An Accident?

I'm Infinite's Chauffeur!?

 

 

Chapter 17

An Accident?

 

 

Another week had passed with you working your off driving Infinite from one schedule to another. You felt dead after each day and were surprised to see the boys hold on for so long. You only had to drive while they had to film variety shows, interviews, music shows and many more. On top of that they had to take Japanese classes.

 

 

This morning you were waiting outside their Hair Salon as usual waiting for the boys to be done with their hair and makeup. As usual Sunggyu came outside with a cup of coffee for you. You had told him to stop doing this when you were mad at them about the bet but since you had calmed down Sunggyu saw this as an opportunity to resume his actions.

He did not know why but he did like having small conversations with you while he passed you the coffee. Those were the only times when it was only him and you and no one else to in or to bother him. He enjoyed your company because you did not try to flirt with the boys like most of the female workers had done before especially after Infinite had gained popularity. He liked that about you.

“Sunggyu-ssi.” You looked at the cup of coffee in his hands with a frown. “ I told you, you didn’t have to.” You frowned, biting your lower lip.

“But I want to. Plus you need the coffee. I wouldn’t want my driver to feel drowsy on the road.” He joked.

You were slightly hurt by the fact that he wasn’t doing this for you but you ignored that feeling and laughed along. “Okay, then.” With a smile you took the drink from him and sipped it, letting the drink warm up your body.

“Eun Ae-ssi…” Sunggyu muttered, you looked up at him. He did not like the formality as he wanted to get closer but did not know how to.

“Yes?”

“I- never mind.” He shook his head, you were working for them he couldn’t just ask you to drop the formalities randomly. “Oh yeah today we are going to go out to eat to celebrate our winning for Paradise.” He started.

“Okay,” You nodded, “Do you guys want me to drive you there?”

“Yes.” His eyes widened, “I mean yes, but I want- I mean we want you to come with us, too. The managers really like you, too so yeah…” He rambled off. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, waiting for your answer. He was Infinite’s leader for God’s sake! Why was it so hard for him to form proper sentences around you?!

“Really? Are you sure the rest wants me there?” You raised an eyebrow.

“Of course!” Sunggyu answered immediately.

“Fine, then. I’ll come,” You smiled at him.

YES! Sunggyu did a little cheer on the inside. “Good. I’ll head inside now.” He stated before walking away.

 

 

It soon became the night and you took the boys to a small eatery that was close to their dorm. It was an authentic Korean restaurant where they had to sit on the floor across the rectangular table.

The boys a few staff members such as their coordi noonas and their managers were also present.

An ahjumma appeared by the table almost immediately and asked for their order.

“We will have soju, samgyupsal, kalbi, beef, rice and one coke.” Their manager ordered.

“Wait!” You called, “I’ll get coke, too.” You ordered before the ahjumma disappeared.

“Why?” Sungyeol asked. Yeah their maknae still could not drink but you could drink legally in Korea, not in the States yet but in South Korea you were already at the legal drinking age.

“If you forgot, I am your driver. I can’t drink.” You stated, plus you did not want to. You did not understand why people liked getting wasted and drunk so much anyways.

“Oh yeah, true. We need at least one sober person.” He smiled. You nodded back with a smile.

 

Sunggyu was sitting across from you and Sungjong was sitting by your side. Soon the food arrived and everyone dug in, except you. You did not know how to eat this food. Everyone was frying the meat in the middle of the table, making lettuce wraps and eating them. You were Korean yes, but you had been brought up in a pretty Americanized way.

You picked your chopsticks and placed the meat on your rice and  started eating it like that. Sunggyu glanced at you and saw your confused face. He found it cute and grabbed a piece of lettuce before making a nice wrap with side dishes and meat in it. He placed it on your plate.

At the sight of the wrap on your plate you looked up at a smiling Sunggyu. You tilted your head in confusion.

“Well, eat up.” He motioned for you to taste it. Slowly you got the wrap and ate it. You chewed it slowly at first but fastened your pace at the taste. It was yummy for sure! Your eyes widened in happiness.

“Wow, it’s really good. How do you make this?” You asked. Sunggyu got another lettuce and started showing you how to make one step by step. s on the table did not miss this and glanced at each other knowingly. Sunggyu felt the stares on him. Once finished explaining you how to make one, he looked up at s.

“What?” He looked at them innocently. “It’s my job as the leader to help you know.” He explained.

“Yeah, yeah.” They weren’t buying his excuse. Woohyun glanced at his best friend knowingly with a shake of his head. It was obvious that Sunggyu might be having a small crush on you but it seemed like Sunggyu wasn’t even aware of it.

The dinner went on with lots of laughter and drunken stories. It was fun for you to watch their face turn red as they got drunk and lost all sense of their actions. It was really hilarious. The conversation somehow ended up on you and you found the boys staring at you expectantly.

“What?” You asked, confused.

“I asked why did you come here?” Dongwoo questioned. “From  the States? Especially when you were going to such a nice university like Stanford…” He asked, his eyes burning with curiousity.

“How did you know that?” You asked but that wasn’t the point.

“That’s not important. Why did you come here?” Myungsoo added.

“What? You, too?” You gave him a look.  You did not want to go into your personal problems.

“Well, I came here to look for someone important… my brother…” You looked down at you bowl of rice and avoided eye contact. “My parents got a divorce when we were young and I promised to find him on his 18th birthday so I came here. He is the same age as Sungjong so that’s why I tend to treat him like a brother.” You explained slowly.

“Oh wow.” Hoya muttered. They were not expecting this. “I hope you find your brother soon.” He added.

“I hope so, too.” You nodded and smiled up to Hoya. Sunggyu gazed at you with sad eyes. He did not know how to comfort you really.

 

 

After dinner you headed out of the restaurant and helped their manager haul the drunk boys into the van.

“Jang freaking Dongwoo! Why are you so heavy?!” You frowned as you helped him stand up.

“I’m not heavy!” He replied with a slurred speech.

“Whatever.” You rolled your eyes and helped him to the van.

“You know,” He started. “I’m sorry for being an towards you before really. I didn’t know you had such a serious reason. I hope you find your brother.” He stated without looking at you. You looked up at him and softened as your frown disappeared. You did not want anyone’s pity but you could tell that they were genuinely concerned which made your heart swell with happiness.

“I hope so, too.” You muttered before hauling him into the van. Once everyone was seated inside you drove off towards their dorm.

“Can you help us take them up?” The manager with the cast on his arm asked. You glanced at him. He had that cast on for too long. I think he just doesn’t want to drive the boys around.

You shook your head. Not my business. “Sure.” You replied. You looked at Sunggyu who was dozing off. The managers helped some other members and headed towards the elevators.

“Sunggyu-ssi. Let’s go.” You nudged him. He barely opened his eyes and stumbled out of the van. He lost his balance and crushed into you, with his arms resting on your shoulders for support. You stumbled backwards a bit from the impact and turned red at the proximity.

“I’m sorry.” Sunggyu mumbled and pulled away from you but had a difficult time balancing. You grabbed his arms and s it around your shoulders for support.

“It’s okay, let’s go.” You mumbled before walking towards the elevators.

 

 

Once inside the dorm you helped Sunggyu walk towards his room. Once inside he let his body drop on his bed like a sack of potatoes.

“You are not planning on sleeping like this right?” You scolded him with your hands on your waist. “Right? Sunggyu-ssi?” You asked and inched closer to him. Is he asleep already?

You crouched down beside him and poked his shoulder. “Sunggyu-ssi?”

He turned around towards you with a goofy smile, indicating that he was still drunk. “You are not going to sleep like this right? I’ll leave, you should change.” You talked fast, glancing around. You did not like being alone with him because of how your heart reacted towards him. Where the hell is Woohyun when you need him?

Eun Ae-yah,” Sunggyu said your name clearly with much affection. Your eyes widened at the informality and the way your name rolled off his tongue. With the help of his elbows he hoisted up his upper body and inched towards you.

You stayed frozen in your spot as you waited for him to talk. “Y-yes?” You muttered.

He smiled at you once more before leaning towards you. Before you could register what was happening he placed a chaste kiss on your lips before slumping back on the bed. Your hand flew towards your lips in shock. Did he just kiss me?

Woohyun swung the door open and narrowed his eyes to clear his vision. “Oh, Eun Ae! You’re here!” He exclaimed with a smile.

You looked up at him with frightened eyes.

“What’s wrong?” He questioned glancing between you and Sunggyu.

“N-nothing.” You shot up, standing straight. “He fell asleep so help him change out of his clothes okay?” You told Woohyun before getting out of the room.

“See you guys tomorrow!” You said and hurried out of the dorm, closing the door behind you. You placed a hand over your beating heart. What was that?

 

---

 

A/N: Sorry about the late update! I was trying to finish up my Dongwoo story and I finally did! Today! Yay!~ So expect more regular updates on this story :) :) Thank you for all the comments btw :)