Bobolyne or Fustilarian?

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

From then on Kyungsoo couldn’t stay away from Aara. Whenever he saw her in the market or village, he would sneak away from his mother and guards just to talk to her. Sometimes even a simple glimpse of Aara would brighten his day. It was definitely better than dealing with the horrible arranged marriage. And even though he hasn’t hung out with his freinds as much, they still supported him. It was strange that his mom would always discuss the plans for his future marriage yet, he hasn’t met his soon to be wife at all. Either way, he was set on getting to know Aara more than his non-existent wife. Further into the garden, Kyungsoo was thankful that the wall of bushes were very high. Similar to a maze, except filled with flowers and trees as he made turn after turn looking for an escape. Reaching the center of the garden he admires the water fountain as the center piece mimics a waterfall. The small curves of the water shoot outwards to make it seem more elegant. Kyungsoo wipes his cheeks as the wind creates a mist due to all the water hitting against rocks and itself. Out of the corner of his eye he notices the gate on the far left was wide open. He giggles mischievously to himself knowing he has a chance to escape and runs out.

 

Observing the market as he passes by each fruit or vegetable stand, Kyungsoo spots the small shop shaded by trees and walks in. A bell jingles as the door is pushed and a man walks up to greet him. “Good day your royal highness, may I help you with anything?” “Yes, I was wondering if you could shorten the ends of my breeches?” He shows him lifting up his leg slightly. The man adjusts his glasses and examines them. “This I can do for you, your royal highness.” He replies walking off to the back of the room bringing a stool and chair. “Your royal highness, if you may?” The tailor gestured him to stand on the stool.

 

Once the older man finished tailoring his pants, he asked his daughter to handle the rest. Kyungsoo watches Aara walk in telling him the price. He hands her the money casually until he noticed his hand touched hers slightly. He pulled away shyly with a small smile diverting his attention somewhere else. Kyungsoo clears his throat “Aara, you look, more lovely than ever today.” “Thank you your-” She stops to correct herself “.. I mean, Kyungsoo.” He smiles again hearing her say his name. “By any chance, are you able to spend time with me?” He slowly walks backwards towards the door. “Yes.” She simply answers. Taking off her apron, she tosses it on the coat rack and follows him out. 

 

Throughout the day they read books in the library, took a stroll near the woods, and wandered around the market. Back at the market, people recognized Kyungsoo very easily compared to her. Some wondered why he was with a girl and whispered to each other if she could possibly be the soon to be wife or a lover. Hearing their harsh whispers, Aara was a bit irritated by the villagers that were making speculations about her so carelessly. Why would they say such things? Did they not know that she was the tailor's daughter? Even though she moved on from the topic, it was still in the back of her mind annoying her.

 

As night falls, Kyungsoo walks with her in his garden as he watches out for guards that are close by. “Thank you for today Kyungsoo, it was very enjoyable.” Aara sat down on the fountain patting the empty space next to her. Sitting down with her, Kyungsoo takes her hand suddenly catching her off guard. “Aara, I know we have not spent time with one another for a long time but, I hope we can continue to.” Aara looked down at her hand intertwined with his and felt her heart beat faster. “I would love that Kyungsoo.” She softly answered almost in a shy tone. “Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo! Is that you?” Kyungsoo's mother’s voice was heard close by as it grew louder. Shocked by his mother’s appearance he stood up with Aara in panic. “Walk down this path and you will find the gate. It is still open so hurry home before she spots you.” Kyungsoo quickly kisses her on the cheek and watches her disappear behind the tall walls made of bushes. Sighing in relief, he walks towards the sound of his mother’s voice still calling out to him.

 

“Where have you been Kyungsoo? You do realize there is a small gathering with royal families.” His mother holds his shoulders as she scans his body for anything out of place. “I am aware of that mother. That is why I went to have my breeches tailored.” He explained calmly. With a tiny huff she fixed her dress and grabbed his hand. “Come now, they are expecting you.” Stopping at the door, Kyungsoo’s mother clears . “Remember to smile proudly and... I should remind you, your wife is also here.” Kyungsoo widens his eyes “My what?” He was suddenly pushed into the huge hall by his mother as everyone laid their eyes on him happily bowing. 

 

Kyungsoo has greeted half of the room so far and he barely knew anyone there. “Small gathering? How is this small?” He complains to himself. “This is quite small compared to the gathering I once attended.” A girl commented beside him. Looking next to himself he sees the girl bow to him and smile politely. Kyungsoo was about to ask for her name until the king walked up from behind her. The king rests his hand on her shoulder and smiles. “Ah, Kyungsoo my boy, I see you have met my daughter.” Kyungsoo glances at the girl then looks back at the king trying not to glare at him. “Or should I say, your wife.” “Father, please.” She whispers in embarrassment. “Please, call me you-” “Kyungsoo.” His mother barges into the conversation and bows to the king. “Sire, your highness.” She bows once more to the young girl. “I am pleased to see you here your majesty.” His mother continued in a kind tone. “And Kyungsoo, now that you have met-” “My name is Rose ma’am.” Rose informs her. “Her given name is Ambrosia, but prefers Rose for some odd reason.” The king added. “Well, now that you have met Rose, I think it is best for you two to get to know each other more.” Kyungsoo’s mother shooed them off as she talked more with the king.

 

Outside the two of them walked quietly side by side as others admired the “soon to be couple” along with bows. It was very uncomfortable for Kyungsoo since he has no intentions of marrying Rose. The questions she would ask him would always be answered short and simple compared to her answers. Rose knew he wasn’t that ready to be married so she understood completely. And somehow she “knew” Kyungsoo will warm up to her very soon. Walking more closer to Kyungsoo, Rose suddenly stepped in front of him. “Your royal highness, or should I call you.. Kyungsoo?” Rose asked. “Your royal highness will do fine.” Rose lowered her head then looked back up at him. “May I ask you something? It is about our marriage.” Kyungsoo couldn’t take it anymore. He didn’t want to marry her at all. Not in this life or the next. But he couldn’t tell her so bluntly. Resting his hands on her shoulder he looked away and sighed. “Rose, I know our parents want us to get married.. but, you see... I think it is best if w-” “Excuse me, I apologize to step in but, your highness, you are needed back inside the hall.” The young man intruded on their conversation. Kyungsoo took his hands off Rose moving away. “We will continue this conversation later.” Rose told Kyungsoo walking away. Once she was out of sight, the young man suddenly bowed and held out his hand with a smile. 

 

“The name is Henri your royal highness.” Kyungsoo politely bowed back only. Pulling his hand back awkwardly, Henri cleared his throat then said “I am assuming you have met Rose before your royal highness.” Henri took a step closer to Kyungsoo and smirked. “Try not to get your hopes up, because Rose is mine, and you will not have her.” Henri warned him in a low tone. Kyungsoo laughed at his words. “Oh- no, Henri listen, I do-” “I am not finished your royal highness. And it is not very mannerly of you to interrupt, especially someone who comes from royalty. You should know better.” Kyungsoo’s expression instantly went dark. He clenched his jaw holding back his harsh interjections. Henri chuckled at Kyungsoo’s expression knowing he pissed him off. “I suggest you call off the wedding, or you will regret it ..” Henri warned him and walked off with his nose in the air. 

 

Even though Henri was now strongly unfavored by Kyungsoo, he was still insignificant to him. Kyungsoo scoffed. “If he wants Rose, he can have her.” He shook his head returning to the hall however, he suddenly heard whispering by the gate. “Psst! Kyungsoo! Pssst!!” Someone whispered harshly. Following the loud whispers, Kyungsoo noticed movement in the bushes on the other side of the gate and crouched down. “Minseok.. is that you?” Kyungsoo sees his friend pop his head out of the bush followed by Jongin and Sehun. “Look at you! It has been a long time since I have seen you.” “I could say the same thing. Now, why are you here?” Kyungsoo asked his friends. “I see, so who was that bobolyne?” Minseok threw a question back at Kyungsoo. “He was no fool, he is more of a fustilarian if you ask me.” Jongin and Sehun nodded. “Either way, keep your distance from that guy. I know he is up to no good.” Jongin told him shaking his head in disgust as he thought about the young man. “Trust me, I will. Henri is not worth my time.” “Yet you say his name instead of saying that man or... thing.” Sehun responded. “Well he told me his- wait a minute! Why are you even here? You know I am in a middle of a gathering.” He told them trying not to get off topic. “Well excuse me your royal highness, but we just wanted to say hello. Because I do not recall spending time with a friend named Kyungsoo.” Minseok gave him a tone. “And it seems like your avoiding us now.” Jongin commented. Kyungsoo rubbed his temples. “It is not my doing. My mother is the one keeping me away from you all. You know I have no control over this.”

 

Minseok furrows his eyebrows then lets out a sigh calming himself down. “Kyungsoo, I understand you have to deal with an arranged marriage but you can not find time to be with us? And somehow, you can run around with that girl you are seeing behind your wife’s, mother’s, and our majesty’s back?” Kyungsoo was shocked at what Minseok told him. “I was going to tell you about her! How did you find out?” Kyungsoo exclaimed. “Jongin saw you two in town holding hands.” Sehun revealed. “A few people have seen you two and think she is your wife, or worse.. a lover.” Jongin added. Kyungsoo wanted to explain everything but he once again heard his name being called out. “Not again! Look, I will tell you everything you need to know later on. I will talk to you soon!” Kyungsoo stood up and darted back into the hall leaving his friends in silence. “Do you think we will see him soon?” Sehun asked his friends in a worried tone. Jongin and Minseok stood up as they began to head home. “Not a chance.” Minseok answered in disappointment. Jongin patted Sehun’s back with a small smile. “ Do not listen to him Sehun. I think we will..”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

([Quick Note] Bobolyne means fool and Fustilarian means someone who stubbornly wastes time on worthless things)

Decided to update a day early because tomorrow I won't be able to use the computer : / so..  it's an early present!! haha ^_^ /

Wow wow wow O__O !! So how do you like it so far??? I know it's only two parts in but.. im curious ^^ The second part is very... interesting hehe. And like I said:

Every Two Weeks On a Friday I will be posting up new parts of the 1st chapter!!! 

Plus I finally introduced new (OC)haracters! :D & I also realized I enjoy making the bad guys lol it's very fun. 

In all, Thank you for reading! (Also, if there are any mistakes please forgive me >< there isn't a title for each chapter so for right now I'm just leaving it as it is. And obviously some things might not be legit and I know my middle english isn't that good. [Since it’s suppose to be in the 1600′s ... but... it was a bit hard ._. *sigh*]) Anyways....  I'm glad you are reading (and I hope enjoying) this fic! Let me know your thoughts on it! Okay? Byeeeeeee XD