A DEAL, FOR LOVE.

ALWAYS WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"In exchange of you”

“What?” I croaked out, unsure of what I heard.

“You heard me right, sweet heart. I made a deal with your husband and now no one can stop us from being together.” He said and smirked.

I was thunderstruck.

Kai? Really? Did he really sell me off to this devil in front of me?

I didn’t want to believe what Luhan said but some part of me got scared. What if he was telling the truth? No! I didn’t want to believe it. Kai loved me and he would never do such a thing.

"You're bluffing, Luhan.” I said, but more like a question rather than a statement. He bent down to my height and looked into my eyes.

“You and I both know that I'm not bluffing, sweetheart.” He said and brushed my cheek with his finger. "If you don’t believe me, go and ask for yourself.” He added then straightened his posture. I stormed inside and looked for Kai. I found him having wine with Kris.

“Kai.” I called and he turned to me. My words suddenly got stuck in my throat. I couldn’t ask him. Some part of me was scared of the answer that he was going to give.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and faced him.

“Kai, I heard you made a deal with Luhan?” I asked, expecting a ‘NO’ for the answer.

“Yes, baby girl.” He smiled as he said this.

At that moment, my blood drained from my face. I felt like I was stabbed right in my heart and was left bleeding.

“What?” I asked with tears b in my eyes. Did I hear it wrong? Was my mind playing tricks on me?

“Yes, baby girl. Mr. Luhan signed a contract with our company. He is willing to invest in our company, love. That was what this dinner was for: to celebrate the collaboration of two great companies.” He said and held me close to him. I almost collapsed when he said that but lucky he held me by my waist. I couldn’t be more happy and relieved that what Luhan said was just a lie. But, deep down, I was scared that this was not going to end the way I wanted it to and Luhan wasn't one of those guys who would give up easily without putting up a fight.

I hugged Kai and congratulated him for the collaboration of the two companies but my worries were no less.

Luhan came and stood behind Kai, smirking. He looked at me with this teasing smile. Any girl would think that was y but to me, it was just annoying.

We broke the hug and Kai looked at Luhan. He was still smirking.

“Let’s seal the deal by shaking hands, my friend” Luhan said to Kai and took out his hand for a shake. Kai gladly took it, shaking Luhan's hand firmly.

“It will be a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Kim." Luhan said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes. How desperate could he get?

"Pleasure is ours, Luhan. Right, love?” Kai said and kissed me. I saw Luhan turning red with anger. I didn’t want to lose this opportunity to show Luhan how low he meant to me. Just to prove a point, I kissed Kai back.

If looks could kill, Kai would be dead buried 6 feet below the ground. Kai pulled back and grinned at me. Luhan looked at me with fierce eyes, as if he was warning me to stay away from Kai but I knew that the only person I should stay away from was Luhan.

He came close to me and took my hand, kissing the back of my hand. I widened my eyes and looked at Kai. He was looking at Luhan with a tensed gaze.

“Thank you for the lovely dinner, Mrs. Kim. I look forward to have more of your food.” He said and winked at me. I pulled my hand back and smiled because Kai was watching us.

I replied, “Sure, why not, Mr. Luhan. I will send my cooking through my HUSBAND." I stressed the word 'husband' to make Luhan understand that he could never compete with my Kai.

Luhan gave an uneasy smile and left with Kris.

After Kris and Luhan left, Kai and I got ready for bed. Kai was still working on his laptop and I was just taking a shower. I really needed to wash all my worries away, so I took a long hot shower.

I got out of the washroom and saw Kai working. I frowned at the thought of him working all the time. I walked near him and whipped my wet hair at him.

Water droplets fell on his face and he hissed. I looked at him innocently, like I didn’t know what was happening. He closed his laptop and came close to me. I was standing in front of the mirror and drying my hair. He approached from behind and watched me. He circled his arms around my waist and placed his chin on my shoulder.

“What did I do to get such a beautiful wife?” He asked rhetorically, admiring me through the mirror.

“Well, you just got lucky, mister.” I cheekily said and pinched his cheek. He chuckled and pinched my nose.

"I don't deny it, Mrs. Kim.” He said and brought me into his warm embrace. I placed my head on his chest and was listening to his heartbeat. I felt safe with him. I felt like there was no one else other than us in this world.

He brought his hands and cupped my face. He was looking at me with adoration, like I was the most fragile thing in the world. I looked at him lovingly and kissed him. He kissed me back with equal love and passion. He lifted me up and brought me to our favorite spot: the sill seat by the window.

It was around 10 in the night and we could see the busy streets of Seoul and the cloudy sky above it. Kai was sitting behind me and was cocooning me with a blanket. He hugged me from behind and brought me onto his lap.

I rested my head on his chest and was looking through the window. Kai was humming a song and it was like a lullaby to me. Our hands were intertwined and I was closing my eyes to his tune. He kissed my temple and was idly playing with our hands. I looked at our wedding bands and smiled at the names engraved on it. Mine had Jongin engraved on it and his had my name: Sera.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter