Mental Breakdown

Sori

Jinyoung wasn’t sure why, but he found himself in front of Sori’s apartment. As the days passed by, he felt more eager to see her. It drove him crazy not knowing how she was doing. The short moment he was able to see her kept repeating in his head and only made him more frustrated. “I just want to see that she's doing alright” he convinced.

When he arrived on Sori’s floor, he began to hear a loud wave of music. He searched for Sori’s room “#15” he said as he quickly paced through the hallways. As Jinyoung reached Sori’s room the noise commenced louder and louder.

“Is the loud music coming from her room?” Jinyoung said, putting his ear against the door. He started to feel confused. “It sounds like the classical piece we listened to together....” He was about to knock on the door but stopped himself in realization that she wouldn't be able to hear it. He decided to text her instead.

Kim Sori, this is Jung Jinyoung. Please open the door.” He typed nervously. He waited outside for 10 minutes, continuing to text her.

“Sori-Ah please just let me see you once! Please open the door!” Another 10 minutes passed with no response, he started to bang on the door, alarm rising in his stomach. He tried to turn the knob of the door, and to his surprise, the door swung open. Cautiously, Jinyoung entered the apartment, loud music beating through his ears.

Jinyoung’s eyes widened and his heartbeat began to quicken “Kim Sori!” he screamed. She was on the floor crying and screaming. Her hair was in a mess along with all of her belongings scattered and broken on the floor. He spotted pills scattered on the floor and ran to Sori. He quickly knelt on the floor in front of her, putting his hands on each of her shoulders.

“Sori-ah! What are you doing? Why are you doing this to yourself!” he said, no longer holding back his tears. Sori looked up and showed no emotion for her unexpected visitor. She coldly pushed him away.

“Get out!” she bawled. “Please, just leave me alone! I don’t need anyones help!” she shouted continuing to cry. Jinyoung wrapped his arms around Sori tightly. Sori tried to escape his grasp but she had no strength left in her body. “Get away from me! Why are you being like this!” Sori cried. “I can’t let you do something you’ll regret” Jinyoung kept replying to her cries, although he knew she couldn’t hear him.

Jinyoung sat there embracing Sori for 10 minutes as she wept. His heart was heavy while his mind completely blank. I can’t let you do something stupid was the only thing he repeated in his mind.

 

 

Sori and Jinyoung sat against the wall of her apartment as it begun to get dark. Sori sat, arms around her legs, head against her knees. She had finally stopped crying and all that filled the room was the silence of the night. She had neither the energy nor a bother to tell Jinyoung to leave, whether someone was there or not made no difference to her anymore. She just wanted to turn back time, in hopes of a different fate.

Suddenly Sori got a text.

“Sori-ah, have you eaten yet?” – Jinyoung

“no” – Sori

“I’m…I’m hungry” Sori brought herself to say. She had no food in her fridge and was too drained to go out and get food herself. She didn’t know why she suddenly had an appetite to eat, she had just been crying for the past few days. If it wasn’t for the nurses spoon-feeding her she probably wouldn’t have eaten anything.

Jinyoung put his hand on Sori’s knee and looked at her “I’ll be right back, stay here” he said. Sori could mouth out his words “I-I can get food for myself” she lied. “Why would you tell him you’re hungry then Sori” She thought. Jinyoung then recalled something Dongin told him before he left the hospital.

 

“Jinyoung hyung, Sori… has a lot of pride. She doesn’t like it when people help her because she doesn’t like being indebted to people. But I’ve found out something, she leans on the people she trusts, like nurse Jung and I. Since I’ve already clarified that you’re not a bad guy, don’t listen to her, and help her.”

 

Jinyoung got up and left to go get Sori something to eat. When he came back he found Sori fast asleep on the floor. He searched for a blanket and covered her with it. He put the food he brought in the fridge and put a sticky note on the fridge “there’s food inside, eat it well” it read. With a heavy heart, he headed back to his dorm.

 

 

“Jinyoung, you keep messing up the moves, is something up?” Shinwoo asked concerned. Jinyoung was usually the one on top of things, being the leader of the group, but lately he couldn’t get himself to concentrate.

“It’s because of her, isn’t it?” Baro said, annoyed. “Who are you talking about?” The rest of the members asked, confused. “That Girl we saw in the hospital. Ever since that day she gave us chocolate, Jinyoung has been only thinking about her” Baro told.

“But, do you even know her? Have you even seen her after that day? Hyung isn’t the type to like someone he doesn’t know well” Gongchan questioned. Everyone looked confused, they knew Sori as just a fan that they met for a day, and wrapping their heads around Jinyoung having interest in her was hard to digest.

“All those times Jinyoung went out was for her, right Jinyoung?” Baro asked in verification.

“Everything Baro's saying….is true" Jinyoung sighed. "You guys only saw her that one day, but couldn’t you tell how depressed she looked? I couldn’t just leave myself wondering how she was doing. My concerns lead me to being attached, and now I really can’t stop thinking about her. Just give me a bit of time and I’ll figure things out” Jinyoung confessed. He left the practice room annoyed, not at the members, but at himself for not being able to explain his feelings towards Sori properly. He wanted to get to know Sori and spend time with her so his feelings could be clear and settled.

“Jinyoung-ah” Shinwoo called, following him out. “You seem really troubled, why didn’t you tell us before? What’s going on?” he asked putting his hand on Jinyoung’s shoulder.

“I can't forget it, I don’t know how to explain it well myself, but after seeing her condition yesterday, I just can’t let her go. I know that being in a relationship isn’t really possible, but I want to at least be able to be her friend.”

 

 

Jinyoung laid awake that night, thinking of ways to get Sori to open up to him. He got out his phone and texted her, not expecting a reply.

“Sori-ah, have you eaten what was in the fridge yet? Are you doing okay?”

He sat there staring at his phone for a reply. 10 minutes later his phone began to vibrate. Jinyoung shot up in hopes it was Sori.

“I ate it well. Thank you”

“Please take care of yourself” Jinyoung quickly replied.

“Please don’t worry about me. Focus on your own life now and just remember me as a fan. Goodnight.”

Jinyoung closed his phone in frustration what am I doing, should I just leave her alone? he thought.