Chapter 8

Loving the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook's POV

*6 months later*

My life as a kept woman of the most respected businessman in Korea remained largely the same. I am still well hidden from the public and even at work, he never spoke to me in front of anyone. We are like complete strangers in the eyes of others.

I am alone tonight at a kimchi soup eatery near my place watching the news from the tv. Then, there was a report of a charity ball that was held tonight. The camera shot Kyuhyun and his wife talking to the other influentials. I couldn't help but notice Kyuhyun's hand on the waist of his wife.

“Look at these rich people.” The kimchi soup ahjumma said to me when she was clearing my empty bowls. I smiled helplessly and stood up to leave for home.

I arrive home to be invited by the empty apartment. It's been a week since Kyuhyun returned, i doubt he will be back today.

Just then, i heard sounds from the front door and it swang open. It was Kyuhyun.

He paused at the door to remove his shoes before coming in and I, like an obedient puppy, took his briefcase.

“I thought you won't be back today, i saw you on the news.”

He wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me close to him. I readily hugged him back tightly. I missed his smell so much, his temperature and his touch.

“Just let me hug you.” He said and i nodded.

Our relationship, i would say, is a little different after that day. Kyuhyun although sometimes cutely awkward, was less abusive towards me. He no longer forced me into anything as long as I said no.

And I? I have come to terms that I love him and I will not lie about that. Shh... Don't tell him.

Time seemed to stop when we hugged, he separated from me and said “I'm leaving.”

“Mwo?” I was disappointed.

“I have to go back.” He said coldly and turned to wear his shoes again.

“But... I.... “ He cupped my chin to bring my lips to his before I could finish my sentence. I enjoyed the scent of his breath i missed so much. The kiss was so short and he left the house, leaving me alone.

Kyuhyun's POV

Does that pabo know how much i miss her? I actually travelled all the way from Busan to just hug and kiss her and I now have to travel back to Busan. After that fateful day, I realised my love for Ryeowook but I cannot bring myseld to tell her that I love her. I am reminded of my father whenever I feel happy with her. But.... I really really love her.

Aboji, can I?

The week long conference at Busan is killing me. Not only do I had to separate from my Ryeowook, i was told to bring my wife along since her father was the Chairman of the project panel. Spending a second with Choi Hwayoung is a waste of my time.

I was forced to marry her just to save my dad's company. I was determined to be nice to her even if my heart was with Ryeowook but easier said than done. I just can't....

*Flashback*

“So... Cho Kyuhyun. We are married and this is our nuptial night. I want you to strip.”

“Mwo?”

“I said strip. You married me for money didn't you? My father may look up to you but to me, you are nothing but a beggar. ” My wife said proudly.

“I think you got yourself wrong, I married for your father's money and not yours. So if i strip, i would strip for your father, not you.” I rebutted.

“You!”

I took a pillow and set my bed on the couch in the room and slept. At that time, i just started my relationship with Ryeowook and she was all i could think of. But because of that night, my wife treated me like an enemy. We would act all lovey dovey in front of others and the media but we have never liked each other.

*End of flashback*

“You are finally back huh? Went to meet your lover?” My wife, Hwayoung spoke when i arrived in our suite room.

I ignored her and proceeded to my room in the second floor. As i was about to close the door, she barged in.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“We need to talk.”

“I think we do not have anything to talk about.” I said coldly.

“I'm sorry. I am sorry for all the bad things i said and did over the years. That's because i really wanted your attention. I love you, even before we got married. I was so happy that you were willing to marry me when my father suggested it. But i was just so angry on our wedding night when you looked so gloomy the whole day.” She said with tears flowing down.

I gave a short laughter.

“Omo, their heiress of Choi enterprise is confessing her love for me? What have i done to deserve it? I am nothing but a beggar.”

“Kyuhyun ah, i said i am sorry. Please, let's start afresh. I will let my father pump in more money into your company.”

“Afresh? Have we even started? Look, i am very tired. Can you just let me rest?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter