Teaser 3; Key's Awesome Eavesdropping Skills

The Adventure of Colored Fame

Key was casually walking around the SM building when he passed by the meeting room. As he walked by, he noticed that there was a meeting going on. Being the curious rapper that he was, he leaned against the door and began eavesdropping on the conversation.

"Evaluate each female trainee's progress and talent. Choose the best of the best. I want this new girl band to be big," he heard the founder say. Key's eyes widened and he leaned against the door even more, hoping he could get more information.

Much to his dismay, however, he heard as Lee Soo Man dismissed the staff. Afraid that he would get caught eavesdropping, he immediately dashed off to tell his bandmates.

 

Key burst through the doors of SHINee's dorm. The four other members were sitting on the ground, playing a card game. Hearing the door slam loudly, they all looked up to see Key exhausted from running.
"What's with the 'I'm-about-to-die-from-exhaustion' face, yo?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and looked at the latter.
Taemin looked back down at his cards and asked, "Did something happen, hyung?"
Key nodded his head vigorously and took a deep breath before loudly bellowing, "I JUST OVERHEARD THE SM MEETING. THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEW GIRL BAND, BUT I DIDN'T MANAGE TO GET ANYMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GROUP!"
Everyone paused for a while, and the room became dead silent.
Then, the three members stuck their faces back into their cards and blankly said, "Cool."
"Aren't you guys surprised?!" Key looked at them in a bewilderness.
Min Ho shook his head, "Nope. Allkpop announced the news right after their press conference meeting."
 ".........." Key face-palmed, "I ran all the way back for no reason."
"I'm excited to see who these 6 girls are!" Taemin smiled brightly, "Hopefully, most of them are younger than me so that they'll call me 'oppa'!~ I feel so special!!"
 Jonghyun smacked the back of Taemin's head, "Idiot, they'll call us 'sunbae'. You're not special at all, pabo."

Key face-palmed again at his band members.

 

The announcement of this new girl band spread like wildfire. YoonA was checking Allkpop when she ran across the article. It became the #1 most popular article on Allkpop within a couple hours of release!

"Eonni, eonni! Come look at this!"
 Taeyeon casually walked over to the latter and asked, "What? Do you want to complain about another photo that was taken of you?"
YoonA shook her head and pointed at the computer screen, "Our company is releasing a new girl band!"
Jessica and Tiffany, who were both sitting on the couch, had their ears perked up hearing the words 'new girl band', and they immediately rushed over to YoonA.
"What? Where?" they both exclaimed at the same time.
Once again, YoonA pointed at the computer screen, "It says that they're called 'Crayon', and they'll have 6 members."
At that moment, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, and SeoHyun walked through the door. They went out to buy ice cream for the other lazy members.
"What new girl band?" Yuri asked as she walked over to Taeyeon. The other girls followed her.
"Crayon. 6 members. Colorful. Rainbow. Red. Orange. Yellow. Green. Blue. Purple," Hyoyeon read aloud as she scanned the Allkpop article.
"Mysterious... Hmmm," Sunny tapped her chin as she got up from the couch.
"Do you think they will become better than us?" Jessica questioned.
Tiffany shook her head, "Don't be selfish, Jessica. We're their sunbaes. We should be supporting them!"
YoonA nodded in agreement, "Yeah, we should be supporting them, not bringing them down. Even if they do become more famous than us, we have to realize that the life of an idol is short."
"YoonA's right," Taeyeon walked over to Jessica and sat down next to her, "We're going to retire someday."
Jessica pouted, "Still! I wanted to be an idol for as long as possible."
"We all do," Hyoyeon responded.
"Do you think we should ask sajangnim about this?" Sunny raised her head.
Sooyoung tilted her head, "Well.. you're his niece."
"That's true..." Sunny lowered her head again.
Taeyeon patted Sunny's head, "We'll all go ask tomorrow."

 

EXO-K and EXO-M were in the middle of intense practice. Baekhyun, on the other hand, was sitting on the bench and playing with his phone. He was supposed to be taking a water break.
"HEY, HEY, HEY!" Baekhyun yelled, causing the members to stop dancing and stare at him.
"Awww," D.O. whined, "I was just about to sing my favorite part!"
"What's so urgent that you have to interrupt our practice?" Se Hun rolled his eyes.
Baekhyun held up his phone for the other members to see.
Lu Han was the first to rush over and read the article, "Oooohhhh!~"
One by one, the members read the Allkpop article.
"New girl band..? But we just debuted!" Kris exclaimed.
Chen shrugged, "Maybe the girls are an extension of EXO."
Chanyeol shook his head, "Nope. They're called 'Crayon', aka sajangnim's new magical project."
"Do you think they'll be pretty? Like.. SNSD pretty?" Baekhyun's eyes twinkled.
"Who knows.. Most of the girls in SM are pretty anyway," Kai casually walked off.
"That's true.. Maybe I'll be able to impress one of them with my towel commercial!" Baekhyun greasily began to act out his little CF.

"Aish..," Su Ho smacked the latter on the head, "No one will ever buy your yellow towels."
"Yah Baekhyun, wanna go wash together again?" Se Hun smiled, "NOT IN THE WRONG WAY."
"Oh, sure. Let's go take a shower break, guys!" Baekhyun smiled back.
One by one, the members started leaving the practice room.