TIME WILL TELL

ALWAYS WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?”

UH-OH, BUSTED.

I stiffened at the question while Luhan narrowed his gaze at me. I gulped nervously and started to form possible reasons to weasel myself out of this unforeseen situation.

“I-I, uh, I-” Damn, even my words were failing me miserably.

He looked at me and took a dangerous step closer.

“I asked you. What are you doing here?” He said again and brought his face closer to mine. Wow, I noticed that his eyelashes were longer than mine.

“I, uh, I was just bored so... S-So I was wandering around the house.” I said, trying to sound convincing enough but I wasn't sure because of my stuttering. For a few moments, we didn't exchange words. He scanned my face for a minute and then pulled away. He walked over to his huge mahogany table and sat at his seat. He lifted his gaze and looked at me again.

“What were you doing climbing on that chair?” He questioned as he pointed at the rolling chair that I was previously using to reach at the top of the bookshelf. My eyes followed where he was pointing at then I turned my gaze back to him.

“I was just bored so I decided to read books. I wanted to see the books on the top shelf so I climbed on it.” I said without stuttering this time. Thank god because he looked like he bought it.

“Fine, but don’t ever come into this room again without my permission.” He said sternly then turned to face his computer screen.

From my knowledge of Luhan so far, he wasn't this nice and wouldn't let something like that go so easily. I suddenly got curious and decided to interrogate him.

“Why should I ask your permission? Did you ask permission from me before coming into my life? Did you ask permission before bringing me here?” I looked at him with a stern gaze.

“I need not ask permission from anyone. This is my house and I play by my rules, honey.” He spoke back as he looked at me with the same strong gaze.

“Exactly. Now, whose fault is it in bringing me here? And now, I will play by MY rules, Mr. Luhan." I replied back, challenging him. He smirked at me and shook his head.

“Fine. Do as you please, Ms. Sera.”

“Oh, I will. Don’t worry.” I said and smirked back at him.


“So, what are you hiding here, Mr. Luhan?” I questioned.

“What?” He asked me, as if he didn’t understand. Oh, what a cute act, but I wasn't that naive to fall for his act.

“There must be something important here that you don’t want me to see since you're ordering me to ask permission to enter here. Are you probably hiding something that might reveal all of your dirty little secrets?” I hummed in a playful tone while I crossed my hands. He sighed and rubbed his temples in annoyance.

“If you are here to find any of this so-called 'evidence' about Kai’s flight crash, I'm sorry to disappoint but you'll not find anything here. Why? Because, for the last time, I didn’t kill Kai.” He groaned in frustration. I smirked at him.

“Nice try, pretty boy, but only time will tell what you are hiding under those sleeves of yours.” I said and turned around, ready to leave.   I halted in my tracks when he said, "You won’t be able to handle the truth when time reveals it, Sera. I know you better than anyone. I think it’s best if you don’t push your limits to know something that will turn your world upside down.”   I glanced at him and replied, “Only time will tell.”   The next morning, I woke up late. It was 2pm when I woke up.   After yesterday’s events, I couldn’t sleep properly last night so I slept through the morning. As time passed and I replayed the scene over and over, I felt thoroughly guilty.   I quickly got ready and rushed outside. I saw Ms. Jung talking to the other maids and assigning them some work to do. I slowly approached her. Her back was facing me as she was giving out instructions. I stood behind her and waited for her to finish. When she felt a presence behind her, she turned.

“Oh, young lady, you are awake! Good morning! Or, must I say, good afternoon.” She smiled warmly at me.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Jung. Why didn’t you wake me up?”  

“Young master said you went to bed late and asked me not to disturb you.” She explained as she patted my head. I liked Ms. Jung a lot. She was the motherly figure I missed during my childhood.

“You must be hungry. Let’s have lunch.” She said and escorted me to the dining area where there was a huge dining table. My eyes bulged out at the sight of the delicious-looking dishes placed in front of me. The dishes were all of Korean cuisine and could probably feed about 10 mouths; in short, the food prepared was like a banquet. It was like living in a palace but to my dismay, Luhan was not my prince charming.

I sat down at the dining table and saw Ms. Jung standing next to me, ready to serve the dishes.

“Did you have your lunch, Ms. Jung?”

“No, young lady, but I will once you finish.” She said and started bringing the dishes. I stopped her midway.

“Please join me. I don’t like having lunch alone. It feels odd.”

“No, my child, you are our guest and so we have to feed you first.” She said, looking at me.

“Please, Ms. Jung. I want you to join me. It’s my request.” I insisted and gave my best puppy eyes. She smiled and shook her head then finally sat down with me. Well, no one could ever resist my puppy eyes.

“Ms. Jung, call the other maids, too. I don’t want to leave them either.” I said and looked at her eagerly.

“Sure. Anything for our young lady.” Ms. Jung smiled and turned to the maid next to us, asking her to call every servant in the house to join us for lunch. The said maid ran inside the kitchen and called for everyone.

Soon, everyone was present at the dining table, except Xiumin.

“Ms. Jung, where is Xiumin-sshi?” I asked while looking around for the one man with child-like features.

“Oh, he might be outside in the garden. I will bring him lunch later. He usually doesn’t have lunch this early.” Ms. Jung answered.

“Oh, is that so? Then I, myself, will personally bring him lunch to thank him for the mobile phone.” I smiled. Ms. Jung nodded and started having her lunch. The whole dining room was silent and I suddenly felt awkward. I cleared my throat and everyone looked at me.

“Why is everyone so silent? I'm not your master. You can talk freely while having your lunch. I don’t bite, I promise.” I said and lifted my hands. Everyone in the room started laughing. After that, the room was filled with laughter and conversations. It really felt nice to have people around me. It felt like I was home with Kai.   Ms. Jung patted my head and said, “You are just like what young master told us. No wonder he cares for you.” She smiled and patted my head again. My smile faltered a little but I tried to keep it intact to hide my frown. I liked Ms. Jung and the others here, except Luhan.   After having lunch, I headed outside to the garden. The weather outside was beautiful and pleasant. The garden was magnificent, too; it was a very wide garden with all sorts of different plants arrang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter