Confessions

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hara, why don’t we call it a night?”

 

Hara hesitates before nodding her head. Her expression was already showing how shocked she was over Tiffany’s confession. But Jesse’s face was completely neutral.

 

“I had a great time, Jesse.”

 

“Me too. Drive home safely.” Jesse follows her to her car and sees her off before he wills himself back into his apartment.

 

“Jesse, I love you.” Tiffany is standing in front of him and repeats her sudden confession, thinking he didn’t actually hear her the first time.

 

Jesse rubs his face. “Please go home, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany shakes her head and walks up to him. “Didn’t you hear me? I said I love you.”

 

“I heard you.”

 

Tiffany beams up at him, attempting to wrap her arms around him, but Jesse retreats backwards.

 

“But I don’t believe you.”

 

Tiffany frowns and shifts her feet nervously. “Why not? I thought that’s what you wanted to hear.”

 

“I do. I’ve been wanting you to say you love me back for so long now.”

 

“I don’t understand. Then what’s the problem?” Tiffany could feel her eyes getting blurry. He was acting distant, and it felt like he was still unreachable to her.

 

“That is the problem. I don’t want you to say you love me just because it’s what I want to hear from you or because you’re jealous and it was a spur-of-the-moment kind of action. I want you to want to say it because, well, you truly do love me.”

 

“But I do love you.”

 

“You can’t expect me to believe that, Tiffany. You’ve told me countless times that you’re in love with Taeyeon. How am I supposed to believe that what you’re saying right now is the truth?”

 

When Tiffany doesn’t respond to his questions, Jesse lets out a sigh.

 

“I don’t even think you trust your own words.”

 

Getting him to believe her words was a difficult task to prove. But saying that she doubted her own words was like a slap in the face. She’s never been sure about a lot of things in the course of her life, but tonight showed her that there’s one thing she is absolutely certain about, and that is her love for the man in front of her.

 

“I love you, and I’ll prove it to you.”

 

The first place she heads to after leaving Jesse’s place is Taeyeon’s house. Since she wouldn’t be able to sleep without getting this over with, there was no point in waiting for morning to come about.

 

Using the spare key he had hidden under the mat, Tiffany welcomed herself inside and headed straight for his bedroom. She enters his room without warning, but stops in her tracks as she witnesses Taeyeon kissing Sunny. She must have arrived too early because they still had their clothes on.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter