#41

My #1 Boyfriend

“Please take a seat,” he said.

I stared at him trying not to let my anger take control. He took a seat behind the desk and looked back at me.

“I’m not going to do anything. Take a seat,” he said. I sat down. “You’ll probably be wondering why you’re here.”

I wasn’t wondering why I was there. All I wanted was to scratch his eyes out.

“I didn’t know you had a son,” he began, “and I’m truly for your loss.”

I turned to him with a sharp glare, “You’re saying you have all the money and you wish to compensate me? Not unless you can bring back Danson with your money.”

Mr. Wang seemed to clear his throat, “I wasn’t planning on saying that but if you want money I can give it to you.”

I gave a laugh and looked away unable to believe his words. There it was again money.

“I want to talk about your son,” he said. I turned back to him.

“I’m not giving him to you,” I replied. “If that’s all I’m going now.”

“That’s not exactly all,” Mr. Wang said, “I…I want to know who the father is.”

My mood just worsened. I wasn’t up to talking with him. I was so tired of seeing his face and dealing with all his scolding and yelling and making an embarrassment out of me.

“Is it Danson or is it Jiro?” questioned Mr. Wang. “For all I know you haven’t been with any other man.”

“What? You’re going to throw me onto the street if he’s Jiro’s son?” I questioned. “This isn’t any important matter. If this is all I’m going to leave.”

“You’re not taking a step out of this room until I get an answer,” Mr. Wang said sharply. “You and Jiro had a very strong relationship anything could have happened then. Is he Jiro’s son? Is he my grandson?”

“If it were possible I wouldn’t want him to be your grandson,” I spat. There I gave it away stupidly. What an idiot I was to let it come out just like that.

A smile came across his face and I turned away walking out. I hurriedly ran towards the elevator and knew he would be after me soon. He’d be after Ethan. As the elevator opened my nightmare stood there. Jiro looked back at me stunned and surprised. I turned to walk away but Jiro rushed out grabbing me.

“Selina what are you doing here?” Jiro asked.

I didn’t want to look at him. I pushed him away and rushed down the stairs.

********************************

Jiro’s heart thumped faster as he watched her leave then turned and quickly headed into his father’s office. To his amazement he found his father standing up with his hands in his pockets. As the door shut behind him his dad turned to look at him…with a smile on his face.

“Dad,” Jiro said.

“Ah...Jiro,” his father said, “take a seat.”

“What was Selina doing here?” Jiro questioned not moving from his spot.

Mr. Wang shook his head as he sat down on the white sofa crossing his legs.

“Jiro I have something I want you to do,” Mr. Wang told. “Bring Miss Ren back. I want you two to marry.”

Jiro thought he was dreaming. His father would never say this he must be hearing wrong.

“What?” Jiro asked.

“If you don’t bring her back I won’t forgive you,” Mr. Wang said.

“I must be hallucinating,” Jiro thought to himself.

He stared back at his dad to see him smiling.

“I…I’ve hurt her too much. I even took away her happiness,” Mr. Wang told, “I want you to bring her back.”

“Are you ok?” Jiro asked.

“Ethan is your son,” Mr. Wang said. Jiro’s eyes widened and his heart beat even faster.

“Stop lying dad. It’s not funny,” Jiro told.

“I’m not playing around. Take this chance or you’ll never get it again. I don’t want that kid to grow up fatherless,” Mr. Wang said.

Jiro stood feeling shocked to the bones as Mr. Wang walked out of the door. It was true. Ethan was his son…of his flesh…his blood. Jiro thought back to when Selina had said Ethan’s father was none of his business. Then he remembered that Selina said Ethan used to chew up his toys just like how Jiro used to when he was a little kid. Similarities and clues have been popping up along the way and he never noticed.

********************************

I bought ice cream that night for Ethan. He had gotten a little upset with me because I didn’t come to pick him up but at the first sight of ice cream he cheered up within seconds. And I understood why Danson always bought him ice cream.  We ate together that night and after that I put him to bed. I sat by the side of his bed and watched him sleep that whole night.

I sent him to school at the same time that morning and went to the restaurant, but before I could get inside someone grabbed my arm.

“Come with me,” was all I heard.

Before I knew it I was pushed into a vehicle and someone got into the driver’s seat and off we went. The car was driving off at a fast speed and I wasn’t surprised to see who it was sitting next to me.

“What are you doing? Are you crazy?!” I yelled.

“I’m taking you with me,” Jiro said. “This is a new technique of kidnapping.”

“It’s not funny! I have things to do! Stop the car!” I shouted.

“Put your seatbelt on,” Jiro told, “or do you want me to do it for you?”

I glared at him and grabbed the seatbelt buckling it. Anger and curses ran through my mind as the car traveled down the endless road. The car came to a stop and Jiro got out some time later. As he did I quickly locked the doors so that when he reached the door on my side he couldn’t open it but as stupid as I was he unlocked the door just like that and pulled me out.

“Let go of me!” I shouted.

Jiro lugged me toward the stairs like a dog but I stopped and pulled myself back with all my might.

“I said let go! Didn’t you hear?!” I shouted again.

“You never told me,” Jiro said.

I glared at him. What right did he think he had to pull me here and say that?

“That Ethan’s my son. I had a right to know,” Jiro stated.

I bit my lip and started to turn around but he pulled me back and held on tight.

“How come you never said anything? I’m his father,” Jiro said slowly beginning to sound angry.

“Why? Because you’re rich?” I said. “You’ll say you can give me back my life if you take my son away but can you give me back the five years? Can you? Can you say that that night never happened and if I never got pregnant I would never have had Ethan I could still be a normal woman, I could marry Danson without any guilt toward him. I could live without a son to take care of.”

“I wasn’t going there,” Jiro began.

I gave a small laugh, “You wouldn’t know my pain. How hard it was raising him alone. How much it hurt to know that it disappointed my sister and my mom. To know that I could only rely on Danson. It was him and only him that I could lean on during those years. The night I gave birth he was there and every time I cried he let me borrow his shoulder. Where were you? A trillion miles away with an opportunity to start a new life.”

“Selina!” Jiro shouted trying to stop me from going on.

“What? You want me to marry you? Never!” I told. “I…I will not wake up everyday to face your father. The one man who tore my life apart. The one man who is always against me. The man who trapped me in a corner and forced me to give everything up! I will never live here in this house!”

“If you want to say that you could say that to my face,” Mr. Wang said stepping out through the open doors.

I looked away when I saw him and I felt Jiro release my arm.

“I was wondering why there was yelling so loud in the morning,” Mr. Wang said. “I wouldn’t imagine it would be the woman my son loves most.”

Those words made me want to puke. They had no right to do this to me. No right! They ruined me. My reputation, my life, stole my happiness. Everything. I turned to him with a glare ready to snap back but instead everything went black.