I Never Wanted This

[Exo] Eternally (New Fic!)

The next day Kyungsoo was forced into a date with Rose since his mom kept insisting. And since he denied continuously, his parents and Rose’s parents were now joining them. Wandering around the towns market Rose subtly clings onto Kyungsoo’s arm with a small smile as Kyungsoo’s mom awes at the lovely scene. “Today is such a wonderful day is it not?” Rose asked Kyungsoo happily. “The weather is a bit too hot in my opinion and please let go of my arm.” He slowly removes his arm away from hers. Rose glared lightly at Kyungsoo and grabs his arm again showing her affection more aggresively. Kyungsoo was ready to pull away once more until his mother made a face at him. “Your highness-” “Please, call him Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo’s mother told Rose with a smile. Rose nodded as her face lit up. Kyungsoo on the other hand, wasn’t too happy about that. As the six of them walked through the market with their guards and servants, the king turned to Kyungsoo and said “Soon you will be my daughter’s husband and a part of our family. However, what do you like about my Ambrosia?” Kyungsoo stayed silent as nothing came to mind. The king’s expression slowly darkened until Rose spoke up for him. “We have not spent much time together, father. But I do know that he adores my humor, intelligence, and he thinks I am very beautiful compared to other ladies.” “Is that so Kyungsoo?” Kyungsoo gives the king a nod “Yes, your majesty.” 

 

When the king appeared in front of the villager’s eyes, they all bowed joyfully. Almost every single man and women offered food and drinks as they prepared more food for their king trying to capture his full attention. Others asked if he just wanted or needed anything since he was their ruler. The king chuckled at their actions. “There is no need. I thank you for your kindness, but, I am just here to spend time with good friends, my daughter and her soon to be husband.” Everyone laid their eyes on Rose and Kyungsoo. “Husband?” “So our royal highness is really getting married? The rumors were true!?” “I heard it was just for the money.” Kyungsoo clenched his fist at their words. How dare they speak like that! Right in front of him? Do they know he can hear them clearly? The whispering wasn’t even close to whispers. Kyungsoo could only stay silent with a small glare as they exited the area while the villagers bowed.

 

As the guards lead them back to the castle safely, the king announced that he will be leaving with his daughter since he had business to take care of. Kyungsoo and his parents bowed as they left returning to their home. Suddenly, Kyungsoo’s mother turned to him and slapped his shoulder. “Ow! What was that for!?” “Next time try to interact more with Rose! Now I know you are both not fully ready but at least try a bit more Kyungsoo!” She huffed in annoyance heading out of the hall. “Have you ever thought it was because I do not wish to be married!?” Kyungsoo yelled out. Turning around to head to his room he suddenly jumped from seeing his friends behind him. “Jongin, Minseok, Luhan? How did you get in?” He walked over to them. “It was not very easy since they did not believe we were your friends.” Luhan hinted. “But.. we can see why you were so distant with us.” Minseok added implying to what had happened seconds ago. “Again, we need to talk about that.” Kyungsoo responded scratching the back of his head feeling apologetic. “Right now would be great.” Jongin stated more further. All of the young men were sitting in his room as they discussed the issue. Kyungsoo explained to them calmly about everything they needed to know with minor bickering. “So are going to marry Rose or run after Aara?” Luhan asked Kyungsoo. “I do not know. If I go to Aara right away, my mother might find out. And If I marry Rose.. well, you know how that will go.” His friends look at him in worry. “Well, what ever happens, we will be here for you Kyungsoo.” Minseok reassures him. Kyungsoo smiles and thanks him and the others.

 

Heading downstairs, Kyungsoo and his friends run into his mother in slight shock. “Kyungsoo, who are these boys?” “Mother, you remember Jongin, right? But the others are Luhan and Minseok.” “Good evening, your majesty.” Jongin bows followed by Minseok and Luhan. Kyungsoo’s mother walks up to Jongin and inspects him quietly. “Yes, I see. He seems familiar.” She smiles at them and walks off. Walking them out to the gate, Kyungsoo informs the guards about his friends and to let them in no matter what. After saying goodbye to his friends, Kyungsoo enters the garden and leaves the castle to go find Aara. 

 

Going into town again, Kyungsoo reaches her father’s shop and looks through the window seeing no one in sight. “Where could she be?” Kyungsoo asked himself still looking through the window. A tap on his shoulder suddenly had him backing away in surprise. “Goodness you startled me!” Kyungsoo pressed his hand on his heart calming himself down. “My apologies your royal highness.” Aara’s father laughed at his reaction. “Do you need anything your royal highness? I was about to close the shop early, but if you nee-” “Oh no, that is fine. I am fine. I just.. I was looking for..” Kyungsoo hesitated wondering if he should mention Aara. Does he know about them seeing each other often? Or does he know about the arranged marriage and will forbid Kyungsoo from seeing Aara? Aara’s father tilted his head in confusion seeing Kyungsoo deep in thought. “Uh, your royal highness, is.. everything fine?” He asked in concern. “He will be just fine father.” Aara came out from behind the shop removing her gloves. “We will be near the library if you need me!” Aara called out to her father as she grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist. Kyungsoo waved goodbye watching her father wave back holding her gloves with a smile. “Does he..” Aara looked back at Kyungsoo and shook her head with a giggle. “Not at all. We are just friends to him.”

 

Sitting in front of the library, Kyungsoo lays his hand on top of Aara's but pulls away after becoming overly shy. Noticing what he had done, Aara boldly rests her head on his shoulder and takes his hand back into hers. “If you wanted to hold my hand, you should do it confidently.” Aara stated in a sweet tone. Kyungsoo stammered trying to come up with an explanation on why he pulled away, but it was no use. Standing up as she smooths out the creases in her dress, Aara asks Kyungsoo to acompany her for a stroll through the market in a playful way. “Of course I would.” He smiled at her.

 

At every food stand the sellers waved and bowed to Kyungsoo as they wondered who the girl was. Although it was a small town, everyone didn’t really know everyone in it. Passing by a fruit stand, a man greeted Kyungsoo. “Good day your royal highness, it is nice to see you here again. Are you interested in any apples or strawberries?” The man presented him with a basket full of red apples or a smaller basket carrying freshly picked strawberries. “They all look very delicious sir, but no thank you.” He politely declined. “Ah, I see. Before you leave your royal highness, may I ask who is this young lady?” The man directed his attention to Aara. Kyungsoo paused for a moment. “She is... a friend of mine.” He answered with ease. Aara smiled stating her name to the man then bid him a farewell. 

 

Continuing their walk, Kyungsoo was smiling from ear to ear but for Aara, she was deeply hurt by Kyungsoo’s words. Friend? How can he say she’s just a friend? How could he not even say her name to the man? Kyungsoo glanced down at Aara and saw how deep in thought she was. Slowing down his pace, he stepped in front of her. “Aara, is everything fine?” He tried to put his hand on her shoulder until she backed away from him. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows wondering why she was acting this way so suddenly. “Did I do something?” He asked again. Aara sighed lowering her head. Looking back up at Kyungsoo she said “What are we doing Kyungsoo?” She questioned him holding back tears. Kyungsoo looked around puzzled by her sudden tears. “What do you mean?” “What I mean is..” Aara pauses “This. What is really going on between us? Do you truly like me or, are we friends? This may not be such a good idea since you will be married to someone else in the end.” Kyungsoo widened his eyes. “What are you saying!? You know I do not want to have anything to do with that girl. And it is an arranged marriage. I never asked for any of that!” Kyungsoo held her hands and looked into her eyes. “I like you. I choose to be with you, only you.” Kyungsoo leaned close to her face and kissed her lips. Aara closed her eyes letting him kiss her. It was so sudden but she didn’t mind. Back at the gate by the castle’s garden, Kyungsoo hugged Aara and said “Remember, it is you that I love.” “Who is out there!?” Aara and Kyungsoo jump at the guard’s sudden shout returning to their homes quickly.

 

Many days go by and Kyungsoo was faced with more forced dates. But, they weren’t all that bad. Well, in the beginning it was boring and pretty annoying but at the end of the day, Aara would come by and visit Kyungsoo. Most of the time it was him talking to her from his balcony since his mother soon figured out how he snuck out. It was only Aara that had to stay hidden from his guards and mother mostly. Heading down the stairs, Kyungsoo notices his mother standing at the bottom of the stairs as guards block the path. “Mother, what is going on here?” Kyungsoo tries to walk past the guards but they block his way with their bodies and weapons. “I am sorry Kyungsoo but you leave me with no other choice.” She tells him unhappily. “Mother, tell them to lower their weapons now!” Kyungsoo demands. “Lower your weapons.” Kyungsoo commands them. The guards only ignore his command. “This morning your father and I recieved horrible news about you. You have been having a little affair with a commoner Kyungsoo. And you are to be wed soon! I will not allow this!” Kyungsoo’s mother raised her voice in disappointment. “Take him to his room, guard the door and do not let him out for anything.” “Mother, please! You can not do this!” She sighed and shook her head not wanting to hear his excuses. “The wedding will be held tomorrow. I hope you are well prepared Kyungsoo.” She walked off hearing him shout out for her to hear his side while the guards struggled to get him inside his room. “Tell the cooks to bring his meals to the door. He has a washroom in his bedroom so there is no need to let him out. Understood?” “Yes, your majesty.” The maids bowed to her and ran off to deliver the news.

 

As the sun sets, Kyungsoo sits on his bed as a guard opens the door for a split second letting a servant bring him his food then exit out quickly. He stares at the plate of food then sets it on a dresser next to the other untouched meals. He already tried to escape three times during breakfast and once at lunch. But it was no use since he would always be dragged back into his room. “This is not right. I need to get out of here!” Kyungsoo walks towards his balcony and looks down to see a handful of guards walking around the place. Soon Aara will be coming to see him and she knows nothing about what had happened. “Aara can not be caught by them.” He tells himself. Kyungsoo knows he can’t do anything to prevent it if she does get captured by the guards. All he can do was hope she won’t show up tonight. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OMG I totally forgot to update!!! (Well.. almost.. it was around 6pm exactly when I remembered to edit this part and post it up OTL) 

But it's all good! Eternally is updated and I hope you all are enjoying this fic so far! I haven't been into the story or writing since I went on my family vacation. So i'm probably going to re-read all three parts to see what's up lol Even though I know what's gonna happen. But, you know, I just want to refresh my "author memory". But as I edited some things in and out, man, a lot is starting to go down. (See! I told you by part 4 sh*t will go down hahaha ^^

Again, if there are mistakes please ignore them for now I will be re-reading this once it is posted so if you think you saw a mistake well.. what mistake? I didn't see one.. :p 

Every Two Weeks On a Friday I will be posting up new parts of the 1st chapter!!! 

Lastly! Please comment! Tell me what you think of this fic!!! c'mon, I wanna read what you all have to say! Unless it's just 10 people reading this over and over again with various accounts O_O I wonder if people do that... maybe. Okay i'm typing too much ok ok ok byeee have a good friday~~ ^_^/ /waves/