Cinderella's Curfew

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I gotta say, I really enjoyed writing this chapter ^^

 

 

 

“Aw, thanks my cute little—haha, okay I’ll stop.”

 

Tiffany silently watches as Jesse leans against the counter, smiling and laughing with someone on the other side of the phone. It kind of irritates her seeing him like this.

 

Jesse limps over to Tiffany, who is pretending to be interested on the television screen in their hotel. They had arrived to Busan an hour ago, but aren’t able to take any pictures for their work since Jesse is still injured.

 

He drops next to her, tucking his phone away after he ends the call with an “I love you, too.”

 

“Who was that? Your girlfriend?” Tiffany changes the channel, her attention on the screen as she asks. She doesn’t want to look eager to find out.

 

“Curious, aren’t we. What if she is?” His lips curve up, observing her side profile as she furiously presses the button on the remote.

 

She finally sets the remote down. It’s set on a horror film and the dramatic music comes on as Tiffany speaks. “Does she know about your ?”

 

“I thought we agreed to not talk about that.” He blushes and then lays his bandaged leg on her lap just to annoy her.

 

It works. She slaps his leg and shoves it but he only presses it down to anchor it in place. “Get your stinky foot off me, Jesse.”

 

“Don’t wanna.” Jesse replies lazily, “Isn’t it a rule that the birthday boy gets all his wishes granted on his birthday?”

 

She stops trying to throw him off the couch. “Today’s your birthday?”

 

“Yup. Even my sister took the time to call me and wish me a happy birthday, and she’s hundreds of miles away. But there’s someone who is literally a few inches away from me, and I’ve yet to hear a happy birthday wish from her.”

 

Tiffany pouts and sinks into her seat. “It’s not my job to remember an employee’s birthday.”

 

“But we’re not just boss and employee anymore. We’re friends.”

 

Tiffany absentmindedly traces her finger on Jesse’s cast, focusing her attention on the Totoro she had doodled. A boss wouldn’t draw on an employee’s cast. It’s because they’re friends that she drew it.

 

A smile draws from her lips as she looks at Jesse. “Happy birthday, Jesse!” She starts to feel as if it’s okay to open up to him now, she doesn’t have to hold back anymore just to play the role of a boss. “Aigoo, my good friend Jesse is getting old!”

 

Jesse grumbles as Tiffany pinches his cheeks. He hates it when people touch his cheeks, which is why when he was five his family had a rule to not mess with his cheeks.

 

But with Tiffany, it’s okay. He doesn’t push her hands away as he would normally do.

 

“So, what do you want for your birthday?” She finally sits back down and grabs a pillow to place on top of her lap and under his leg to make it comfortable for him.

 

Jesse pulls out a list he has prepared. It consists of the things he wants to do on his birthday.

 

Tiffany looks suspiciously at him. “You already had something in mind, I presume.”

 

“Just a little something that you as my fairy godmother should make come true.” He hands her the sheet of paper.

 

After a few seconds of taking the time to read it, Tiffany places the paper down and stares at Jesse with flushed cheeks. “W-What is this? This looks like someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter