EVENTFUL DINNER

ALWAYS WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, baby. Missed me?”

I was just standing at the door step with my phone in my right hand and the gift on the other. I stared at the man in front of me. 'Shocked' was an understatement; I was looking at Luhan with a dumbfounded expression.

The first question that came into my mind was ‘How did he find me?’ then I tried to piece things together, thinking ‘Did he give me all these gifts?’ I looked at him again, eyed to be more precise, from top to bottom but still, I couldn’t utter a word.

“Hey, baby?” He waved his hands in front of my face to catch my attention, adding, “I know I'm handsome and all, but please don’t make it too obvious for me, sweetheart. Save some for our special time alone.” His lips twitched upwards into a smirk. I finally reacted and scoffed at his statement.

'Handsome' my . Kai was way better looking than him. I smirked a little and he caught that.

“Funny, are we?” He gave me an overall look.

“The only time you and I are going to spend alone is in your dreams. Even talking to you for these few minutes is an utter waste of my time.” I retorted back to him.

“Ooh, feisty. I like it” He said and his lips. I was thoroughly disgusted with him.

“If you're done wasting my time, I suggest you leave out of my sight.” I said. As I was about to close the door on his face, to my sheer unfortunate luck, he managed to slip through the front door and entered the house.

“Now, now, Sera. Is this how you treat your guest and the ones who love you?” He asked, challenging my patience. I took a deep breath and exhaled all the curses that I had in my mind under my breath. He was definitely something.

 “Please, Mr. Luhan. You are not my guest and I want you to leave.” I pleaded and went to stand next to the door, opening it so he can walk out. However, to my dismay, he comfortably settled on my red leather couch instead.

“Hmm, nice house you got, Ms. Sera. Red is your favorite color, I presume?” He was really testing my patience now.

“It’s Mrs. Kim Sera for you, Mr. Luhan, now leave.” I said without any ounce of guilt in my tone. Although this was not the usual way that I treated my guest, Luhan was an absolute exception. After the previous day’s events, I was not in the mood to entertain such nonsense anymore.

“Is this the way you treat the person who sent you all those lovely gifts with lots of love, Mrs. Kim Sera?” He stressed my name, Kim Sera, in a mocking and challenging tone. I knew it. So he was the one who would dare to do such inappropriate things. I even felt ashamed of myself for liking his gifts.

“Thank you for your lovely gifts, Mr. Luhan. Although, I can’t understand why you would send some random stranger your precious gifts and waste your money.”

“You are no stranger to me, Sera. You are my true love.”

“Please, Mr. Luhan, I suggest you don’t say such inappropriate remarks to a married woman and please take your gifts with you. They don’t belong here and so do you.” I said, looking at him straight in the eye. I didn’t know what I saw in them. Pain? Devastation?

He finally got up from the couch and came over to stand in front of me. He caressed my shoulders, down my arms to my hands, and held them. I wanted to pull them back but his grip was strong. His strength surprised me, considering his appearance seemed to say otherwise. He looked into my eyes and breathed out.

“One day, you are going to accept me, Sera. I know that you still love me and I'm somewhere there in your heart. I will make you mine.” He then smirked, bringing me closer before he kissed my lips. I immediately froze.

Did this jerk actually kiss me?

He pulled back just an inch, his breath hitting my lips because our faces were so unbelievably and uncomfortably close. He peered at me with his half-lidded eyes. Seeing through them, I saw his confidence, matching the confident aura surrounding him. I hoped that he saw the hatred and anger in my eyes.

“You might have kicked me out of your house now, honey, but with those same sweet honey lips of yours, you will invite me in again. I suggest you make something special for tonight’s dinner, darling.” He said and kissed my cheeks then left but before leaving completely out of my sight, he turned to me and said, “I also suggest you wear something y tonight, Mrs. Kim Sera. You never know what tonight might bring.”

He winked and then finally left. I was still standing frozen at the spot. The only feeling lingering through my whole body at that moment for Luhan was HATRED.

I packed up all the gifts Luhan gave me while waiting for Kai to come home. I was determined to tell him about the encounter at the party and the gifts that Luhan sent.

It was 4pm in the afternoon and I got a message from Kai, stating that there will be some special guests coming home for dinner and asked me to prepare something special for the night. I started to get worried whether this was some plan of Luhan’s, but I did what my husband asked me to.

I got up and headed to the kitchen. Since my husband asked for something special, I planned on making Bibimbap, Bulgogi, Kimchi Stir-fried Noodles and Soondubu Jiggae. It’s been a really long time since I last cooked so many delicacies for a dinner. I washed the vegetables and did all the necessary preparations of the dinner.

By 7pm, dinner was prepared for the evening. I rushed into my room and started getting dressed for a simple dinner party.

I wore a simple sleeveless chiffon turq

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter