A New Era, A New Me

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

~The Next Day~

 

Sitting on his couch, Luhan kept trying to calm down his nerves. His heart was pounding out of beat. “You can do it Luhan.. you got this.” He told himself with some confidence. He sat there wondering if he should call now or later. Luhan wasn’t the type of person to procrastinate, but this was something no other person can relate to. How will he tell his long life friends that he tried to bring back another friend of his to life but didn’t succeed? What was he going to do with his body? But most importantly, how is he going to tell his family what happened to Yixing? Various thoughts of outcomes overcrowded his mind, he didn’t know what to do. Luhan inhaled then exhaled deeply slowly reaching for his telephone shakily. He carefully dialed his friends number taking another deep breath. It felt like eternity, all he could hear was ringing. 'Please don’t answer, please don’t answer, please don’t answer the phone!’ He plead in his thoughts. “Hello?” 'Dammit, why did they answer!?' “Hey Junmyeon, h-how are you guys?” Junmyeon laugh lightly “We just saw each other one week ago, it’s not like it has been 100 years or more Luhan. Why are you calling? Don’t tell me you lost the cup already?!” Luhan was about to speak up until he heard Jongin fight over the phone with Junmyeon saying how could he lose the cup so quickly. “No, no! I didn’t! It’s not that! I just… it’s..” “It’s what Luhan? Just say it already.” “C-Can I speak to Kyungsoo, Junmyeon?”  "Okay, hold on.” Luhan walked to the kitchen and sat in a chair listening to Junmyeon yell out to Kyungsoo to come to the telephone.

 

It was dark, the rain hit the roof as cars drove by heading to who knows where. It was warm and comfortable inside yet everything was different. It felt different. Eyes flutter open seeing a light that was left on. Breathing in the air smiling, sitting up slowly looking around. “What the heck happened?” The person held on to their head. Standing up carefully they noticed a bag on a table. “Is this mine?” Opening the bag, they took out an old looking cup. “What is this?” They questioned. Examining the cup, they suddenly gasped as flashes of memories and conversations flooded back in. They dropped the cup in shock bursting into tears. “I’m.. I’m alive!? I’m actually alive!?” He felt his face and body trying to comprehend what just happened. “But how!? How could this happen? I was practically dead!” He kept questioning in disbelief. Yixing widened his eyes from seeing his refection in the cars rearview mirror. His cheeks were rosy, he was back to his original weight, and he no longer looked tired. Yixing was one hundred percent healthy. “It’s like I was reborn.” He whispered to himself. Seeing a flash followed by thunder made him smile again. Yixing looked up at the dark cloudy sky as he got soaked by the rain. “I love rain, I love this place, I love-” He gasped “Luhan!” Yixing looked up at the house then ran towards the back door opening it easily. “Really Luhan? How can you leave the door unlocked?!” He laughed to himself as he entered.

 

Luhan gulped as Kyungsoo was now on the line. “Hey Luhan, what did you want to tell me?” Luhan smiled nervously “Remember how we have to take care of the cup and all, right?” “Uh huh..” “Well, you know how it gives us immortality right?” “Yes, Luhan. I know that. What are you trying to say?” Luhan stayed silent for a while. “Well um, you see, I met someone that was very close to me here and uh.. I kinda ma-” “Luhan!!! I’m so happy to see you!” Yixing hugged him from behind crying lightly. Luhan screamed in fear pushing the person off of him as the phone cord tangled the two of them. “Who are you!? Get the hell away from me!” Luhan had his eyes closed kicking the person away from him. “Ow, ow, ow!! Stop that! It hurts man!” “Get away, get away! I said get awa-” Luhan went silent as soon as he opened his eyes to see who the intruder was. He stayed on the floor frozen not knowing what to do. “Hey, Luhan.” Yixing happily said. Luhan kept blinking and rubbing his eyes. “Y-Yixing? Is it really you?” Yixing only nodded. “But how!? You were dead! How can this- the water..” “The… water?” Yixing asked in confusion. Luhan started to laugh excitedly. “Yes, the water! The water actually worked! Yixing, you’re alive!” Luhan hugged his friend as tears welled up. “So how did I come back to life?” Yixing helped Luhan stand back up as they untangled each other from the phone’s cord. 

 

Luhan was about to explain everything until he heard a faint hello coming from the floor. “Oh crap! Kyungsoo!” Luhan grabbed the phone catching his breath. “Hello? Kyungsoo? Hello?” “Still here.” Luhan sighed in relief. “Hey, are you okay man? What’s with all the commotion? I heard screaming.” Luhan then looked at Yixing and started to laugh. “Oh, that? Haha.. oh I was uh, I saw a bug. A big.. bug. Yeah, it was huge.” Kyungsoo sighed. “Well, did you at least kill it or something?” “Yeah.” Luhan simply answered. “Okay well, I don’t have a lot of time so are you going to tell me what you wanted to say or not?” Luhan panicked for a moment but came up with an idea. “There’s someone I want you to meet. He’s a really good friend of mine.” “Okay, come by around noon tomorrow.” Luhan said his goodbyes and hung up the phone. “Who was that? What’s going on Luhan?” Luhan turned to Yixing with a small smile. “Yixing, i’m gonna need you to listen carefully to me.” “Sure, what is it?” Luhan felt bad, he knew it was wrong but in order to stay hidden and not found out by others, they needed to do this.

 

“I don’t think I can go through this.” Yixing sat on Luhan’s couch feeling guilty. “I’ve already lied to alot of people before, and now that I have another chance to live, plus for a very long time, I don’t think I want to do this.” Yixing stood up “I wanna start over with everyone, the old me was an arrogant jerk to girls, guys and my mom especially. The new me is a person with a kind heart and cares for everyone.” Luhan stood up as well. “You can’t go back home Yixing. In a few years people will notice how you aren’t aging and rumors will quickly spread! It already happened twice and I don’t want any of us to relive it. Just come with me and meet the guys, everything will be sorted out.” “And if I don’t? Why do I have to do this? I don’t understand.” Luhan rubbed his temples. “Fine, you wanna know why? Fine." Luhan sighed trying to calm down.

 

"It was in the 1600’s, our ruler wanted Kyungsoo’s family to merge with his. And so the king of our land made his daughter and Kyungsoo have an arranged marriage. Kyungsoo refused to marry her on their wedding day and escaped from the church when the king sent his guards after him finding out Kyungsoo stole his precious amulet. Which still isn't true. He ran from the soldiers with a wounded waist and Kyungsoo kept himself hidden inside a cave. Heading deeper into the cave, he discovered a cup that accidently gave him immortality. And ever since then, all eight of us have been in hiding.” Yixing scoffed "Now I know I did drugs, but, are you sure you aren't high or on something Luhan?" Luhan sighed deeply. "I'm not, just trust me. This is real Yixing. Believe me!" “Okay, fine. Let's say I do believe you. So there's like what? Eight of you that are immortal?” Yixing asked with slight curiosity. “No, there’s ten of us now.” Luhan corrected him. “But that’s why you need to stay with us now. Or you can go alone but, it’ll be a challenge.” Yixing couldn’t believe what he heard. He now has to leave his mom, home, and possibly his town in a few weeks. Yixing suddenly felt bad leaving his mom behind, he didn’t want her to suffer living alone. He was her only child. 'I’m sorry mom, I hope you can forgive me..' Yixing thought to himself as he walked out to the backyard to retrieve Luhan’s messenger bag and cup. “I’m trusting you on this Luhan.” Luhan patted his back “Don’t worry Yixing, it’ll be fine.”

 

Knocking on the door, the two of them waited patiently. “You remember the plan right?” Luhan asked him. Yixing gave him a nod as the door opened loudly with a smiling Junmyeon. “Golly Luhan, how long has it been? It’s great to see ya again.” He joked with him. Junmyeon waved at Yixing as he escorted them to the couch. Yixing sat there awkwardly as the rest of the boys came to the living room looking at him in curiosity. “So why are you here Luhan?” Sehun questioned him seriously. “Why so serious Sehun? Did Zitao do something to get you angry again?” Jongin told him with a teasing laugh. “Shut up! And no, he didn’t. Well, maybe.” Zitao gasped throwing a pillow at Sehun but missed. “I didn’t eat anything of yours! I feel so offended.” Minseok looked over at Zitao with furrowed eyebrows. “He didn’t even say what you did Zitao, but you just gave yourself away.” “I knew it!” Sehun pointed at Zitao sticking his tongue out.

 

“Can you guys please stop arguing?! Luhan has something important to say!” Kyungsoo raised his voice lifting his hand at them. “Whatever you say satan..” Baekhyun commented under his breath. Kyungsoo glared at him. “Satan says you’re talking too much Baekhyun. So shut up!” Kyungsoo turned back to Luhan and Yixing with a smile.

 

“So what did you want to tell us?” Luhan nudged Yixing secretly. “Oh, um.. I.. I’m immortal like all of you and uh… yeah.” “Okay, prove it. How did you turn immortal? How did you know you were immortal? Does anyone else know besides Luhan and us?” Jongin bombarded him with multiple questions. Luhan began to worry for Yixing, he didn’t know how to help him in this situation. “Well, you see, a while back.. I.. uh.. when I was… when I wa-” “You were what? At home? With friends?” Jongin interrupted him. “You better not be lying to us!” Baekhyun added feeling even more suspicious. 'Crap! This isn’t good. What should I do?! Think Luhan, think!’ Luhan abruptly stood up, “I turned him immortal! I had no choice! I’ll explain everything to you, i’m sorry!!!” He cried out from all the pressure. Everyone stared at him in shock speechless.

 

Finishing his explanation, Kyungsoo and the rest all glanced at Yixing heading to the kitchen to talk privately. “Luhan is a betrayer. I want him out.” Baekhyun bluntly said. “How did he betray us!?“ Minseok questioned.  "And we are not kicking him out Baekhyun!” Kris added. “Because he turned someone immortal without permission! That’s why!” Baekhyun told them both harshly. “So what! I tur-” Jongin nudged Junmyeon roughly widening his eyes in anger. Junmyeon glared quickly at him then paused understanding. “Anyways, I was gonna say I trust Luhan, he does have a good enough reason.” Junmyeon secretly looked at Jongin quickly with anger. Sehun peeked over at Yixing. “I don’t know… he’s a strange dude.” The boys talked for a few more minutes then walked back into the living room. Luhan stood up with Yixing “So, am I in trouble?” Kyungsoo sighed nodding. “You aren’t allowed to keep the cup anymore. However, if you earn our trust back, you might get the chance to protect it again.” “I can live with that..” Luhan sighed. “And as for Yixing..” Kyungsoo paused. Yixing’s heartbeat increased as his hand started to sweat slowly. Minseok walked over patting his shoulder. “We have accepted you.” Luhan celebrated in his thoughts thanking his friends. Going back to doing their owns things, Jongin pulled Junmyeon by his shirt into his room. "You realize you almost got us caught! We could of been in deep trouble or worse!!!" He scolded him in anger. "I know, I know! I'm sorry! I just slipped my mind for a sec." Junmyeon apologized trying to calm him down. "If anyone finds out how you really turned immortal we probably won't be able to live even for a short amount of time!" Jongin explained. Junmyeon nodded understanding as they both exited the room quietly acting like nothing happened.

 

Minseok walked over and took Yixing to the side as everyone chatted. “I just wanted to tell you that Baekhyun and Jongin aren’t really happy about you joining but it’s okay, they’ll like you sooner or later.” Yixing nodded. “It’s okay, I understand. I'd act the same way if I were them so, no big deal.” He gave him a quick smile. Yixing wasn’t happy about this whole immortal thing deep down, but he knew he wasn’t sad or angry about it either. Yixing was only happy knowing he’s now friends with Luhan for a very long time.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[I actually updated on TIME!!! lol]

Oh My Goshhhhhh!!!! I'm so sad it's overrrr :( but I really loved this chapter tbh!! Im happy its complete but I kinda want this to go on a bit more lol How did you like this chapter??? Too dramatic ? (sudden flashback to when I explained it was going to be dramatic in the first part of the chapter haha) It was, wasn't it? Or it could of been more. Anyways, I knew Seungjo was a bad kid from the start and I wanted him to be hated as you read the story, you know? And I know most of you didn't like Yixing's/Lay's personality. I know I didn't /side eyes self/ 

Quick Recap: Yixing is pretty much a boring kid but finds a good friend to do fun things with but gets caught up in the wrong crowd. Exposed to drugs and alcohol, Yixing soon finds his "true identity" and basically does what he wants. In the end, he was only toyed with and should of listened to Luhan. Ended up OD while Luhan (tries to) save(s) him and Yixing finally realizes all the sh*t he did was not cool and decides to be a better person ^^ [s/n I wish I could of done more on Seungjo/Yixings mom and dad but I was to immersed with Yixing/Luhan haha] 

I know we sadly can't continue Yixing's/Lay's story, but we need to move on to the next member!! ^^ /cheers/ A Hint: He's not short, and he likes... musi- Ok nvm!!!! Try and guess!!!

Again! Thank you for reading and being patient!!!!! /hugs/ For the next chapter I swear i'll be updating on time!! I promise >.<

[ignore any mistakes I will fix them! :D Enjoy reading~]

Byeeeeeee~