Chapter twenty one

Far From Being Perfect

Many of us have heard the saying 'Never take someone you love for granted because once their gone their gone, they are gone and you might not have a second chance.' Well Kris has heard this saying from several people including from his parents, brother and bestfriend, but he chose to ignore them because Kris thought he knew what he was doing, and never for once though about the consequences of cheating. 

Since Kris came home from the incident in the cafe there was empty space in heart, it was as if someone was missing, but who was this person that Kris was missing, was it Jessica or Tao." Kris kept asking himself as he lay motionless in bed. Just as Kris was about to close his eyes and fall into dream land and hope that this day was just an horrible nightmare,a buzzing of a phone echoed through the quite room. Forcing himself to get up Kris reached for his phone from the bedside table and clicked on the picture message. 

"What the ." He cursed out loud as he looked at the picture is disbelief. "How could he." Without thinking of his next moves , Kris furiously barged into his younger brothers room and slammed the door shut, the loud noise caught his brothers attention, pausing the game Kai turned to his older brother.  

"What the hell man, was banging my door shut necessary."  Kai raised his voice slightly since he was still upset with Kris from the previous conversation he had with him. 

"So the boy you liked was my boyfriend." Kris yelled. 

"How do you know." Kai asked, he was a little curious because no one except for Yuri knows about his feelings for Tao. Kris took out his phone and showed the picture of Kai and Tao kissing. " Where did you get the photograph from." 

"It does not matter where I got the picture, matters is how could you kiss my boyfriend." Kris did not know why he was upset or why he was making a big deal over the kiss when he was the one that cheating on Tao, but the thought of his ex-boyfriend kissing someone made him mad, very mad. " it's your fault that he broke up with me." Kris pointed the blamed his little brother. 

"Your so unbelievable Kris, how can you blame someone else when your the one that did the wrong doings, it was because of you cheating on him made him break up with you, did you for once think how Tao and that girl you also cheated on would feel, did you for once notice the tear stains on Tao's cheeks, no you didn't because you never cared about him, did you for once realise how much he tried to reach out to you whilst you ignored him to your girlfriend." Kai counted to ten in his mind to calm himself down, " It was you who pushed him away and now I can tell you regret it." 

"I don't regret it." Kris replied arrogantly.

"Just grow up Kris and become a man....do you know what,...... this your not going to listen to me, but let me tell you something, you had your chance with him and I stepped out of the way hoping you would recognise the best thing that was in front of you, but you screwed up big time and now it's my turn." 

"What are you saying." Kris asked. 

"I'm taking him away from you Kris." and with that said Kai stood up and before walking out the door he turned to Kris " Because I love him and want to show him what true love really is." 

A few days later 

The person that Kris thought he would never miss in million years is that one that his heart his calling out for every day since they separated. Ever since the conversation with Kai all Kris could think about was Tao. He felt so guilty for pushing his first love away from and turning his back on the person that put up with his coldness for three years, he felt shameful for letting his lips touch another person when they belonged to Tao. 

Standing outside Tao's apartment Kris inhaled one last puff of smoke, throwing the remaining cigarette on the ground he made his way to his ex-boyfriends apartment and lightly knocked on the door. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tao's POV

The light knocking on the apartment door caused the sleepy boy to wake up, looking at the clock it was 4:30 in the morning. Throwing his covers of he lazily made his way across the hallway and opened the door. 

"Kris please just leave alone." Tao said, ever since Tao broke up with Kris he spend these few days ingnoring the older boy. 

"Baby I made a big mistake for cheating on you, please give me another chance to make it right ." Kris begged. 

At this point a small part of Tao wanted to run into Kris's hold and forgive him, but the other part couldn't forgive Kris for causing him so much pain, building up the nerve Tao looked at Kris straight in the eyes before replying," I'm sorry Kris but I could never forgive you again, you hurt me so bad and caused me so much pain that I will remember for a long time."

"Tao don't leave me." Kris was about to reach out for Tao's hand when the younger stepped back. 

"Why did you do it in the first place." Tao asked, he really wanted to know the reason for Kris cheating on him. 

"I didn't mean it baby." 

"If you didn't mean then why did you do." Tao tried to hold back the tears that where about to show any minute. 

"I was stupid and now I'm deeply sorry." 

"Its too late for sorries Kris and please don't call me again." Just as he was about to close the door, " Bye Kris." Tao than fully shut the door in Kris's face, he couldn't believe why he was pushing Kris away from him but some how breaking up with Kris didn't cause him as much pain as it did a few days ago, in fact he felt as if a weight has been lifted from shoulders and he felt free. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris's POV 

'Now that I want you Tao your moving on, I can't believe I was such a fool for letting you walk out of my life.' Kris scolded himself. He climbed back into his and giving one last glance at Tao's bedroom window, ' So we're really over." He said to himself before driving away.