Trust

Sori

Eyes wide open, Sori stared at the glass display in front of her. She slowly turned her head towards Jinyoung and stared at him for a while. “Are you crazy? You think I’m going to let you buy me this?” Sori crossed her arms and shook her head. “I know we haven’t even been together for a year but, common Jinyoung, you know me a little better than this” Sori said lightly pushing Jinyoung’s arm.

They both stood inside an extremely expensive jewelry shop. The shop didn’t even need lighting, it shun from across the street on its own. In front of them was a display of carefully crafted watches, all with price ranges that were clearly targeted to the upper class.

“I want to buy you something expensive, at least once! Our group has been doing pretty well lately, I can afford at least one of these!” Jinyoung smiled confidently. “Ya, you think things like this makes me happy? Idiot. I could eat over 200 bowls of sea food noodles instead!” Sori scoleded.

 She was touched that Jinyoung wanted to blow his paycheck on her, but she sincerely had not desire for these kinds of things. She guessed it was because she could afford it all, so she no longer saw the meaning in it. She grew up seeing her mom buy herself all these luxury items, and she noticed one thing, it never made her mother happier, it could never fill the void inside of her.  Sori realized it was the same for herself. Although she could get whatever she wanted, she still remained depressed. That all changed once she met Dongin, he was her first real friend, and she didn’t care how embarrassing that sounded, because she was happy.

“But getting couple watches is a good idea, right? At least praise me for that!” Jinyoung pouted.

“I like the idea a lot” Sori smiled and ruffled Jinyoung’s hair “If you really want one of these watches, I’ll buy it for you” Sori suggested.

“No way, no deal. It was my idea first, so I pay!” Jinyoung refused.

“I’ll buy it as an early birthday present!” Sori joked.  “December is almost ending… you’re going to buy me a present 11 months early?” Jinyoung laughed. “Why not? Is there a special birthday handbook that says I can’t?” Sori questioned. 

“Yes, and it says that you can’t buy someone a present if they tell you not to”

“Always so stubborn.”

“You’re one to talk!” Jinyoung snickered.

“Ok, ok! Let’s not fight and go to an antique jewelry shop instead. We’ll probably find a watch 10x more prettier and cheaper than the ones in here” Sori said dragging Jinyoung outside of the store.

 

“For someone with millions in their bank account you sure know where to find cheap things” Jinyoung mentioned as they walked into the antique shop.

“Just because I’m rich, doesn’t mean I have to spend over $2000 on a watch! This stuff is so much more prettier anyways!” Sori said as she looked around. “Although I must admit I can spend a lot of money in one go when I’m really stressed” Sori’ added. “You can also eat 10 servings in one go when you’re stressed so I’m not even surprised” Jinyoung laughed.

“Here they are!” Sori chirped. Her eyes gleamed as she looked at the display in front of her. Every one of them caught her eyes. “They’re so pretty”

“This one is my favorite” Sori carefully took out the simplest looking watch. It had a classic design and was gold plated with a white interior. “It looks like it could be real gold, right? But there’s no matching ones...” Sori pouted as she inspected the other watches.

Jinyoung took out a silver one that had a similar style. They don’t have to look exactly the same” Jinyoung reasoned, “and I know exactly what to do! I’ll give you the watch on new years, you’ll be here for new years, right Sori-ah?” Jinyoung asked eagerly.

“I leave January 1st, so I’ll be here on New Years Eve.”

“Perfect, you’re going to spend it with us, right?”

“Us? You mean you and the members? I want to but…Dongin. I wanted to be with you and him the day before I left but I don’t want you to blow off the boys….” Sori felt conflicted.

“I’ll ask them to come and join us then. Dongin’s room is huge, I’m sure they’ll allow us all on new years eve. We can just spend it there!”

“Are you sure? I don’t know if they’d really want to count down in a hospital…” Sori questioned. “I’ll be spending the rest of my life with those rascals, I don’t think they’ll mind much. They’re not that cool anyways, so don’t worry too much” Jinyoung said with a smile.

“Ehh… speak for yourself Jinyoung-ah” Sori joked. “

Ahh, I forgot, you’re a fan. I apologize” Jinyoung said bowing. Sori laughed and pushed Jinyoung back up.

“Common, let’s pay” Jinyoung walked up to the cashier and paid for the watches.

 

Sori giggled at how happy Jinyoung looked as they walked out of the store. It was the first time he ever bought her something that wasn’t edible. 

“So, why are you taking both watches again? Are you going to give mine to someone else after I leave?” Sori jokingly asked. “How did you fid out?” Jinyoung played along. “Player” Sori sneered, shaking her head.

“You know I wouldn’t even dream of that”

“I know, don’t worry. How could you possibly move on so quickly from a girl as amazing as me?” Sori chuckled. “I won’t even try to” Jinyoung pulled Sori closer to him and kissed her on the cheek.

“Jung Jinyoung! We’re in pub-“ before Sori could scold him he leaned in and pecked her lips.

“Jung Jinyoung!” Sori whined, her cheeks turning red.

“I know you're happy” Jinyoung smiled. “Your cheeks are bright pink” Jinyoung laughed and pinched Sori’s cheeks.

“That’s because it’s cold outside you dumbo!” Sori defended. She put both of her hands against her cheeks out for embarrassment. “We’ve been dating for how many months now and your cheeks still turn red when I kiss you” Jinyoung smiled happily.

“As if yours don’t” Sori mumbled. She faced Jinyoung, placing both of her hands on each side of his face and leaned and kissed him on the lips.

“Whose cheeks are red now?” Sori smirked at Jinyoung’s shocked expression. She ran towards the car before Jinyoung could do anything else.

 

 

 

“Hyung, there’s someone here who wants to see you!” Gongchan alerted as Jinyoung walked through the company doors.

“Huh, who would come to see me?” Jinyoung asked confused.

“She wouldn’t tell me who she was. She’s tall and has black hair…she kind of looks like Sori come to think of it…”

“Sori’s mother!? She’s here to see me? Why didn’t you call me?”

“I called you once and you didn’t answer! The lady told me that she’d just wait and insisted on me not calling you again so I didn’t…”

“She must have known I was with Sori. How long has she been here for?”

“…About an hour” Gongchan slowly replied.

“An hour?!” Jinyoung exclaimed. He quickly ran down the hall into the waiting room.

“Ms. Kim!” He said, barely out of breath. “Jinyoung-ah! Why are you panting?” she said handing him a bottle of water.  “Sorry for keeping you waiting” he said as he bowed.  “It’s alright, I have plenty of free time these days” She reassured him.

 

“Ms. Kim, why did you come to see me? I’m a little surprised… and confused...” Jinyoung admitted.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad” she informed. Jinyoung let out a sigh of relief. “Sori told me that you found out that she’s moving to Japan… I’m really sorry that things had to end up like this. I didn’t mean to split you two a part… it’s just the best for everyone, especially for Sori’s safety” Ms. Kim explained.

“I understand, you don’t have to worry about me” Jinyoung reassured.

“But for some reason, I’m still a little bothered by it so…” Ms. Kim proceeded to take something out of her purse. “Here” She handed Jinyoung a white envelope.  

Jinyoung took it from her hands and slowly began to open it. “Huh…” he blinked his eyes a few times before looking back up at Ms. Kim. A plane ticket layed in his hands. “Why-"

“It’s a plane ticket to Japan, I bought another ticket when I bought Sori’s. I was planning on giving this to you from the start. I knew if I gave it to Sori she would never relay it back to you.”

“I’m really touched that you want me to go with her but… I don’t think I can. My work is here after all” Jinyoung declined.

“I’m not expecting you to stay with her until she comes back…just go as a vacation. Stay there for a week and then come back. I just didn’t want you to only have one week left with her…” Ms. Kim explained. 

“But…after I come back, I can still go and visit her later, right?” Jinyoung asked puzzled.

“I’m sorry Jinyoung but… you have to cut contact with her until she comes back. I’ll be filing the lawsuit after you come back from Japan. If you both keep contact with each other, her father will be able to track her down for sure. Don’t under estimate that sick man”

“So... you’re saying that I won’t be able to see her or hear her voice until she comes back?” Jinyoung was taken aback. He didn’t think it would be this severe. He thought it would be okay since he could visit Sori at least once a year, but the thought of not being able to see her nor hear her voice made his heart sink.

“…I’m- I’m really sorry Jinyoung, it’s all my fault… but, there’s one good thing that came out of me marrying that man, and it’s Sori. I’ll get things back to normal as fast as I can. I hope you’ll wait for her, because I know she’ll wait for you” Ms. Kim comforted. She put both of her hands on top of Jinyoung’s and gave him a warm smile.

“How do you know she’ll wait for me? Honestly… I’m a little worried…but I never told Sori that…” Jinyoung confessed.

“Jinyoung-ah, I know because she’s never been in love with anyone before. If she loves you, and you love her, then nothing will change” Ms. Kim consoled.

“I hope so”

 

 

“What should I do…” Jinyoung sat alone in the recording studio and stared at the plane ticket that laid in front of him. “If I go with her, won’t it be harder for me to leave than to see her off here...?” He felt conflicted; he wanted to go with her but at the same time he didn’t trust himself to, especially after what Ms. Kim told him. “Once I leave, that’s it… who knows when I’ll see her again… what if she finds someone else?” He shook that thought and tried to think positively, but the uneasy feeling in his heart remained. He was afraid that the past would repeat itself.

“Jinyoung… are you okay?” Shinwoo said taking a seat beside him.

“Huh- Yeah…no, not really…” Jinyoung admitted.

“I can tell, your face looks kind of pale. Did something happen with you and Sori’s mom? Did she give you bad news?” Shinwoo asked.

“She gave me this” Jinyoung said, handing Shinwoo the plane ticket. “What’s this? Isn’t this Sori’s ticket to Japan?” Shinwoo asked confused.

“No, it’s mine.” Jinyoung informed. “What?! Jinyoung, are- are you going to live in Japan too? How could you just-“

“I’m not going to leave Korea and live in Japan, don’t worry” He said patting Shinwoo’s shoulder. Shinwoo let out a sigh of relief  “You scared me, don’t do that ever again”

“Sori’s mom gave this to me. She told me to stay with Sori for a week and then come back, but I don’t know if I can do it…” Jinyoung let out. “Why not? You have nothing to lose by going, if anything this is great news!” Shinwoo encouraged. “No… it really isn’t. The moment I come back is the moment she files the lawsuit. She said I have to cut all contact with her after that so that her crazy father won’t be able to track her down” Jinyoung explained.

“I guess that makes sense… So that’s why you look so upset… I’m sure in a year everything will be back to normal. A year goes by really fast for us so don’t stress too much, okay?” Shinwoo comforted.

“Shinwoo… don’t you think she’ll move on and find someone else like….like-“
“Like your ex-girl friend did? Is that why you’re so tense? Jinyoung, that was such a long time ago, don’t compare that girl to Sori. Imagine how upset she’d be if she knew you were scared that she would do what your ex did. Don’t you trust her more than that?” Shinwoo consoled.

“You’re right…I don’t know what I’m thinking. I guess I’ve just been thinking about the worst case scenarios lately since I’m so stressed” Jinyoung confessed.

“Jinyoung, before both of you see each other off…make sure you both have one thing.”

“what..?” Jinyoung asked.

“trust.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Semester 1 is over and i can finally update this fic. Sorry for the long wait!