❀The Fountain of Youth❀

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

"Pack your bags.” Minseok ordered him. “What, now?! And I already did.” Minseok grabbed the duffle bag he gave him years ago putting in more of his belongings. “We can’t stay here anymore.” Junmyeon furrowed his eyebrows and slowly started to pack. “Why can’t I just tell them?” Minseok stopped what he was doing and sighed heavily. “I know this may be unfair to your family but what good will come from telling them you live forever? I can’t change them, I have no authority over that. You probably think i’m a horrible person right now but this is all we can do.” Minseok took a long pause. “I’ve already went through this a hundred years back, feeling sorry towards my friends and family. But in the end, it’s for the best.” “I don’t think I can do that Minseok.” Junmyeon packed a portrait picture of his family. “They’ll think i’m a horrible son.” Minseok turned to look at him. “And if you stay what will you do about the aging problem when you turn 30? Then 40? People are already noticing and spreading rumors not only about you but me as well.” Junmyeon held in his tears biting his lip harshly. “Don’t worry, they will never hate you. Besides, I have a plan.” “What is it?” Junmyeon looked up at Minseok handing him two bags as he carried another. “You’ll see in a few years.” Minseok walked over to the mirror and examined his face. “What are you doing?” “Looking to see if the make up is still in place. I figured out how to trick people that I am aging. Well, not anymore.” Junmyeon observed his skin. “Ohhhh like a mask?” “Right!”

 

Walking back down the stairs, Minseok looked at Junmyeon then at his parents. “It was nice meeting you both, I’m actually moving today. I know it’s sudden news but I just want to say thank you, for everything, and please take good care of yourselves.” Minseok smiled and bowed to them. “Minseok, this is very shocking news but thank you. And take care of yourself as well.” Minseok nodded and walked out to the car. Junmyeon put down his bags and hugged his mom. “I’m leaving as well. I just got a call from my boss upstairs so I need to leave as soon as I can.” Junmyeon’s mom was taken aback. “A-Already?” She stood up with a frown. “I’m going to miss you very much.” He pulled her into a hug. Holding back her tears she rubbed her son’s back “Me too sweety, me too.” Junmyeon smiled and then bowed to his mom. “I’m going to miss you as well dad. And don’t worry, I will be just fine.” His dad nodded with a heavy sigh. Junmyeon hugged his father then bowed. “Oh! Before I forget what did you see by the creek?” His mother asked kindly. “Oh, I uh, I… saw a… c-cat! Yeah! My friend was looking for their cat!” His parents nodded confusedly but accepted his answer. Junmyeon opened the door and waved “I love you guys.” He said lovingly. Getting into the car, Minseok and Junmyeon waved at them one more time before driving away. “I hope you’re right about this.” Junmyeon said seriously turning away with tears welling up. “Trust me, you’re in good hands.” Minseok glanced over at his friend with confidence.

 

A day later Minseok and Junmyeon arrive in a small town where not many people lived. “They said they’ll be here in a few minutes.” Minseok informed him as he stepped out of the car. Junmyeon felt his hands starting to sweat from nervousness. “Just reminding you, don’t go dramatic with the story, got it?” Junmyeon nodded. “You have a story… right?” Before he could answer him, two cars pulled up next to theirs. “Oh! They’re here!” Minseok waved excitedly. “Look who it is! Minseok!” Luhan announced to the boys jumping out of the car first. Giving him a quick high five, he glanced over at Junmyeon nonchalantly. “Why did you want us here Minseok?” Baekhyun asked as he on a red lollipop. “I think it’s something important, right?” Kyungsoo stood in front of him. “Woah! Long time no see man!” Zitao laughed at him. “Hey Minseok!” Jongin added. Sehun and Kris stood silently looking at Junmyeon curiously. “I asked you all to meet me here because it’s some serious news. I don’t want to go into detail since he can tell you himself but… I found another immortal!” They silently judged Junmyeon with no expression, except for Kyungsoo gulping and Jongin looking away nervously. “Go ahead, introduce yourself.” Minseok pushed him forward.

 

Clearing his throat, he smiled awkwardly. “Hello, I am Junmyeon.. and I am also immortal. Um, I actually lived in another country and back there we had a myth called 'The Fountain of Youth’.” He swallowed his saliva. “You see, uh, my friends who were trouble makers.. were curious about it. And so I tagged along being a huge skeptical. We actually didn’t find it but, all I remember was something following us in the forest and I was knocked unconscious. That’s when I saw a little cottage across my way and entered in. There was an old lady that greeted me very nicely and gave me a bottle filled with glowing gold liquid, I was also really thirsty so I drank it. It turned out to be a potion that could make humans or animals immortal!” Junmyeon gave them a goofy smile. Minseok face palmed groaning quietly. “Are you serious right now?” Baekhyun looked at him with disapproval. Junmyeon laughed, “Golly ha ha i’m just pulling your leg ha ha!” He grinned awkwardly standing there for a while but continued.

 

“What really happened was when I woke up, I noticed my friends were gone. I searched for them and stopped by this waterfall that had a small cave. I saw a clear shinning stream and drank from it. When it got dark, I was walking above the same waterfall and that’s when I slipped and fell seeing a lot of blood. As I was laying there I knew I was going to die, so I waited and felt no pain thinking I finally passed but, I was still breathing and felt my body moving. I sat up and saw my wound was healed.” “So there’s another cave out there!?” Luhan asked excitedly. “I guess so?” Junmyeon replied confusedly. “But how did you two meet?” Kris questioned him. “I saw him around town and after a few years he never really aged, just like me. That’s when I became his friend and got to know each other and find out our secrets.” “I see..” Kyungsoo said as he stared up and down at him. “So, can he tag along with us from now on? He doesn’t have a home anymore since the town noticed he hasn’t aged one bit. And I don’t have one either due to the same reason.” Minseok prayed silently waiting for a response. Luhan came up to him and smiled “I think he’s good. What about you guys?” Jongin nodded in agreement along with Kyungsoo and Zitao. “How about you Kris?” Zitao tilted his head at his friend. “He’s okay.” Kris shook his hand greeting each other properly. Sehun welcomed him but was still unsure while Baekhyun didn’t like the idea at all. Minseok got back in the car with Junmyeon following his friends to a new destination. “See, I told you they would except you, and Baekhyun will warm up to you soon, don’t sweat it.” Junmyeon smiled widely and rolled down the window feeling much better. “I hope so.”

 

Junmyeon was already missing his family and friends. However, he knew this was the only thing he could do for them and himself. Junmyeon was also thankful for having a good friend take care of this insane matter. He wouldn’t know what to do if he was on his own.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

YAY!!!!! It's completed!!! /celebrates/ I know, I know I messed up on publishing again but hey! You get 2 new parts in one day!!!

But let's do a short recap, yeah? So here we have Junmyeon in the 50's, best friends with Minseok and soon gets involved with immortality. He then notices how everyone around him start to wonder why he hasn't been aging for so long. Making up rumors and all that. In the end he and Minseok must leave for good in order to protect themselves from soon to be witch hunted... literally. Minseok suggests that Junmyeon should join their small group since it's best for everyone to stick together even if some are displeased while others don't mind. And with that, their journey goes on.

Now I know many won't answer me but I will continue this! The next series has been completed for a long time just like this one and the very first Chapter!

The next chapter is also heavily focused on one of the members. And with this new chapter, I think it's my favorite one out of all the chapters i've written. Maybe. So go ahead and try guessing which member it is! The only hint is: hella chill. lol I think I gave too much away -_-

To end this chapter, I would like to say thank you for reading! Thank you for being patient with me, and I know I don't write a ton on aff but thank you for reading my stories you guys ^^ I don't know how else to express myself.. just, thank you!! 

On July 1st, get ready to enter a new era!!!  /happily waves goodbye/ ^_^/