Bet Part 1

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jesse could feel his composure quickly crumbling as his eyes remained on Tiffany.

 

“Excuse me for a minute.” Tiffany got up and answered the call from her fiancé for the tenth time today. Did the guy not have a life? Why did he keep calling her?

 

“Hey, you okay, Jesse?” Sooyoung’s fingers grazed Jesse’s tense fists, immediately snapping him back to reality.

 

“Yeah, terrific.” Jesse reassured through gritted teeth, wanting nothing more than to walk over to Tiffany and toss her phone in the ocean. But realizing that his action would raise a lot of questions, Jesse concentrated on the board games that the rest of his coworkers were playing.

 

“So are you down to play monopoly?”

 

Jesse would’ve ran to his room the very instant the boring board game was laid in front of him, but he didn’t want to be alone, jealous, and angry.

 

“Sure, let me just grab a drink first.” Once he was inside the kitchen, he noticed Tiffany leaning against the counter. She was smiling, laughing, and still talking on her phone.

 

“Bye.” She said, finally hanging up the call after what seemed like eternity to Jesse. “Hey, you.”

 

Jesse blatantly ignored the friendly greeting as he opened up the fridge to grab a soda. No amount of bubbly tone from Tiffany could bring down the anger that was bubbling inside of him.

 

“Jesse?”

 

Not even her mesmerizing smile could calm him down.

 

“Jesse Jung.”

 

Not even the pout on her cute face could make him smile anymore.

 

“What?” Jesse responded icily.

 

“You’re upset.” Tiffany stated instead of asked. Was it obvious?

 

“I’m not.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter