Conflicted

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry I haven't been updating often... I was busy, but I managed to type this up for you guys. 

 

Jesse’s lying on his bed, his hands under his head as he stares up at the ceiling. It’s three in the morning right now, but for once, he’s not sleepy, not even a teensy bit. Even his smiling lips aren’t tired because they’re too busy remembering befriending a certain pair of soft lips. Let’s just make this clear, his lips really miss Tiffany’s lips.

 

As he’s grinning like a dork to himself and thinking about what he would do for her today, the painful reality sneaks up on him and puts him in a cold sweat. Turns out his smile had an expiration date. His smile has been completely terminated and so has his fairytale romance. There’s no more romantic rendezvous, and he almost forgot that or tried to.

 

He turns to his side, staring at the wall that separates them. “She’s taken.” He keeps repeating, the sadness in his voice is enough to make him depressed. He tortures himself with that line, replaying it like a broken record until it has been ingrained in his mind.

 

Jesse finally falls asleep only because he doesn’t want to stay up thinking about it.

 

On the other side of the wall is a fully awake Tiffany. She thrashes about, turning and twisting all over the bed. In a loud, frustrated huff, she grabs her pillow and hugs it. This nagging voice in her head won’t let her sleep. It keeps telling her to make up an excuse to knock on the guy’s door.

 

“Stop talking” Tiffany whines, pulling the pillow over her face to drown out her sneaky thoughts. She must look crazy talking to herself, heck, she feels crazy, and it’s Jesse’s fault.

 

In what seemed like a useless battle with herself, Tiffany loses and gets up from her bed. She slips on her pink, fluffy slippers and drags herself to the door in shame.

 

“I’m just going to see if his leg is okay.” She reasons with herself, but her mind responds with at 3am in the morning? Yeah, right.

 

Shut up,… me. With shaky hands, she reaches for the knob. It’s going to be okay. He’s the reason she’s up, so he should take responsibility. Just as she’s about to take a step outside, her phone beeps to indicate a text message. She hurries back to her phone, and opens the message. She hopes Jesse’s up and texted her.

 

From Taetae: Why are you ignoring my calls? It’s been three days since I’ve last seen or heard from you, do you not miss me?

 

She’s back on the bed now, looking at her call log. The guilt is piling up on her as she scrolls down and sees seven missed calls from her boyfriend. It’s no longer a debate on whether she should visit Jesse tonight.

 

She knows she can’t and won’t.

 

 

“Where were you?” Tiffany barely manages to restrain the anger in her voice. This morning she went to fetch Jesse so that they could get started on the project but he was nowhere to be found. Without a note or anything to tell her of his whereabouts, she’s left in the dark waiting for him.

 

Jesse shrugs his shoulders with an indifferent expression on his face, a huge contrast from Tiffany’s anxious one.

 

“I thought I’d take a few pictures around here first.”

 

She would’ve lectured him on having the decency to tell her beforehand if it weren’t for the slight limp he made as he walked over to the table to place his camera down.

 

Her caring instincts kicked in as Tiffany went to Jesse’s side. “Are you okay? Is it too soon to be moving around so much? Maybe you should—“

 

“I’m fine. It doesn’t hurt anymore.” He replied, “But thanks for your concern.” He smiled at her, and much to her dismay, her heartbeat raced in response. She couldn’t stop her eyes from gazing at those lips that seemed to have left a sweet aftertaste from last night.

 

She shook her head furiously. She shouldn’t want him to kiss her again. This is so bad.

 

Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon.

 

“Let’s go.” Jesse didn’t wait for her as he walked out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter