Job Hunting

I'm Infinite's Chauffeur!?

 

A little bit of information on your background to clear up some things:

When you were little your dad had went bankrupt with his business and had decided to move to the States to find a job. The first two years were hard on him and your family , your parents would argue all the time which led to their divorce. Your brother’s custody was given to your dad while your mom had yours. Your dad, getting a job offer from Seoul, had left you and moved back to Korea with your brother. Now after 10 years you move back to Korea to find your brother. 

 

Chapter 2

Job Hunting

 

 

Your mom didn’t understand why you wanted to look for your brother now of all times.

“Why don’t you finish your college and go?” Your mom tried to reason.

“MOM! Don’t you miss your own son!?” You asked angrily.

“Of course I do but there is nothing I can do about it. Your dad left without any contact information. They could be at another city or country for all we know.” Your mom argued.

“Mom. I made a promise with my brother. He said that 10 years from that day on we would meet at our old neighborhood, our old house. I’m sure he is going to come. It’s been 10 years already he is about to turn eighteen. I need to find him.” You begged your mom.

“Fine. Put yourself on hold in college so that you won’t get kicked out, okay?” she said, “Also you better call me every single day. I don’t want to lose another child of mine.” She ended firmly.

You smiled, “Okay mom. I love you, too.” You gave her a hug.

~

You rented yourself a small one room apartment in Seoul and started looking for a job. You were best at driving so it had to be something related to that. You saw an ad for a taxi driver. Bingo! Aww man, I need to provide my own car?! What the hell? You crossed it out.

Then you saw another ad but they were specifically asking for male drivers. Stupid people, why does everyone think that men can drive better!? I’ve not seen anyone drive better than me! UGH! You thought furiously and threw the newspaper in trash.

You grabbed your jacket and headed outside. Maybe you could find a job ad or something on the way. You were walking aimlessly when you saw an ad in front of a tall building. “NOW HIRING.” it read.

You read the sign further and your eyes widened in surprise. They were looking for a personal driver. It said temporary but it wasn’t like you were going to be in Seoul forever anyways. Just for a few months you thought.

You walked inside and quickly went to the receptionist.

“Hello. I’m here for the job application.” You smiled at the lady. She looked at you up and down and smirked. “You know how to drive?” she said, smirking.

“No, it’s for my friend right here.” You said sarcastically pointing towards the empty space next to you. “Of course I’m applying for myself.”

“But you are a girl. Actually are you one of those crazy fans? Because if you are I’m going to call the security on you.” she said suddenly sounding worried.

Fans? For what?

“What are you talking about? What fans?” You asked genuinely confused.

Her jaw dropped, “You have no idea what this place is do you?” She raised an eyebrow.

“I guess it’s a company, right?” You stated with a small smile, it sounded more like a question.

“Oh my god.” She shook her head disapprovingly. Then, a middle aged man came out of elevators and stopped when he spotted you.

“Who are you?” He asked suspiciously but did not wait for your reply. “How many times do I have to tell you?” He turned to the secretary. “Fans are not allowed to wait inside the building.”

“Oh she is not a fan, sir. She is here to apply for the job.” The secretary defended herself.

“Really?” The man, who you guessed to be the president of this company, softened. “Well then lets see how well you drive, shall we?” He challenged you.

Your eyes sparkled with excitement. “Really?”

“Yeah. I’m late to my appointment. I’m supposed to be there in 20 minutes but it takes around 30 minutes to get there.” He stated. He thought you wouldn’t make it.

“Doe your car have a GPS, sir?” you asked.

“Of course.”

“Awesome. We’ll be there in let’s see… 15 minutes.” You smiled innocently but your eyes showed your excitement.

“I seeyou are really determined.” He crossed his arms.

“I’m new to Seoul so normally it would take less than that.” You stated.

“Well, then let’s go.” He told his own driver to go home for the day and told you to get in.

You touched the steering wheel and felt alive again. You hadn’t driven at all since coming to Seoul.

“Put your seatbelt on, sir.” You said and the car speeded off. You looked at the GPS and instead of using the route it was telling, you found all the small streets and loops to get to your destination faster. You did not drive over the speed limit the whole time and managed to make it to the destination in exactly 15 minutes sharp.

“Well, young miss. Impressive really. I would hire you as my own personal driver if I did not need you for Infinite. Go park the car and wait until my meeting is over and then we can go back to the company to fill out your contract.” He smiled and got out of the car.

YES! You had gotten yourself a job. Impressive, very impressive. You patted yourself on the shoulder and giggled inside the car. But there was one question in your head, who was this Infinite the guy had talked about?

--

A/N: Thanks for reading. Don't forget to comment and subscribe :)