Brother

I'm Infinite's Chauffeur!?

 

 

Chapter 19

Brother

 

You called your mom as you did regularly and asked her for your previous address in Seoul. Today was your brother’s birthday. After all, your searching for him were in vain. You were hoping that you could find him before the appointed date but fate wouldn’t have everything your way after all.

You had waited diligently for this day while working hard for Infinite and developing a crush for a certain leader along the way.

After getting the address from your mom you got into a taxi (because you couldn’t use the company’s car for personal needs) and headed to your previous house.

 

Once you arrived at the place the smell and the scenery brought back some faded memories from your childhood when everything was fine and your family was in a perfect condition. It seemed too far away.

Your previous house was not occupied by anyone and was up for rent as it was stated on a sign posted on the window. Thanks to the vacancy you were able to sit at the front steps of the house and wait for your brother to appear.

You guys hadn’t set a time for this meeting. How could you when you were so young and in hurry? It was a rushed promise made between two siblings. You weren’t even sure whether if your brother remembered the promise or not.

You still held onto that small glimmer of hope though, especially after a few hours that passed without the sight of you brother. He wouldn’t forget about it right? He couldn’t. It was too cruel.

You were losing hope when the night came in without any sight of your brother. It was also getting cold as the night’s air started blowing. You still wanted to hold onto that small glimmer of hope, thought.

 

You glanced at your wrist watch. 11:30 PM. You were going to wait until 12:00 and then leave because then his birthday would have been over.  You pulled your knees closer to your body and rested your head on them with a frown. You were trying really hard to stay awake.

Eun Ae noona?” A voice asked. The voice was surpsingly familiar. You looked up at the sound of the young boy. He did not forget after all! You glanced at your watch before standing up to face him.

11:58PM.

“Byunghun?” You stood up and finally looked at your brother. He was slightly panting from rushing all the way over here after his schedule.

Despite the dim streetlight and the lack of full moonlight you could still make out his face. Your jaw dropped at the sight and so did he. He looked surprised as well.

“But you’are-!” Both of you said at the same time, pointing at each other in shock.

“Orange boy!”

“Infinite’s driver!” He let out a exasperated sigh, “When I learned your name I thought of the possibility of you being my sister but wow-“

“I didn’t know…yeah...wow…” You did not expect the cocky but nice rapper boy to be your brother. You stared at your brother in awe. This time it wasn’t because he was a rapper shining on stage but because you had finally found him.

“C’mere.” You said and motioned him towards you before hugging him tightly in a very sisterly manner.

“Well,” L.joe said, pulling away from the hug, “We have a lot to catch up on don’t we noona?”

“Yup. But first, let’s get you a late birthday cake if we can find a pastry open at this hour.” You swung your arm around his shoulder, “Happy birthday!~”

“Thanks. Silly noona. You won’t find a pastry open at this hour.” He shook his head with a laugh. Both of you hitched a taxi to head home while exchanging numbers, promising to keep in touch.

L.joe was surprised about the identity of his sister but was glad to have finally found you after such a long time. He cursed himself for not being able to arrive earlier and wasting the day. You promised him that you two had all the time in the world from now on to ease his worries before leaving for your house.

 

The next day Byunghun had called you to hang out after his schedule. Being an idol he did not have a chance to go outside much so you had told him to come over to your apartment instead.

Being talented in cooking you cooked a nice dinner for him and baked a late birthday cake as well. He arrived a bit later than the actual planned time because of his schedule but you did not mind.

 

L.joe was apologetic towards being late, “I’m so sorry noona. The recording took longer than planned.” He excused while taking off his shoes.

“It’s fine.” You laughed good naturedly. “I work for Infinite I know how your schedules work.” You smiled as your thoughts went to linger on Infinite. You wondered how they were doing in Japan, especially Sunggyu. Aish, I promised myself to not think about Infinite during my free time! What’s wrong with me?

“Noona?” L.joe called, realizing that you were not listening to him. “NOONA!”

“huh, what?” You stared at him blankly, getting out of your daze.

“I was asking if we could eat because I’m starving.” He smiled.

“Oh yeah sorry. I was thinking… about stuff…” You shook your head to clear your mind. “Aigoo, do they not feed you during recordings?” You ruffled his hair cutely and headed to the table.

During dinner Byunghun praised your cooking and both of you talked about your childhood memories together and what you have been doing these past few years. You were impressed about his training and debut while he was impressed with you getting into an Ivy League college.

After spending quality time with him it felt like your brother had never left your side. It felt like you were never separated in the first place because of the natural bond you two shared. You did feel grim about being separated for so long but now that you two had found each other it seemed like everything was going to work out.

 

---

A/N: Sorry about the late update T_T First AFF was being weird and then I was busy OTL. Anyways as most of you have guessed it, the brother is L.joe!~ Thank you for the comments btw :D

cr: gifs are not mine.