Mr. Cheapo

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(*Halmoni = grandma)

(*Haraboji = grandpa)

 

 

After deciding to bring Jesse to Busan, Tiffany had to break the news to Taeyeon, much to Jesse’s joy. He wished he could’ve been there to record the look on Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Taeyeon, we need to talk.”

 

“Oh god, are you breaking up with me?” Taeyeon shuffled toward Tiffany with teary eyes.

 

“What, no! Of course not.” Tiffany hugged him to calm him down. She could never leave him, not when he had replaced the loneliness she had felt. At a time when she was being consumed with darkness, Taeyeon had pulled her out of it and helped her see the light.

 

She was in a bad place before, surrounded with corruption. Even her artworks were corrupted since she always had men breathing down her necks and whispering ‘suggestions’ for her next creations. Because they threatened to invest their money elsewhere, she had no choice but to do whatever they wanted, it usually involved drawing political cartoons or taking pictures of propaganda. Her hands worked robotically for many years, until a man named Junseok came along, offering to invest a hefty amount if she agreed to marry him. He was a fan of her work, and gave her one condition, which was allowing her the freedom to do as she pleased with the company as long as she took up side projects drawing and taking photos of whatever he wanted. It was a win-win situation, and Tiffany would be able to ditch those money-hungry investors.

 

She could finally have the company to herself, but she still wasn’t fully satisfied with that. Something was missing in her life, and that was the feeling of being in love. That’s where Taeyeon comes in, a few months ago to be exact. Taeyeon was far from her type, but he was the only one willing to take the time to really get to know her. Annoyance became tolerance and tolerance soon turned into love.

 

“Oh then what’s wrong? Is it about that Jesse guy? I honestly don’t understand why he was so mad. I can’t help it if my photo was the best one.” Taeyeon was smug about it, and it only made Tiffany’s next words harder to say.

 

“Yeah, about that… I’ve decided to take Jesse with me to Busan.”

 

“What?!” Taeyeon nearly strained his neck when he whipped it toward Tiffany, who was staring at her heels feeling guilty.

 

“It’s just… Jesse’s photo was b-better, Taeyeon. That’s all.”

 

“But Tiff…” Taeyeon whined, grabbing onto her arms to plead with her. “I was so excited for Busan. I even had our whole date planned out, too.”

 

“You’re not making this any easier for me, Taeyeon.” Tiffany replied sternly despite feeling the opposite. His talk about planning a romantic date for just the two of them made her want to rethink her decision, but she made a promise with Jesse. Plus, if anyone had a right to enjoy this mini vacation, then it was Jesse. He deserved this.

 

“Fine, go with him.” Taeyeon expressed his disapproval as he went to take a seat on his chair, rotating it so that his back was facing her.

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

“Just leave, Tiff. You already chose that guy over me.”

 

“Are you being serious right now? How could you say that? You know what Taeyeon, you’re really immature sometimes.” Tiffany marched out of his room, slamming the door in the process. How could he accuse her of choosing Jesse over him? As far as she knows, she’s always been choosing Taeyeon, until now.

 

 

“Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany, Pigfany…”

 

“My name is not Pigfany!” Tiffany finally responded, glaring at Jesse, who continued to sip his drink innocently. Everyone else in the train seemed to be in a good mood besides her.

 

Noticing the stares she got from the other passengers, she slid lower in her seat. It’s n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter