Distractions

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Why isn’t she answering my calls! Do you think she’s avoiding me, Sunkyu?”

 

Sunkyu, aka, Sunny decided to not answer him as she took another shot. What a wonderful way to celebrate her promotion.

 

“Sunkyu, yah, Sunkyu answer meeee!” Taeyeon wobbled to the seat beside his friend and poked her continuously on the shoulder.

 

“Stop that!” She slapped his hand, causing her drunk, heartbroken friend to frown at her.

 

“I wouldn’t have poked you if you just answered me…” He continued to frown as he rested his head on the counter, gesturing for the bartender to get him another drink. “I just don’t get it. Yes, I was being childish, but she’s never missed my calls or ignored my messages before. I can’t help but feel like she’s slipping away from me.”

 

Sunny, who has been patient ever since Taeyeon came with her to the bar to celebrate her new position in the company and then started complaining about Tiffany every chance he got, finally decided to speak up.

 

“You wanna know why she’s ignoring you? It’s because you care more about her than she does about you! While you’re here moping over her, she’s in Busan having a mini vacation with the guy you despise! God, you’re so stupid, Taengoo!” Sunny burst into absolute fury, but it really wasn’t toward Taeyeon. “And you know who else is stupid for loving someone who won’t ever see them the same way? Me!”

 

“Sunkyu…” He shifted in his seat, feeling helpless as his friend was glaring and silently crying in front of him. “Tell me who’s stupid enough to not fall for you, and I’ll beat him up.”

 

Taeyeon must have thought he was being supportive, but that only upset her. “Oh my god! You’re such an idiot!” Her hidden, unrequited love had finally broke free from its chains when Sunkyu threw her arms around him and left him feeling lost but mostly surprised when she gave him a not-so-‘friendlike’ kiss.

 

“I love you, Taengoo. Always have, you idiot.” She confessed. Then Sunkyu was back to planting soft, warm kisses to his lips. Sunny was prepared for heartbreak. If he was going to push her away and tell her he doesn’t love her like that, then she was prepared.

 

But he didn’t do either.

 

“Lee Sunkyu.” The way her name rolled off his tongue sent a current through her body. He wrapped his arms around her petite body and reciprocated those teasing pecks. Taeyeon would’ve never guessed that his forever-single friend could kiss in a way that made him want more.

 

Tiffany's not the only one who can have some fun.

 

 

“What’s up?” Tiffany sat beside Jesse, who was frowning and holding her phone. She placed the steaming kimchi fried rice that she had just made on her lap as she stared curiously at him.

 

When Jesse turned to her, she could instantly tell something was off. “I feel a little guilty. Maybe we should tell him.”

 

She had the screen face her and saw that Jesse was looking at Taeyeon’s contact number. Plucking the phone out of his hand, Tiffany casually placed it on the armrest.

 

“Hmm…” She hummed, giving her conflicted lover a smile. Instead of replying, Tiffany scooped up some rice and held it against his lips. Naturally, Jesse opened his mouth and accepted the food.

 

“How is it? I used up almost the entire bag of rice to get it just right.” She pursed her lips, waiting in anticipation as he slowly chewed the food with an emotionless expression.

 

She doesn’t usually cook. But when she does attempt to cook, it appears the food gods always seem to have it out for her, cursing her with terrible cooking skills. So it’s understandable that Tiffany is feeling very nervous right now.

 

Jesse swallowed the contents, but still kept a blank face.

 

“Well?” Tiffany inches closer.

 

“I didn’t get enough to know if it tasted good or not.” He opened his mouth to be fed again.

 

After almost two thirds of the food had gone in his stomach, Tiffany got up frustratingly. “You’re not getting anymore, you jerk! And don’t you dare say you need to take another bite to decide if you like it!”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter