Expectations

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the super late update :\ I've been really busy. heh.

 

Jesse played a random movie he picked out of the box before he made himself comfortable beside Tiffany. She wasn’t having it though. Tiffany slid over to put some room between them, but Jesse followed after her.

 

“I’m going to my room.” Tiffany announced with an annoyed grunt.

 

“Don’t. I’m sorry, I’ll behave.” Jesse scooted to the right. He patted the empty space beside him, and with a huff Tiffany slumped back to her original seat.

 

“He reminds me of you.” Jesse suddenly said as the beast appeared on the screen. The glare she gave him made him grin mischievously. “And I’m Belle.” He declared proudly, scooting a little closer to Tiffany, who was preoccupied with the movie.

 

“I don’t see the resemblance at all,” Tiffany chuckled in amusement, imagining Jesse dressed in a yellow dress and having medium-length hair. Well, at least he and Belle had the same hair color.

 

“The movie goes beyond appearances. You have to look deeper than that.” Jesse popped the lid off of the container and handed Tiffany a spoon. “Despite him always pushing her away and being unapproachable, he has a soft heart. And Belle sees that, which is why she can’t help but fall in love and take care of him.”

 

Tiffany starts shoveling the porridge in . She’d rather stuff her face then respond to Jesse, who was staring intently at her.

 

Tiffany smiles contently as she places the empty container onto the table. “Thanks for coming. I didn’t realize I was feeling a little lonely until you showed up.”

 

“Taeyeon hasn’t been visiting you?” Jesse failed at hiding his displeasure for Mr. Kim, aka temporary boss.

 

Tiffany shook her head. “He’s been busy. Handling an entire company isn’t easy.”

 

“I still would’ve made time to visit my sick girlfriend.”

 

“It’s okay. I don’t mind if he doesn’t visit me.” Tiffany’s smile never leaves her. It was more than okay if Taeyeon didn’t show up, because Jesse was here.

 

“How did I lose to him?” Jesse mumbles under his breath, but Tiffany manages to hear it.

 

Her smile falters and she starts feeling guilty again. “I’m feeling tired. I think I’m going to get some sleep.”

 

“Yeah, sure. I should get going as well. Krystal is trying to set me up on a date with one of her friends, but I don’t have to go.” Jesse verbosely informs the latter. He stares at her for a few seconds, trying to decipher her feelings about it.

 

“Sounds fun. I think you should go.”

 

“Yeah, I guess I should go out with her.” Jesse smiles bitterly. He gets up to leave, but Tiffany’s voice stops him.

 

“Wait.”

 

“What is it?” Jesse looks hopeful. He expects her to stop him from going on this date, show him that she doesn’t want him dating other women.

 

“I think it’s best if you didn’t come here anymore.”

 

Well, he wasn’t expecting that, and frankly, Jesse’s heart begins to hurt again.

 

When she hears the door click, Tiffany’s lips crumble down into a frown. She lies down on the couch and replays the movie, because she’s already missing her Belle.

 

Because like the Beast, sometimes you got to let your Belle go.

 

 

When Tiffany returns to the company, cheers could be heard, especially from Sooyoung.

 

“Oh thank god, you’re back.” Sooyoung suddenly hugs Tiffany, who is as awkward and stiff as can be. “Oh my god, I’m sorry, Ms. Hwang.” Realizing she just hugged her boss, Sooyoung bowed profusely.

 

Tiffany lets out a melodious laugh. “That’s alright. I’m glad to see you missed me.”

 

For the first time, Sooyoung is at a loss for words. Tiffany Hwang laughed and the words that came out of weren’t directed with angry annoyance over Sooyoung’s incompetent work.

 

Tiffany strolls into her office with the file on their future client. She and Taeyeon were going to meet with her before closing hours.

 

“Ms. Hwang?”

 

Tiffany looks up at her secretary.

 

“Ms. Goo is here.”

 

Not a second has passed when Hara Goo, dressed fashionably in designer clothing, enters.

 

“Ms. Goo, I wasn’t expecting to see you so early. Did I get the time wrong?”

 

“No, it was my fault. Sorry I just thought I’d come early. Maybe we can talk over dinner?” Hara asked with a bright smile.

 

“Of course. There’s a restaurant right below us. Let me just get Taeyeon.”

 

Before Tiffany could exit the room, Hara stops her.

 

“Actually, can you bring Jesse Jung instead? I heard he also works here, I’m very interested in his work.”

 

“Uh, sure.”

 

 

It was supposed to be a meeting about the project, but honestly, Tiffany just feels like a third wheel that had intruded on a couple’s date.

 

“Remember that scene during the musical, Jesse?” Hara giggles and manages to place her hand on top of Jesse’s. He laughs along with her as they recall the hilarious part in whatever musical they had seen together.

 

Tiffany clears as her fingers fidget under the table uncomfortably. “Um, about the cover—“

 

“Oh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter