Chapter 17

Loving the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

yuhyun's POV

I am preparing for my leaving of the company since I already heard that the board of directors are asking for my disposal as CEO. Hwayoung, as what she said, is taking all the revenge she can on me. My scandal is now the gossip of the city. We are on the cover page of all tabloids. I cannot even leave the house without a full body cover up.

I know that Ryeowook is feeling guilty for everything that is happening but she has no idea how fortunate I feel to have her by my side.

With my final drafted speech in my hands, I walked into the stake holder meeting room. Cameras are already set up to be telecasted in the company's website and canteen TV. Hwayoung was already sitting in there, smirking at me. I sat at my usual front seat and gave a deep bow.

“I, Cho Kyuhyun, announce that I will be stepping down as CEO with effect from today. I know of the effect of my scandal on the company and I know that with my experienced directors around, you will do a good job even if I am not around.”

Ryeowook ah, are you watching? Don't cry....

I continued, “Choi Hwayoung will take over as CEO and I hope that you will give her your best effort. I apologise for the uproar my relationship has cost to the company but I do not regret loving that person. She is the warmest person I have known and she healed my long rotten wounds. I have ruined her life but am thankful that she is still willing to be with me. Kim Ryeowook, let's love.”

I stood up and bowed one last time.

The camera switched off and I turned to Hwayoung. “This company is my father's hard work, I hope that you can do your best with it.”

“I do not need you to teach me what to do.” She said annoyingly.

I smiled and left the meeting room.

Ryeowook's POV

My vision was blurred by the tears circling in my eyes while watching the telecast of Kyu's final speech in the canteen. I know everyone else are scolding me behind my back that I brought the once charismatic CEO down to nothing.

I have tendered my resignation this morning as well to follow Kyuhyun. I have no idea what our future would be but I am willing to go with him wherever he goes.

“Ryeowook ah.”

“Kyu....Kyuhyun ah.” My lover walked towards me.

He pulled my wrist and led me away. “Let's go.” He said.

I was dragged by him to the car and off we go.

As if the world is left with just the two of us, I enjoyed our time alone in the car. Kyuhyun drove with one hand and the other, to hold my hand.

“Kyuhyun ah, I am sorry that you have to let go of the company because of me.”

“Pabo, it's because I let go the company that I have you. Don't you understand?”

“Kyu ah....”

“In life, we make sacrifices. But as long as you sacrifice for something more valuable, it is worth it. And you.... and our baby, is the biggest gift in my life.”

The car slowed and came to a halt.

“Follow me..” My lover said.

I opened the door and followed him. This place is familiar...

It is uncle's old cafe.

My uncle and family have left Korea after apologising to me. I heard that they went to China to hope get my cousin into the audition program and become famous. They did not contact me after that. And this cafe, the sold it and dirt cheap price after Kyuhyun destroyed it the last time.

“This is my uncle's cafe.” I said as we walked into the cafe. It was restored to the way it looked like previously, exactly the same.

Kyuhyun walked to the table at the window and sat down. I joined him.

“Do you remember this seat?” He asked.

I nodded “This is the place you sat when I first saw you.”

“Our beginning was a mistake, I got near you for a motive. Let's start afresh today.”

“Afresh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter