Chapter Two:Times Change

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

~1958~

 

“I need 2 special orders and 2 milkshakes!” A waitress called out to the cooks. “You got it!” A man shouted happily. “Hey! Did you hear the order?” He tapped his workmate on the shoulder. “Hey! Hello!? Junmyeon!” Coming out of his thoughts Junmyeon flinched. “Huh? What? I’m sorry.” Junmyeon apologized. “Pay attention man! We need 2 specials, you got that?” Junmyeon sort of knew how to make specials but he was still good at it compared to others. “Yes, sir.” He answered back. It’s been almost 5 months working at the diner and Junmyeon still wasn’t use to the new job. He previously worked at a pub down a few blocks, so he was skilled in making drinks more than food. Even though he enjoyed working at the pub he preferred this job over it. Let’s just say it had a more appropriate atmosphere. Finishing the final touches on the order, he handed it to the waitress with a smile. “Here you go.” She thanked him quickly and went out to the booths. Flipping more patties on the stove, Junmyeon wiped the sweat of his nose and yawned. “I’ve never been this tired before.” He told himself watching the raw meat cook. “Get used to it.” A workmate answered him walking by with dirty plates and glasses. “Junmyeon, it’s your turn to make the shakes.” The chef informed him. ‘Thank goodness!’ He cheered in his thoughts. Making milkshakes was his favorite thing about working there, he enjoyed it very much.

 

As the day passes by, Junmyeon was now on dish duty. Cleaning a small batch of dishes Junmyeon was excited knowing he’ll get to be on break soon. Focusing on washing the dishes, he was finally on his last plate until a coworker walked over and put in more dishes and utensils. Junmyeon froze staring at all the dirty platters. He sighed deeply and continued to clean. “I wonder, if I was at the pub.. what would I be doing?” Junmyeon asked himself quietly. “Probably making drinks as I chat with customers or friends..” He put the plates and glasses away neatly. Tidying up his work space he went to the restroom to splash water on his face, hoping it’ll wake him up. Junmyeon stayed there for a few seconds then walked back out to take some orders.

 

Noticing a friend from school Junmyeon walked over surprised. “Hey, how are you it’s been a while.” The girl looked up from her menu and grinned brightly. “Oh, Junmyeon! You work here now?” He nodded with a smile. “So what can I get you ladies?” “It’s okay, a waitress already took our orders, but thank you for asking.” She replied nicely. “Okay then, well, it was nice seeing you and your friends.” Junmyeon turned to walk away until the female told him to wait. “Yeah?" She hesitated for a second but gathered the courage to ask "Junmyeon, what are you going to do later? Me and my friends want to know if you wanna go hang out. And you can bring some guy friends along with you.” She waited patiently hoping he would say yes. Junmyeon smiled but shook his head “Sorry, me and my friend Minseok have plans to hang out already. Maybe another day?” The girl’s smile wanted to disappear but decided to keep it together. “Sure Junmyeon, that’s fine.” He knew she liked him ever since sophomore year, but he didn’t feel the same way about her. Junmyeon went back to the kitchen and began to think about the pub again. “I wonder if Minseok still goes there..”

 

“Nice .” Kris complimented Jongin. “Do I hear a hint of sarcasm or did you really mean it?” Jongin leaned on his cue stick humored by his friend. Kris scoffed. “Shut up and focus on the game.” Jongin glared cracking his knuckles as he proceeded to aim his cue stick again. “Whatever, let’s just end this last round of pool table.” “Someone is impatient to lose..” Kris muttered looking away.

 

Coming out of the restrooms, Minseok walked over to the tall boys and watched them play for another few minutes. “So, who won this time?” Minseok asked them curiously. Jongin made an unsatisfied expression and looked away from them. “Who do you think?” Kris shrugs with a smile “No one can beat me Minseok.” He proudly announces putting away the equipment. Minseok shakes his head at the two then silently listens to the saxophone blend with the trumpet and acoustic bass followed by a piano softly playing, filling the pub’s air. “Wouldn’t it be nice to be in a band? That would be fun.” Minseok turns to look at his friends smacking the palm of his hands on the pool table. “Let’s form a band!” Jongin and Kris glanced at each other. “No.” They both stated in unison. “Jeez, you guys are no fun.” Minseok crossed his arms over his chest. “You want us to get caught within twenty years down the road?” Kris sternly whispered to him in a raspy tone. “Yeah yeah yeah..” Minseok boringly responded waving him off walking out of the pub.

 

Passing by a mini arcade he watches kids put in coins to play shooting games or racing games as others collect tickets and won prizes. Looking closer he notices Sehun with two other teens converse while staring at girls that look uninterested with the place. Minseok continues to walk up the street heading into a diner. Sitting down at a booth he watches the waitress come over with a small pad of paper and pen. “Good evening, what would you like to order?” Minseok smiles “Strawberry milkshake, please.” “Got it.” She nods writing it down and walking away. Tapping his index finger on the table observing his surroundings, he saw teenagers discussing the new trends, families of 4 and 5 leaving to return home, men and women driving or walking home from a long day of work. Picking up a newspaper on the rack nearby, he reads about how hairspray has been rising in price, while the media is starting a “newer” and “improved” style.

 

Setting down the paper he jumped suddenly, seeing a young man sitting in front of him. “Dammit!! Junmyeon you scared me!!” Minseok tries to punch his shoulder but misses, pulling his punch back at the last moment. “Sorry Minseok, I didn’t mean to scare ya.” Junmyeon turns to wave hello to his co-worker and signals that he’s on break. “Shouldn’t you be working?” Minseok asks him as he re-folds the newspaper and places it back on its rack. “Nope. I’m on break. But here’s your milkshake, I told her I’d bring it to you.” Junmyeon slid the frosty glass across the table. Minseok thanked him and took a sip from his shake. “Man, if only this could last forever.” He jokes taking another sip. “What do you mean by that?” Minseok sputters, widening his eyes for a second and faking a laugh. “Oh, it’s nothing.” Junmyeon gives him a weird look, but shrugs it off. “So what should we do tonight? Drive in movie with some girls? Jazz club? A game of basketball? Or how about w-” “Not tonight Junmyeon, I’m kind of drained. But we should hang tomorrow in the afternoon, yeah?” Junmyeon nodded. “Sure, tomorrow sounds swell.” Minseok stands up and pats his back. “Thanks for the drink man.” Turning to see Minseok walk out, he shouts “Fine! I’ll pay this time, but you owe me!”

 

Junmyeon sighs as he watches his friend leave the restaurant. Feeling bored, he silently sits there taking a sip from the milkshake Minseok ordered watching the day go by. After his break Junmyeon heads back into the kitchen and cooks food. One of his co-workers noticed how quiet he was and nudges him with his elbow. “Hey, are you okay Junmyeon? You seem a bit down.” Junmyeon slowly flips the raw patty and looks up at him. “Hm? Oh, I’m fine. Just a little tired out, that’s all.” “Alright.” His coworker walks off with an order to serve. Junmyeon wasn’t really that tired, he actually felt a bit down since Minseok isn’t hanging out with him as much. Ever since Minseok’s close friends came to town to visit, he wondered if he was being pushed aside. It didn’t bother him that much, however, he was still hurt by it. “Junmyeon, could you do me a favor?” Another teammate of his came up to him. “Sure.” He replied with a fake smile. “Can you lock up the diner tonight? I need to take care of something that’s very important. So can you do this for me?” Junmyeon tried not to drop his smile, he nodded putting out his hand. “Thanks man!”

 

Turning off all the lights Junmyeon steps out of the diner and locks the door. Heading to his car he looks down the empty road and sits on the hood of his car for a while. He stares at the dark sky with only a few stars in sight. He closes his eyes going deep into his thoughts. He wonders about all the events that took place. He suddenly remembered hearing Minseok talk about how he wished the milkshake could last forever. Junmyeon laughed to himself. If he could wish for anything that could last forever, it would be him and his friends. Or maybe his favorite foods. Opening his eyes he gets off his car and drives home.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello everyone!!! So.. i'm finally putting out the second chapter to this story! ^^ 

Now it's very different compared to the first chapter.. like you can really tell lol And the main character for this chapter is our very own Suho!!! (or just Junmyeon hehe)

(Also! This was the very first completed fic I wrote for this series haha so it's really old compared to the others ^_^/ )

Every Friday I will be posting up new parts for the 2nd chapter!!! 

Lastly! Please comment! Tell me what you think of this fic!!! Also, ignore any mistakes I will fix them! :D Enjoy reading~