THE SUFFERINGS

ALWAYS WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'M LEAVING FOR CANADA IN TWO WEEKS."

"What?" Sera asked dumbfoundedly. She was clearly not expecting Luhan to leave so soon.

"Yeah, baby! I'm leaving in two weeks! I'm so excited to go there. It will be a new experience, with their culture and everything," he said, looking immensely happy. Sera felt happy, too, but at the same time, she also felt bad. She didn't want him to go to Canada. Call her selfish but she loved Luhan too much to just let him leave so soon.

"Luhan, I'm happy for you but what about us? Where does it leave us?"

"What sort of question is that, Sera? Of course you are coming with me. You think I can stand a day without you?" he asked, smiling at her. She felt a small blush creep into her cheeks but she brushed it off.

"Come with you? Luhan, I have senior year to finish, how can I possibly come with you?" she asked, quite confused of his plans.

"My innocent Sera, I have already planned it out. I saw some great schools in Canada where you can enroll and I'm pretty sure your English is better than mine, so it should not be a problem for you there," Luhan reasoned, looking at her intently.

"But, Luhan, what about me? Did you ask me if I want go? Did you ask me if I was happy with this? Where is my say in this?"

"Aren't you happy that you are with me?" he asked, now looking a little dejected by her reply.

"It's not that, Luhan... Of course I will be happy to be with you but, what about Baekhyun? What about my dad? Don't you think they need me?"

"Sera, Baekhyun is old enough to look after himself and he has Jiyeon by his side, and dad can take care of himself pretty much well without you."

"You don't speak for them Luhan. They need me as much as you do," she retorted back to his statement.

"Sera. I know you will miss them but, wont you miss me, too?" he asked, looking rather hopefully that she will accept his offer to leave for Canada.

"I will obviously miss you, Luhan, but I can't drop my responsibilities and come with you. My father needs me. He's been there for me when my mom died and it's my responsibility as his daughter to be with him, too," she reasoned out.

"But I'm not taking you away from him, Sera. I'm just asking you to come with me for 3 years... Can't you do that for me?" Luhan pleaded, his excitement and joy completely gone now.

"I can't tag along with you, Luhan. I have to fulfill my duty as a daughter by staying by my father's side. He is not young anymore to take care of himself," Sera said with a rise of her tone.

Luhan was hurt. He didn't think that she would refuse his offer like that. He thought she will be delighted and would gladly come with him. Unfortunately, she thought otherwise.

"So, what do you want me to do? Not go to Canada and stay here with you?" he said raising his voice as well. He was clearly pissed with her choice of words.

"You want to know my opinion? Yes, but I will not ask you to not achieve your dreams. I have been with you and I know how much you wanted to go there and study so I'm not gonna stop you. It your wish," Sera replied back and looked at him calmly. Luhan softened a little. He knew she cared and he knew she loved him but why was she not willing to come to Canada with him?

"Sera, baby. I really want you to come. I don't think I can stay away from you that long," he held her hands, pain evident in his eyes.

"Please," he begged.

"Luhan, I can't. My father needs me," she said, hoping he would understand, but he didn't. He refused to understand. He got angry at her for not understanding his pain.

"So, you think I don't need you there? That I won't miss you? Fine, if that's what you want, then don't come crying when I find someone else over there. I cannot spend my time sticking to the computer and waiting for your emails and calls and living a life of hell. I cannot do long distance relationships, Sera," he slammed his fist on the table. He was way too angry to think about what he said. Truly, that was not what he meant but his anger got the best of him and he had spouted out words that he now couldn't take back. He felt guilty when he saw the tears pooling in Sera's eyes.

"Fine, Luhan. If you feel I'm not worth the trouble of checking your emails and waiting for my phone calls, then it's okay. You are a free man now. You can love anyone you want over there and be happy with whoever you find," she said in a calm voice and stood up from the table. Realization hit him like a truck. He had done a grave mistake by letting his emotions get the best of him.

"Sera, please. Baby, wait... I didn't mean it," Luhan tried holding her hand but she flinched at his touch and immediately withdrew her hand.

"No, Luhan. It's okay. You have said your fair share of words and now it's my decision. Have a good life over there, Luhan. I hope you find someone worthy of your love," she said and left the cafe with teary eyes. Tears were streaming down her face. Luhan felt like hell for saying such things to her. Hell, he loved her so much to get angry on her. He made a big mistake.

He ran out of the cafe and caught up to her.

"Please, Sera, please. Just listen to me. I didn't mean anything what I said back there. I love you, Sera. I love you so much, please don't do this to us. Don't do this to me," Luhan said as he enveloped her into a hug. Sera sobbed in his chest. She felt hurt and broken by his words. It was easy for him to say such words like that, but it was her heart that got injured. She pulled away from the hug and looked at him.

"I love you, too, Luhan, but you are right. Long distance relationships will be a pain. I'm not worth it," she said and smiled a broken smile. Luhan could feel her pain in her eyes.

"We're over, Luhan," were her last words before she left him standing there. He felt something inside him just break and he could feel it in his eyes. He didn't know he was crying until he felt the fresh tears streaming down his cheeks.

He loved her and it hurt him so much. Now he knew exactly how she would have felt when he said those words. He felt like he was stabbed with a knife through his heart. He broke down and fell onto his knees on the ground. He couldn't take it. He felt all the weight on the world was pushing him down and suffocating him. It was because of his mistake. It was all his fault.

In the distance there was a car and there was a person inside, witnessing all the scenes in front of him. A smirk played on his lips.

"This is just the beginning, Luhan. There is more in store waiting for you, big brother," he smirked then drove away.

Sera went home with a heavy heart and tears streaming down her face. People gave her weird looks when she walked on the road with tears streaming down her cheeks.

She felt miserable.

The words she said to Luhan not only hurt him but it hurt her, too. He was her first love and he didn't think she was worthy of it. She cried on her way back home. She ran into her bedroom when she reached home. She just didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment.

Her father saw this and was shocked to see his sweetheart cry. He saw her happy just a few hours ago and now she was a teary mess. He saw how her eyes were red and puffy due to crying. He wanted to ask her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter