Chapter 13

Loving the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook's POV

It is the day of the party and i am getting butterflies in the stomach before arriving at the party. Maybe just a petty display of rebellion, I wore the dress Kyuhyun gifted me last month. I was a white queen anne necklined dress. Kyuhyun said that I looked best in white. I have not worn this for him yet so I thought I would do it now.

“Ryeowook ah, you look great!” Yuri said to me. I blushed and smiled to her.

“Ryeowook ssi, you shouldn't look more beautiful than Mrs Cho, do you want our department to be under fire?” Manager Park said worriedly. He is the best bootlicker I have ever seen.

“Manager nim, I will take that as a compliment that I am beautiful.” I said shamelessly and got seated at the round banquet table reserved for us.

I looked around to see so many other chaebols whom I often see on scandal magazines and other influential businessman as the guest. This made me realise that the man who I have given my heart to is actually such an impressive man.

The lights dimmed, signifying the start of the banquet.

Romantic music resonated the hall and a slide show of Kyuhyun and his wife's wedding photos and some other photos of their daily 'romantic' life. I felt so sour in the heart as I watched. There were pictures of Kyuhyun smiling widely at his wife that it always shakes me up whether he actually loved his wife.

Yes, I am losing confidence.

Everyone clapped after the slideshow ended and Yuri beside me was touched to tears. “I want a marriage like that...” She cried.

“Thank you distinguished guests for joing us on this joyous day for the 5th anniversary of the model couple of the business world Mr Cho Kyuhyun and Mrs Cho-Choi Hwayoung!” Everyone clapped and cheer as the couple slowly walked in, hand in hand.

Kyuhyun looked very handsome in his tuxedo and his wife, elegant as usual in a red long dress. They were smiling and waving to the guests. Upon reaching the stage, they cut the cake and hugged.

Soon, someone in the crowd shouted “Kiss her, Kiss her.” and everyone followed suit. Mrs Cho blushed at the request.

Kyuhyun looked a little reluctant but gave her a peck on the cheek. The audiences jeered as he did not kiss her on the lips.

“Shall we have the couple make a speech?”

Mrs Cho took the mic and talked about how much she is grateful to Kyuhyun as a lover. I did not bother listening too attentively as I know that I would burst out crying. Soon, it was Kyuhyun's turn. He took the mic and paused.

Everyone held their breath waiting for him to speak. I soon realise that Kyuhyun seem to be looking for me in the crowd.

Kyuhyun ah, i am here. I thought to myself.

Like he could hear me, he found me and smiled.

“You are like the light in my life. I am thankful for all the love I received, I definitely do not deserve it. Like I promised you, I would not let you stop loving me. Let's continue loving for the rest of our lives.” Kyuhyun said sweetly with his eyes fixed at me.

Tears flowed down my eyes and I nodded at him. I did not care if anyone else saw, I just wanted to tell him I undertand his heart.

Kyuhyun wiped the tears from his eyes and continued “You may not understand everything I do but just trust me, I love you.”

Not knowing that his speech was directed at me, the audience cheered loudly. Kyuhyun turned to hug his wife to complete

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter