Givin’ Me The Heebie Jeebies!

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

The next day at a park, Minseok met up with Luhan and Kyungsoo. “Hey, so what’s the plan?” Luhan asked them looking around making sure no one was listening. “We should go look for the cave.” Kyungsoo grinned. “Why? Our years aren’t even up yet. Plus there hasn’t been a blood moon for more than 300 years.” Minseok informed him. Kyungsoo was about to speak until Kris came up from behind with a friend. “Hey guys, what are you doing here?” “Just talking.” Luhan answered him without looking up. Minseok tried to signal Kris to leave but the tall man wasn’t comprehending. “You guys wanna play some ball? It would be nice to have an actual game.” Kris suggested. “No thanks, we’re fine.” Kyungsoo replied. “Ok then, suit yourself.” Kris walked off with his friend to a court across from them. “I don’t think we should look for it in daylight, we should go at night.” Kyungsoo lowered his voice again for them. “I have to work overtime so I can’t go.” Luhan told them seriously. “It’s okay man, we understand.” Minseok answered as he nudged Kyungsoo. “So what’s the reason?” “Huh? Oh yeah, my reason is the cave will no longer be there in a few years, and I think now is a good time to retrieve it. That way, it will always be with us and protected by us.” The trio agreed on a time and went to go prepare for later.

 

Returning to the diner, Minseok meets up with Junmyeon and suggests they should hang out for a while. Junmyeon agreed to his request and took off his black apron following him outside. “So where are we going?” he asked Minseok curiously. “Anywhere.” “Anywhere? What do you mean?” Minseok looked at his friend with a smile. “I just wanna walk around the town, is that fine with you?” Junmyeon nodded. He didn’t mind where they went or what they did together, Junmyeon just liked to hang out with his best friend. Wandering around their town, Junmyeon and Minseok stopped by pubs or small stores and talked about their day as they got ice cream. Coming out of the small shop, Junmyeon handed Minseok an ice cream cone. “I got you a strawberry, is that okay?” Minseok took the cone from him and began to eat. “Okay, I guess that’s a yes.” A few minutes go by as the duo catch up with each other until Junmyeon checks his watch to see the time. “Golly! I’m gonna be late!” He stood up and waved goodbye to Minseok running back to the diner. “See you later!” He yelled out to him. Minseok ate his ice cream silently waving.

 

~Few Hours Later~

 

Back at the park, Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Minseok greeted each other checking the supplies as they their flashlights. “Where’s Luhan?” Jongin asked his friends. “He couldn’t make it.” Jongin nodded understanding. “So do you know where the cave is located?” Minseok yawned as he stretched his arms. Kyungsoo laughed evilly in a playful way pulling out a big book from his backpack. “Don’t over do it man.” Jongin looked at him weirdly. “Fine. Anyways, I found this old book in the back of the library. It was in the section with the towns documents and other important history papers. By the way, Junmyeon told me to tell you ‘Hi’ Minseok.” Minseok laughed knowing Junmyeon would do that. “The book said the woods were on the northern side of the town, not far from the library.” Kyungsoo pursed his lips. “I’m guessing it’s now by the cemetery down a few blocks?” “Of course, it had to be by the cemetery..” Jongin added. It wasn’t that he was afraid of the cemetery or anything, it just creeped him out a bit.

 

Arriving at the cemetery, Kyungsoo hops the gate as the others follow suit. “We have to be quiet or else the security guard will hear us.” The boys nod walking carefully past all the graves. Passing many rows of tomb stones, Minseok reads the names on them noticing some old friends. “Time sure does fly..” He sighs thinking on all the memories but goes back to focus on their search.  

 

Humming a soft tune, Junmyeon carries one book in his arm as he walks home from the library. “Ah, what a beautiful evening… or it would be if there wasn’t a cemetery here, it would make my walk home less creepy.” He shuddered, “Man this place is givin’ me the heebie jeebies!” Junmyeon avoided making eye contact with the dark spooky area until he heard a voice coming from the grave yard. “Jeepers! I hope that’s not the dead talkin’ to me.” Before Junmyeon could speed up his steps he heard the voices again, but this time they were familiar. “Is that… no, it couldn’t be… Minseok!?” Junmyeon was curious, steadily walking up to the front of the cemetery gate, he peeked in seeing three boys with flashlights disappearing deeper into the place. Looking up at the gate, Junmyeon climbed over and followed them.

 

A loud snap was heard close to Jongin making him jump as his heart rate increased. Picking up his foot he saw a small broken branch underneath his shoe. “Shhhhhh!” Minseok squinted angrily shushing him. “Sorry.” Jongin whispered. Kyungsoo turned back at them to give a quick glare as he hid behind a grave stone eyeing the security guard. Kyungsoo saw the older man walking across the street into a small liquor store whistling. Kyungsoo quickly called out “You guys! Here’s our chance!” Sprinting toward the end of the fence, he swiftly climbed over landing clumsily into the small woods. “Kyungsoo!” Jongin hissed, “It says restricted! Who knows what’s in those woods nowadays!” “Cut the gas unless you wanna bite the dust!” Kyungsoo told him through the fence. Minseok laughed at his friends antics and climbed over.

 

“Wow, this place hasn’t changed one bit.” Minseok looked up at all the trees. “Why would it change? It’s just a bunch of plants.” Jongin jogged by Minseok catching up to Kyungsoo. Walking past the bushes and trees with low hanging branches, Jongin looked around carefully. He could hear all types of noises as he became more and more anxious as time went by. “Just breathe Jongin, just… breathe.” He told himself quietly as the flashlight flickered slowly starting to fade. “Aw man, come on, don’t do this! Not now!” Jongin hit the side of his flashlight as it went out completely. “Dammit.” He cursed under his breath. “I found the creek you guys!” Kyungsoo called out. “Nice!” Minseok stepped past him impressed. Jongin was glad they were closer to the cave but, he was still uncomfortable without a light. “My flashlight went out so I’m just gonna stick close to you for now Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo nodded “Okay.”

 

Cautiously walking around graves, Junmyeon mouths 'Sorry’ over and over again for stepping on the deceased. He didn’t like it one bit. “Jeez, how big is this cemetery!?” Junmyeon complains then spots the security guard lowering himself to the floor. “Darn it!” He hits the ground lightly with his fist. “Oops, sorry! I’m sorry!” He pats a patch of grass and wipes off the sweat on his forehead. Reaching the end of the gate, Junmyeon climbs over landing harshly. “Ow! Owwww that hurt!” He rubs his suddenly hearing Minseok’s voice again. “Ha! I knew it was Minseok!” Junmyeon snaps his fingers and heads deeper into the woods following the voices and lights.

 

Inside a bush, Junmyeon peeks out from behind its leaves seeing Jongin jumping from one rock to another across a creek. “If only I had a flashlight it would be easier to see.” Junmyeon muttered. Inching closer, he tried to see better in the ebbing moonlight. He frowned when a branch cracked under the weight of his hand and had Kyungsoo looking around suspiciously for the cause of the noise. “Cool it, man. You’re gonna get yourself caught.” He whispered to himself. “Wait…” He reached down into his back pocket for his lighter, “I can use my lighter for a bit more light…” Junmyeon struggled to take out the silver lighter inside the bush. “Man! It’s probably caught on my pants.” He pulled harder on the small device, with one hard tug and a click the lighter was free. He sighed quietly in happiness, “Now, we can- What’s that smell?” Sniffing around him Junmyeon could smell something. Something like… smoke? Glancing to the trio of boys, he noticed they were currently cutting down branches and vines that laid over an area of huge boulders, then ducked inside what looked like an entrance to a cave. The smell obviously wasn’t coming from there. Junmyeon’s eyes widened in shock when a burst of pain overcame his backside. “What?!”

 

Minseok observed the cave and pulled out his lighter to light the candles on the alter. “Looks like everything is still in place.” “That’s a relief.” Jongin sighed leaning against the stone wall. Kyungsoo grabbed the cup of water and gazed at it. “I’m glad no one has discovered this or decided to explore what’s in here. Can you imagine if someone found this cup?” Kyungsoo looked back at his friends. “I know, we wouldn’t be able to stay immortal. More than likely we’d probably drop down and die, all the while some other nameless people live forever.” Jongin replied. “You say that like it’s a bad thing.” Minseok joked trying to lighten the mood. “Well, it is isn’t it?” Jongin’s expression was unpleasant. “Not everyone should become immortal Minseok.”

 

“I can’t believe this!” Junmyeon frantically tried to put out the flames consuming the bush he had been hiding in. Using his jacket he tried to stop the fire, only to make it worse. The flames grew with the oxygen he was pumping it’s way. Deciding to smother it he threw his favorite jacket onto the bush only to snatch it back when the flames began to at that too. Junmyeon watched helplessly as the bush burned shrugging into the jacket absentmindedly. “Dang…OH DAMMIT!” Junmyeon’s jacket sleeve caught fire.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!” Three heads turned as a figure sprinted into their cave with its arm on fire. Junmyeon saw one of the boys holding a cup and snatched it away from him pouring it on his arm. “What’s going on here!?” Minseok shouted. Calming down from the incident, Junmyeon was out of breath and drank the last bit of water from the cup still panting. Jongin and Kyungsoo widen their eyes as Minseok gasped grabbing back the cup from Junmyeon. “What did you just do!?” Minseok hollered at his friend stuffing the cup in his bag. “Sorry, I was thirsty. But.. I feel better now… kind of.” Junmyeon responded catching his breath still. “What do you mean kind of?” Jongin asked him. “I feel.. I feel like… I’m in pain… I feel burning in my chest!” Junmyeon started to panic again then falling to the ground lifeless. “Dang it, not again!” Kyungsoo grumbled.

 

Slowly opening his eyes, Junmyeon looks up at a blurry Minseok transitioning into a clearer image. “Where am I?” He groaned. “You’re outside.” Minseok told him helping him sit up carefully. Junmyeon saw firefighters putting out a fire that spread from the bush to a few trees. “Oh my goodness, I caused all of this! It’s all my fault! I-I.. I…” He began to breathe heavily again as two firefighters walked over and put him on a stretcher giving him an oxygen mask. “Just take a deep breath son, you’ll be fine.” One firefighter reassured him. Putting him in the back of an ambulance another firefighter turned to his colleague. “Is he okay? Does this young man have asthma?” “No, he’s fine. He’s just being a bit over dramatic, you know.” “A bit?” The colleague looks over at Junmyeon and sees him freaking out as an EMT tries to calm him down.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey everyone! How's your friday so far? And omg! I guess things decided to go from 0 to 100 here lol But I didn't think the story would speed up that fast!! (tbh this isn't really speeding up but its the start! haha)

What do you guys think of Junmyeon so far? Do you think he's mortal or immortal? I mean, he only drank a gulp. Or how about Kyungsoo? Or even Jongin? I want to hear your thoughts on the characters ^^ 

Anyways, I hope this made you laugh or wonder what will happen next :D 

Every Friday I will be posting up new parts for the 2nd chapter!!! 

Lastly! Please comment! Tell me what you think of this fic!!! Also, ignore any mistakes I will fix them! :D Enjoy reading~