Learning Their Songs

The Adventure of Colored Fame

Don't you just hate it when you're almost done filling out an application or writing a chapter, and you accidentally close the tab? Ugh, then you have to start all over because you can't recover any of the data. ;_______;

Happens to me too often, guys. :c


The girls arrived to the practice room bubbly and excited. They would finally learn their songs today! Unpacking their stuff, they were busy chatting with eachother about the songs.
"I read on Allkpop that our songs' names are 'I Don't Know', 'Shady Girl', and 'Let Us Just Love'," Chaerin said while pacing back and forth.
"I wonder if there'll be any good rapping parts in the songs," Hweri rested her head on her hand and wondered.
"I'm sure they made wonderful rapping parts just for you two~" Sooyun sang to the Hweri, making the leader smile.

"Good morning, girls!"
The member immediately stood up straight when they heard the voice of their instructors.
"I'm sure you're all excited today," the instructors walked through the door and greeted the members.
Carmie began to twirl her hair nervously while Sooyun bit her lip and began to play with her fingers.
"Who here can play the piano extremely well?" Instructor Park raised his eyebrow and asked. Carmie and Sooyun raised their hands.
"Who is the best out of you three?" Instructor Lee asked. The two girls shrugged, signalling that they had no clue.
 "Carmie, go play the piano," Haejin emotionlessly suggested. Carmie walked over to the piano and sat down.
"Here's the music sheets. Go sight-read and play it so that the other members can hear how it sounds like," Park Yong Jo instructed.
Carmie took a look at the piano sheets and began to twirl her hair, "I don't know if I can sight read the entire thing..."
"OOHH. I'LL HELP!" Sooyun offered and sat next to Carmie, "You play the right hand, eonni. I'll play the left. Ready? 5..6. 7, 8."
The two began to play the solo piano song as a duet, Sooyun sight-read and played the left hand while Carmie played the right.
The other member swayed back and forth to the cheerful song and smiled.
Amazingly, the two girls kept in sync as if they were one person. There were a couple mistakes here and there, but they sounded fine and no one noticed the mistakes.

Sooyun and Carmie played the last note to the song and everyone began to clap enthusiastically. Sooyun jokingly bowed while Carmie blew kisses at everyone, "THANK YOU, THANK YOU!~"
The two were about to go back to the benches where the rest of the members were, but the instructors stopped them, "You're not done. There's other song! Well, it's a preview of the song.. so it's only 1 minute long."
"You can do this one by yourself, eonni~" Sooyun giggled and joined th other members.
Carmie plopped back down on the piano bench as the instructors handed her the second piece of music.
After taking a couple seconds to look over the music, Carmie placed her hands on the smooth keys and began to play the song.
Of course, she stumbled a couple times because her fingers were trembling from nervousness, but besides that, it was very soothing and beautiful. The second song was much more simple than the first one.
Again, when she finished, the members clapped and Carmie beamed proudly before bowing and returning to the other members.

"Alright. Can anyone guess which song was which?" Instructor Lee challenged the members.
Sooyun was the first to raise her hand, "Well, there was no name written on the music sheets, but I think the first one is 'I Don't Know'."
"That's right, Sooyun. Good job." Sooyun stood up and did a little victory dance.
"Was the second one 'Let Us Just Love'?" Hweri wanted to win, too.
"Nope. It was 'Shady Girl'," Instructor Park chuckled as Hweri sank down in defeat.
Setsuna, noticing that something was missing, raised her hand, "Where's 'Let Us Just Love'?"
"Good question. We didn't get the music sheets for that yet, so we can't give you girls a preview," Instructor Park replied.
"Are you girls ready to learn who has which part?" Instructor Lee smiled at the members, who nodded enthusiastically.
"More ready than everrr~" Chaerin sang.

The rest of the day was spent singing and memorizing words to their new songs. The members felt proud that they could finally claim a song to be theirs and no one else's. There was a flame of determination burning inside each and every one of their hearts, and they were eager to give the audience a strong debut stage.


So.. I couldn't find a piano version of 'Let Us Just Love', eh heh~ So I made an excuse. :3