A New Beginning ~Final~

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

Gasping for air loudly, Kyungsoo sat up and began to calm himself down. He stared at the floor trying to figure out what happened. Rubbing his eyes he then saw a wooden table with candles glowing bright. Getting back on his feet carefully, he saw pieces of rotten bread along with a few coins scattered on the table. “Ohh what is this horrid stench..” He plugged his nose and looked around. He took a step toward the table and unknowingly kicked something to the side. “Huh…” Kyungsoo reached down and examined the wooden cup. He widened his eyes blinking in shock and dropped the cup starting to feel his torso. Lifting up his shirt, there was no trace of his nasty wound. Confused and frightened, Kyungsoo grabbed a candle and scanned the cave. He noticed he was in front of an alter and saw a puddle of black liquid. Grossed out but fascinated about the dark puddle, Kyungsoo crouched down to see what it was. Grabbing the cup near his feet, he dipped it in and saw the black substance change into clear shimmering water instead. Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped. He couldn’t believe it. Pouring the water back in the puddle he watched it darken. Scooping it out again eagerly, he saw the murky water change to clear. Kyungsoo kept filling and emptying it until he fully believed it was no trick. "I wonder.." Kyungsoo said to himself and drank the water. He knew it wasn't right to drink it but he was very curious. And it looked safe. “Fie me!” He gasped in astonishment. Kyungsoo walked up to the alter and wondered how he was still alive. He thought it could of been the strange water. Maybe it was a healing type of medicine or power. His curiosity got the best of him once again. Kyungsoo took out his small knife and winced as he cut his arm. He watched the blood drip down his arm waiting. Within seconds it stopped as the cut vanished like it was never there.

 

Peeking out into the dark woods, Kyungsoo can only hear the sound of nature. Walking across the creek carefully, Kyungsoo makes his way up the hill from earlier. Now out of the woods, he spots a few soldiers walk by still searching for him by the old barn. Kyungsoo sneaks pass them as quietly as he can and makes a run for it into the village. Looking around for anyone he recognizes, he notices Arthur closing the door to the library. “Arthur! Arthur!” Kyungsoo calls out in a harsh whisper. Arthur turns around to see him and gasps. Waving him over, Kyungsoo sprints to the front of the library as Arthur takes him in.

 

Inside the library Kyungsoo sits Arthur down to tell him what had happened in the past few hours. Arthur stops Kyungsoo from continuing his story and says “Your highness, what do you mean hours? You have been missing for days!” Kyungsoo widens his eyes in utter shock. “D-Days!?” He stands up abruptly then slowly sits back down. Thinking to himself he decides to speak up. “Arthur, I trust you. And.. there is something.. I need to tell you."  Kyungsoo pauses. "The book of immortality.. it is real!” Kyungsoo tells him in excitement. Arthur stays silent as he stares at Kyungsoo since he is unsure of his state of mind. He wonders where has Kyungsoo been for the past days. “Your highness, you have been missing for a long time. And I do not know what had happened out there but, I do not think you are fully sane at the moment.” Kyungsoo’s smile slowly disapears hearing what Arthur tells him. “Why will you not believe me? I am telling the truth! Just because I have been missing for days you think I have gone mad?” “Not completely insane, but, yes. And I gave up on the immortality book weeks ago.” Arthur stands up and heads into his hidden room underground. Following right behind, Kyungsoo watches him take out scrolls and pieces of paper silently. “Please Arthur, I will prove it to you! Then you will see it is real!” Kyungsoo pleaded. “You are just making me out into a joke. I think it is best if you leave your highness." Arthur sets his scrolls down on the table and sighs. "There are guards searching for you everywhere and they have been here a few times. They will return your highness.” He sits in his chair facing away from Kyungsoo. “It is Kyungsoo, not your highness.. anymore.” Kyungsoo heads towards the stairs and looks back at Arthur. “If you change your mind, look for a cave.” Giving his last words, Kyungsoo exits the library hurt by Arthur’s words and decides to visit his friend’s house.

 

Arriving at the house, Kyungsoo throws a small rock at Jongin’s bedroom window. Looking out his window, Jongin is taken aback seeing his friend. “Kyungsoo! You are alive!” “Yes, I am. Now come on! I need you to help me!” Jongin nods as he grabs a bag and gets ready. Dropping his bag out the window to Kyungsoo, Jongin climbs down and abruptly hugs him. “How are you? Where have you been hiding Kyungsoo?” “I will tell you when we gather everyone. We must hurry before the soldiers show up.”

 

Jongin and him run to their other friend’s homes as they plan to meet up in the woods since it is more safer out there than inside the village. All of the boys huddle up in a big circle and create a fire to stay warm. Sitting on logs, they check their small bags making sure they all brought enough food to for a few days. The boys begin to ask him tons of questions about what had happened to him or talk about if they should all just leave the village and find a new home where it’s much safer for Kyungsoo. After their talk, the young men fell silent as the noises in the woods took over gradually.

 

Staring into the fire Kyungsoo cleared his throat “I have news to bare.” Looking at his friends nervously he continued. “I discovered something unexplainable.” Baekhyun didn’t believe one word. “Such lies.” Kyungsoo stood up glaring at him. “I would never, and I can prove it.” Rummaging through his brown bag he pulled out his small carving knife and put it to his arm. Sehun and Luhan ran towards him holding on to him as Jongin took the knife away. “What are you doing!? Are you mad?!” Jongin yelled at him. “Unhand me Luhan! Give me what is mine so I can show you!” Kyungsoo told them angrily. “Let him be.” Minseok calmly told the others. Minseok walked over to Kyungsoo “You have been gone for days. The king wants you dead. Are you even sane?! After all we did for you. Helping you escape, defending you, supporting you. And now.. you want to do this!? What are you trying to prove here!?” Minseok scolded him. “No! No, you have it all wrong! Listen to me! Just-” Kyungsoo lowers his head. "I need you to understand me.. forgive me." He expressed sadly with frustration. Jongin walked up to him and rested his hand on his shoulder. "It is fine. But, tell us first before you do somethi-" Kyungsoo grabbed his knife from Jongin quickly and sliced his arm. Everyone looked in horror at Kyungsoo’s arm. Blood streamed down his hand and dripped on to the dirt. Luhan wrapped the bottom half of his shirt onto his arm in panic. "Why would you do that!?" Jongin screamed at him holding back tears. The others were still in panic mode as Luhan tried to stop the bleeding until he felt his shirt was dry. Completely baffled by no trace of blood or a wound he looked up at Kyungsoo asking "But, how!?'" Baekhyun's eyes widen in shock. "Look!" He shouted in disbelief. “The blood.. it, it has stopped!” Minseok announced. “His wound is gone!” Luhan added as he felt over the place Kyungsoo cut open. “It is like it never happened, but how?” Sehun questioned. “That is because I drank from a wooden cup. This is what I was trying to show you!” Kyungsoo explained as he dropped his knife back in his bag then put out the fire. “Follow me, I will lead you to the area.”

 

Back in the dark and deeper part of the woods, Baekhyun clears his throat “Luhan, do you really trust him? What if he is now crazy from what had happened?” "But, I saw the blood vanish though.." Luhan answered and continued to follow right behind Kyungsoo. “Down here.” Kyungsoo continued to lead them. Carefully walking across the creek, Kyungsoo steps into the cave first and spots from a distance that the candles are still lit. “We are almost there.” “How far in are we?” Sehun asked looking around the cave. “Just a few more steps.” Kyungsoo noticed the cup on the floor and picked it up setting it down on the alter. Squatting close to the dark puddle Kyungsoo dipped his hand in the black water and cupped his hands to show them. “Kris, tell me what you see.” Kris smelled the liquid in his hands and plugged his nose. “It is not what I see Kyungsoo. It is what I smell, and that is a foul stench.” “Bring me the cup Minseok.” Kyungsoo dropped the water back in the puddle and wiped his palms on the back of his pants. “Go on.” He urged him. Minseok knelt down and took a decent amount and held the cup as the others circled around him silently watching. “Pay attention to the water.” “Why would we need to pay close attention to a bowl of-” Before Baekhyun could finish his last word, his mouth opens ajar seeing the nasty water turn to clear. “Do my eyes deceive me or is this real?” Kyungsoo smiled as he heard his friends begin to comment on what just happened.

 

"Kyungsoo, of all men in our land, I am more than happy that you came upon this." "Do you all believe me now?" "Indeed!" Jongin said with excitement. "Now who will have the first sip?" Everyone looked around nervously stepping back except for Kris. "It looks like I will." He smiled anxiously. Kris hesitated a few times until he finally drank the water. He smiled showing that he was fine until he felt his throat start to burn. "Ah, it… it hurts!" Kris held his neck coughing loudly. "Kyungsoo! What is going on!?" Kyungsoo panicked backing away from his friends. "I-I have no idea." Zitao clenched his shirt tightly and shouted "What are you going to do!? He is near death! Do something!" Kyungsoo’s hands and legs began to shake uncontrollably, breathing heavily as many thoughts clouded his mind. Kris was laid down next to the alter with his eyes closed now. "He is not breathing! We need to search for help!" Luhan panicked. Baekhyun had fear in his eyes and turned to Luhan. "And you said you trusted him!" Luhan glared at Baekhyun and looked back at Kyungsoo with disappointment. Baekhyun walked over to Kyungsoo and punched him right in the face. Minseok widened his eyes and pulled Baekhyun off of Kyungsoo. "Stop! Stop this instant! This is not a time to start a fight!" Kyungsoo wiped off the blood on his lower lip. "Forgive me Baekhyun, I did not know!" "If you knew you were not so sure, why did you bring us here!?" Zitao backed Baekhyun up. "It is not entirely his fault! Kris chose to drink from it!" Jongin stood in front of Kyungsoo. "Are you really taking the side of a theif!? Or should I say murderer?!" Sehun yelled at Jongin. Kyungsoo looked up in fury. "What did you call me!?" Kyungsoo brought up his arm to hit Sehun in the face. "Enough! Stop it! Stop it!" Luhan hollered at all of them.

 

Everyone was yelling and holding Kyungsoo, Sehun and Baekhyun back from fighting until Luhan heard someone gasping and coughing harshly. “Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!” Luhan shouted over everyone. Minseok noticed Luhan trying to get Kyungsoo’s attention and screamed at the top of his lungs. The young men covered their ears wincing at the high pitch screech. “What was that all about Minseok!? My ears are going to bleed out!” Baekhyun and Zitao both complained. “Why are you screaming Minseok?” Kris asked him in confusion. All the boys turned their heads in shock seeing Kris stand up walking over to Jongin. Kris furrowed his eyebrows when everyone was staring at him. “What? Why are you all staring at me?” Kris held his head and rubbed his temples. “Ugh, what happened?” Luhan hugged Kris without warning. “You are alive!” “Of course I am. Why are you saying that?” “The water! It-It worked!” Kyungsoo ran over to him feeling relieved. “The water.. did this?” Kris examined his whole body and laughed in confusion. Looking at one another, they all smiled.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IT'S FINISHEEDDDDDDD!!!!!! OMGGGGG OMGGGG OH MY GOD!!!

Okay, I know you had to wait very long and plus I messed up with updating but OMG it is completed!!!!!! I literally revised the ending since I wrote this a year ago and i'm so glad I got rid of stuff (it was so cringe worthy thank god you didn't have to read that!!) 

But let's have a short recap(?) of the whole thing. So Kyungsoo liked Aara to the point of marriage. And his arranged wife also liked him but the feeling wasn't mutual. I know I didn't give much info on his friends OTL (but it's okay, there's a catch to it. You'll see very soon. Really. O.O) but his friends were his number one supporters. A small rival that doesn't favor Kyungsoo was just a small distraction to be quite honest. (But did ANYONE predict or knew it was going to be Henri??? I'm curious okay. -.-) I feel like I could of done more on The King vs. Kyungsoo part but it wasn't exactly the main plot. (And maybe I should have done more for Kyungsoo's father? :/)

For me, I really like the last four small paragraphs. I think that was my favorite part out of the last chapter. 

So, now here's the catch I was talking about. If you want me to continue with this story let me know!!! I don't want to see only a few asking for more because honestly I really REALLY want to show you the next chapter but it seems a bit dead in the comment section. I just want to interact and see your thoughts on this. I truly do.

And if I get a good amount of feedback then I will post up the second chapter. (in parts of course.) With this chapter (along with three others) it is focused on one of the members. It's soley based on their experience on how they become immortal. (Just like with Kyungsoo ^^) Try and guess which members. (really, try and guess.) The only hint I'll give is: Have you read about them yet?

To end this chapter, I just want to say thank you for reading it. Thank you for being patient, and I know I don't write alot on here overall but thank you for reading my stories. I don't know how else to express this. Just, thank you haha. (Also, I hope you enjoyed chapter 1 and let's hope there will be a chapter 2 coming up soon!!!) /Excitedly waves goodbye/ :D