Embarrassment

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello, sir, ma’am” Tiffany forced herself to bow in front of the elderly couple when Jesse gave her that threatening look she was so used to seeing.

 

“No need to be so formal. You can call us haraboji and halmoni like Jesse here. He’s been so kind to us that we basically see him as our grandson.” The older male laughed, reaching over to pat Jesse on the back.

 

Tiffany had to hold herself back from telling them that they were being fooled by this lying devil, but instead, she bit down on her tongue.

 

“Tiffany, we’re very sorry for intruding,” Halmoni took Tiffany’s hands into her own, and suddenly Tiffany’s hatred for Jesse was replaced with respect and sympathy for the woman who was looking right into her eyes. The guilty, embarrassed look she had on had won Tiffany over. It made Tiffany want to protect this elderly woman just as she would have done for her own grandmother when she was still alive.

 

“It’s alright, halmoni. Please just forget about what happened. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to show my face around anyone.” Tiffany pretended to look ashamed over Jesse’s forced hug.
 

“It never happened.” Halmoni winked.

 

“So… now that nothing happened, what are we having for dinner,” Jesse asked, which earned him a pinch on his side by his ‘fiancée.’ “Ow, that hurt!”

 

“Brings back memories.” Halmoni whispered to her husband as they watched the young couple bicker.

 

 

Jesse had spread a dozen plates full of food on the table. He looked to Tiffany and saw her throwing death glares at him.

 

She was pissed at him because they had missed their stop while she was taking her nap. And instead of waking her up at the intended time, he was busy plotting this fake engagement bull.

 

“Are you still mad at me?” Jesse moved his chair so he could sit facing her.

 

“What do you think? We’re a day behind schedule and it’s all thanks to you for not waking me up” She huffed, crossing her arms and turning her body away from him. He probably did this on purpose, forcing them to stay on this train a little while longer just so he could eat the food.

 

“Haraboji and halmoni said their nephew would give us a ride back to Busan once we’ve stopped.”

 

Tiffany still remained upset, giving him the cold shoulder.

 

Jesse sighed, grabbing a plate before he scooted next to her. “I got you donuts, Tiffany.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter