Chapter 5

Loving the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook's POV

“Ryeowook ssi, you are late!:” Manager Park chided as i ran into the office. “I'm sorry, Manager Park.”

“Don't you know that we have a meeting today? Everyone is waiting for you.”

“I am so so sorry.” I repeated as i bowed to everyone else in the meeting room

“Count yourself lucky that the CEO is not here yet.”

“Mwo...C..CEO?”

“Yes, we are starting a pilot project and the CEO is very concerned about it. He will be joining us this morning.”

Oh man, why did Kyuhyun not tell me this morning? No wonder he said we will meet soon before i left the house. It will be so awkward. I sat down at a seat at the meeting table beside Yuri.

“I am so excited. The CEO is coming.” Yuri whispered to me. She definitely is a fan of the CEO.

I faked a smile and played with my fingers nervously as we wait for the boss to join.

The door swang open and i recognise Kyuhyun's personal assistant entering to hold the door. Then, the all too familiar man entered next.

Manager Park gestured to us to stand up and we bowed to Kyuhyun. Like wth, is he even a king?

“Please seat.” Kyuhyun said politely. In front of others, he was always the perfect human. He is polite, considerate, kind hearted. But to me, he is nothing but a devil from hell.

“I'm sorry i'm late.” He said.

“Oh, no no. You are on time.” Manager Park said quickly.

Then, the meeting started with Manager Park presenting on the concept of the project. Kyuhyun was listening attentively and the frown in between his brows mean that he is thinking hard. Never once did he look at my direction, which was a great relief to me.

The meeting carried on for a long time and Kyuhyun was very enthusiatic about it. It seems that he truly is interested in the project.

Suddenly, my phone rang. Shucks, i forgot to set it to silent mode. I quickly stood up and bowed and left the room. I can sense manager park's laser eyes glaring at me.

I rushed out to answer the call.

“Unnie.” It's my cousin, Hyojin

“Oh, Hyojin ah.”

“Could you drop by my place tonight? Omma cooked your favourite Seafood soup tonight.”

“Um... sure!” i said. I know that whenever my aunt does this, it means that they have a favor to ask from me. It's just that, my uncle is my only relative left in this world, i can't leave him in the lurch.

I returned to the meeting room and for the first time since Kyuhyun stepped into the meeting room, he looked at me. I walked back to my seat discreetly.

“So manager park, give me the figures before i make the decision. Well done. If there's nothing more, i'll make a move.”

“Sure sure. Thank you sir.”

Kyuhyun stood up and glanced at me. That eyes, i know, it means 'I want an answer. Why did you leave the meeting to answer that call. Who was that?' After all these years, i have learnt to read his every expression. This is a skill you definitely need to survive as Cho Kyuhyun's mistress.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter