Another Goodbye

Sori

The days passed by more quickly than the two had hoped. Each day that passed reminded them that they would soon be separated. These thoughts constantly lingered in their minds, leaving them uneasy for the time they had left together. Still, they were both determined to enjoy it as much as they could.

Sori finally began to start her training at the entertainment company she would be working at. Since they were only training her the first week, she was able to come home early so it didn’t effect much of the time her and Jinyoung had together. But Sori still felt apologetic towards him. Jinyoung wouldn’t leave the house incase he would get into some sort of trouble again. Sori wanted to take him places, but he wouldn’t let her. Everyday he would cook for her at home and they would stay inside during the day. Sori practically had to force him out of the house late at night so they could roam around Tokyo in quiet streets. She could feel how anxious he was though, always on the look out for anything suspicious, always wanting to protect her.

“Jinyoung, can you loosen up a bit? It’s 3am, I’m sure nothing’s going to happen. It’s not like we’re famous or anything.” Sori calmed. They were sitting inside a tiny coffee shop; they were the only customers there.

“Hey! I’m famous, right?” Jinyoung laughed.

“In Japan? …Sorry Jinyoung but I doubt anyone knows you. It’s not like you’re an Arashi member or something” Sori laughed.

“Better safe than sorry, right?”

“No wonder why you’re the leader…” Sori laughed. “I’m sorry for not being able to take you places during the day… only being able to go out at night must be really frustrating” Sori pouted.

“It’s okay because your smile brightens everything, so smile.” Jinyoung said putting both of his hands on Sori’s face and forcing her to smile. He let out a short laugh “you look funny” Sori removed his hands. “I can smile on my own!” she whined.

“You’ll keep smiling after I leave too, right?” Jinyoung asked, making Sori’s heart drop a little. “Sori-ah?” he called at the silent Sori.

“I didn’t mean to bring down the mood. I just want to leave knowing that you’ll still be smiling. I won’t be able to leave happily if you’re not.”

“You don’t have to worry about me. Once you leave, just live your life the way you did before you met me. I moved here so everyone wouldn’t be effected by my family problems anymore, and that includes you too” Sori said seriously. “If you can do that, then I’ll keep smiling.”

“It’s impossible to move backwards now and live like before we met, so let’s just move forward, even though it might be painful…” Jinyoung sighed. “Sori-ah, I’ll never be able to stop worrying about you, just like you can’t stop worrying about me…”

“I guess we’ll never be smiling then” Sori joked.

“I guess we’ll just have to smile as much as we can now then” Jinyoung smiled and put his hands around Sori’s two hands that were holding her mug.

“You really , you know that?” Sori said, jokingly sticking her tongue out at him. “Always acting all cute and sweet. I feel like I’ll get diabetes every time I’m with you” Sori continued to rant as Jinyoung hysterically laughed at her commentary.

 

Like that, the day that Jinyoung had to finally leave came.  With a heavy heart, they loaded Jinyoung’s luggage into Sori’s car and drove off to the airport.  Both didn’t speak on the way, leaving the atmosphere incredibly tense. They both felt that no words were necessary at this point. They had said what they wanted to say and now it was time to say goodbye.

Once they arrived, Sori waited for Jinyoung to check in his bags anxiously. She knew that once they were checked in, they would finally have to separate. She felt incredibly nauseous due to lack of sleep and was reminding herself that this wasn’t a dream anymore. “This is it”. Jinyoung checked in his bags as slowly as possible and then finally returned to Sori, who was sitting on a bench nearby.

“S-sori-ah… I’m- I’m d-done…” he stuttered. Words wouldn’t properly come out of his mouth.

“Huh? Did everything go smoothly?” Sori said getting up. “Yeah, everything went fine” he replied. Jinyoung stayed still, keeping his eyes on Sori’s uneasy expression. They both stayed silent for a while, staring at each other, as if they’d forget each other’s faces once they said goodbye. They wanted to spend at least a moment longer with each other, but Sori knew, if she wasn’t the first to say goodbye, Jinyoung wouldn’t leave.

“Jinyoung… you’re going to miss your flight” Sori said, looking at the watch Jinyoung bought for her.

“I really hate goodbyes-” she suddenly cursed under her breath, tears flowing from her eyes. “I hate this, I hate this-” she repeated as she continued to cry.

Jinyoung pulled Sori towards him and wrapped his arms around her. “I- I’m really going to miss you Sori…I ‘ll see you soon though, okay?” he said, trying to hold back his tears.

“Why did you make me fall for you, huh? This would have been easy if I didn’t love you… Jung Jinyoung.”

“Don’t cry” Jinyoung let out in a choked up voice. Sori slowly pulled away from Jinyoung and saw his eyes full of tears “why don’t you stop crying first!” She said as she wiped away his tears with her sleeve. Jinyoung did the same for her and they began to laugh at each other.

“I’m never going to wash this sleeve” Jinyoung smiled.

“Loser” she joked.

“Don’t wash yours either! My tears will be worth a lot in a few years, just wait and see. It’ll be worth more than your fathers company” He smiled confidently. Sori smiled back at him and took a deep breath.

“You should go, Jinyoung… I’ll come back as soon as I can… Take care of yourself, okay?”

“I’ll always be waiting for you, Sori. Don’t eat any instant noodles, got it?”

“Okay, I promise. Now go before I start crying again!” She said waving at him to leave.

“I love you Sori, I mean it.”

“I love you too.”

“Wait... Sori?” Jinyoung hesitated.

“What? You’re going to miss your flight!” Jinyoung patted his lips with his hand, signaling for her to kiss him.

“Oh god, I thought I saw the last of this.” Sori giggled. “Alright, I guess you deserve one” Sori wrapped her hands around Jinyoung neck and gave him one last kiss.

Sori watched Jinyoung as he left, every step he took away from her made her heartache a little more, the thought that this may be the last they see of each other as a couple lingered. “In a few years…will we really still love each other like this?”

 

What will their fate come down to?

3 years later.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a month later i finally update. Sorry, been super busy with course work. Finally i have a week off so you can expect this fic to end by the end of next week!