Numb, Dumb, Numb

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1877 words ohmahgerd. I gotta say, I was in the zone lolol btw there's a lot of swear words so I suggest you guys to login to read it haha.

It was a week later that Jesse was kicked out of his hotel room. His card had been declined and during a night of drowning in alcohol, he woke up with two large men literally carrying him out of his room.

 

It felt like he was flying when he was thrown out with his one suitcase.

 

“Get your life together, boy!” The old man that owned the hotel called out to him, showing some pity for the poor guy.

 

“My life is perfect,” Jesse responded as he dragged his feet through the dark street. He didn’t need anything. He had no job, no girlfriend, no sister because Krystal had gone back to school, and no house because he didn’t want to come back to the place and be reminded of how very alone and depressed he was. All he had was his sad memory, his dark, furious thoughts and a black hole where his heart used to be.

 

If there was one thing he wished he could do over, it would be to never blackmail Tiffany. Maybe then he wouldn’t have to endure this painful, never-ending rollercoaster. A single person rollercoaster since Tiffany was most likely living the high life about now. She was probably too busy shopping for wedding dresses or choosing the wedding flowers for the reception to worry about trivial things like his whereabouts. Her world was the epitome of perfect, whereas his was a perfect mirror of emptiness.

 

“Are you happy, Tiffany?” Jesse asked to the quiet, unnerving sky. “Huh?!” Jesse shouted once more, catching the eyes of people walking past him. “Are you ing happy that I’m dying here without you?!” Stopping in front of his home, Jesse fell to his knees as his head hung low, suddenly lost the energy to push these thoughts away anymore. “Huh, Miyoung?” Jesse cried distraughtly. “Why couldn’t you give me a real chance to make us happy? Why am I not enough for you?” He sobbed into his hands. The universe was cruel for making him fall fast and hard for Tiffany. Instead of giving him a happy ever after, the universe decided to mess with him in the cruelest possible way: to suffer in an unrequited love.

 

He didn’t know how long he had knelt on the sidewalk, but when he stood up, his knees wobbled. The river of tears was now replaced with something much darker and much more intense: rage and hatred.

 

It wasn’t long when he figured out Tiffany’s fiancé’s address. The drive took twenty minutes to get there. He knew that by coming here, it left him with only three options: risk prison and beat the living hell out of the guy, ruin the engagement by introducing himself as Tiffany’s lover, or lastly, beg him to give Tiffany up.

 

Hesitantly shutting his car door, Jesse jogged up the driveway.

 

But the image from the windows made him stop. Tiffany was there in the flesh-not in his dreams or imagination. She was dressed in a pretty, red dress, laughing and smiling as she entertained their guests. He couldn’t look away no matter how many times he silently told himself to. So she was happy. Happy with someone else. Happy despite knowing that he was out here somewhere feeling crushed.

 

Jesse’s chest began to swell, almost to the brink of implosion until he caught Tiffany reach for Junseok’s hand affectionately. The eyesmile she gave him was the breaking point for him. Jesse could no longer stare and not do anything.

 

Rushing up to the door, Jesse rang the doorbell furiously. Violent, intense thoughts clouded his mind. How was it fair that she was enjoying her life after destroying his? Did she ever once think of him? Had she even bothered to contact him? He was positive she hadn’t.

 

“Hello—Oh my god, Jesse.” Tiffany’s eyes widened as soon as she saw Jesse on the other side of the door. It was the first time he’s looked so unkempt. There were dark circles under his eyes as if he hadn’t slept a wink, his jaw was covered with facial hair and he smelled of strong alcohol and stench. “J-Jesse,” Tiffany shrieked as Jesse pulled her wrist and forced her out of the house.

 

“Enjoying your date with your fiancé and friends?” Jesse smiled, and it started to frighten her that he sounded so threatening and harsh.

 

“Jesse,” Tiffany tried to reach for his hand, but he backed away with a glare as a warning. “Where have you been? What happened to you?”

 

“Don’t ing change the subject, Tiffany.” Jesse starkly spat out, causing the latter to flinch. “I finally figured everything out. W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter