YOU AND I...US

ALWAYS WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
Welcome aboard this flight to Seoul.
My name is John Graham and I'm your In-flight Service Director.
Your cabin crew are here to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe flight to Seoul this morning.
We will be taking off shortly. Please make sure that your seat belt is securely fastened. Thank you."

The usual safety drill and instructions were announced. However, my mind zoned off into the distance with my gaze fixed outside the window, where I could see the sun peeking through the clouds and painting the sky orange. Beside me, Luhan was making sure I was alright by tucking me in with the blanket that he had asked the stewardess to get for me. I was finally going back home.

After a lot of persuasion and fighting, Luhan finally gave up and agreed to go back to Seoul. I was in my eighth month, was due in a couple of weeks and I wanted to give birth to my little one in a place where I called home. Luhan was against the whole idea of me travelling in this crucial state, but I wasn’t about to back down from my intentions. He eventually gave up and agreed to my plea, booking us both first class tickets to Seoul.

He made sure everything was perfect for me; from the flight tickets to the things we were to bring to Seoul. He consulted three doctors for their advice and suggestions about me travelling while pregnant. In the end, he was assured that I could travel without any trouble. Silly guy, but the way he cared about me reminded me of him.   

These last few months took a real toll on my life and changed my outlook on things. I unraveled many new things about my past, which were buried deep down inside my head. I came to know that I was purposefully hit by a car and forgot all the memories about my past. I also discovered that this guy next to me was my one true love.

Things have definitely changed.

The flight took off into the amber colored sky, making the houses below us appear smaller and smaller. I rested my head on the window, my gaze falling on the cotton-candy-shaped clouds floating in the sky, with my mind drifting elsewhere...

 

 

"Helloo?"

"Baby!!!" the line from the other side screeched.

"Goddammit Kai, please be a little less louder when you call me."

"But I can't help it, baby! I'm always cheerful when I call youuu.." I rolled my eyes at his childish reply. Kai had this special way of calling in the middle of the night and disturbing me. Although I get mad every time he did that, he just didn't seem to bother.

"Okay, okay, you big baby.. Tell me what is so important that you're calling me in the middle of the night?" I huffed a breath, turning to my side to face the window to look at the night sky.

"I just called to tell you that I miss you?"

"WHAT?!.. KAI?! Couldn’t you call me tomorrow morning and tell me that?" I could hear him chuckling at the other side of the line at my whining.

"Love has no time, my love, and I will love you day and nig--"

"Good night, Kai."

"Wait--"

 

 

"Yes, Kai?"

"I have something to tell you."

"Yes?"

"But, not now. I want you to be ready by 7 tomorrow night."

"Kai, what is this all about?"

"Trust me on this, please.. Tomorrow at 7pm, be ready," he said and I couldn’t help but to wonder what all this was about.

"Okay... Well, good night, Kai."

"Good night and I love you."

"I love you, too," with that he ended the call. After that, I couldn’t return to sleep. The thought of what was so important that's to happen tomorrow was swirling in my mind like an endless whirlpool. Guess I just had to wait to know.

It was 8 o'clock in the morning and I heard the door bell ring. I wondered who it was so early in the morning. I got up, slowly made my way to the door and checked through the peep hole to find no one there. Instead, I opened the door to find a huge box wrapped with white ribbon at my door step. Looking to my left and right, I found no one else, but I took the box in.

The box was quite heavy. I carried it to the living room, carefully placing it on the coffee table. I plopped myself on the couch and stretched my sleepy limbs with a yawn. I looked at the box again, wondering what was inside, as well as who sent it to me. I slowly lifted the lid to only gasp at what was inside.

There was a beautiful peach-colored dress with white glitters around its shoulder line. Aside from the knee-length dress, there were also matching white heels in the box.  

There was a white rose placed inside the box, next to which was an envelope. I opened it and read what was written on it.

 

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you..

You would walk through my garden forever..

                                             

My lovely white rose.."

 

I was touched by this gesture and the only person who could do all these sorts of stuff was..

KAI.

I happily skipped to my room to attend to the ringing phone. It was Baekhyun.

"Hey, sis!"

"Hey, bro! Wassup?" my cheery reply made him chuckle.

"Well, someone is in a good mood today.. Something biggie?" curiosity got the best of him.

"Ha.. Yeah.. I dunno.." he chuckled at my response.

"Wow, something must be that good to make you go speechless. Let me guess. Kai sent you something?" sometimes, I wonder how well Baekhyun knew me to find out my emotions just by my mere change of my breathing pattern.

"Baek, you know you're creepy right? How can you figure me inside-out?"

"Haha.. Well, I'm not your brother for no apparent reason."

"True.. Anyway, why did you call?"

"Nah... I was just wondering what you're going to do today."

"Me? Nothing much, I guess... Why?"

"Great! Jiyeon wanted to go to the salon and she's wondering if you're free?"

"Hang on... You called me just because you wanted me to accompany Jiyeon?" I asked him.

"Yes? Why?"

"Wow.. Baek, I never knew you were so husband material.. All mushy and lovey-dove--"

"Not as much as Kai, missy.. Now save it," he cut me off halfway through and it made me chuckle. Baek was a total sweetheart. He would go to any extent for Jiyeon.

"Okay, okay.. I will go with her," I replied, looking at the card I was holding in my hand.

"Okay and yeah, do bring whatever gift Kai got you. Jiyeon wants to see you in it" he said and it made me curious. How does he know what Kai got me? Before I could even ask him about it, the line went dead. Something seemed fishy.

I shrugged it off and went about my daily chores.

About 3:30 pm, I left the house with the huge box in my hand and went to our usual salon which Jiyeon and I often visited. When I arrived, she was eagerly talking with one of the stylists over there and didn’t notice my presence. I quickly made my way to her, which made her snap out of her conversation with the stylist to look at me.

"Sera.. Hey, honey.. When did you come?"

"Just now. How are you?" I asked and she shrugged.

"I'm good, love.. Come sit and let's get started!"

"Started?" I asked, looking at her in confusion while she pushed me to sit down on one of the salon chairs.

"Yes, honey."

"But I was told I'm supposed to accompany you."

"Oh, I already got my salon treatment done."

"But--"

"She is ready for the treatment," Jiyeon said to one of the stylists working, cutting me off.

A stylist came and stood right behind me, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter