Let It Go

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know if there are a lot of mistakes to this chapter since I didn't read it over. Hopefully it's still an enjoyable read

 

Tiffany leaned against the rail beside Jesse. “So… I noticed you brought Hara.”

 

Jesse rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah, sorry, she wanted to come along. Was that okay?”

 

Tiffany shrugged her shoulders despite wanting to answer with a big NO because it was not okay to bring her. “It’s fine with me. But I am surprised she’d still want to tag along after what happened that night.”

 

Jesse’s answer was firm. “Nothing happened that night. I told her it was a mistake. She understood that.”

 

“It’s not a mistake.” Tiffany looked away to hide the hurt in her expression.

 

“It is.” Jesse’s voice went softer, and it doubled the damage. “You and I both know it is.”

 

“How can you be so sure?”

 

“I'm not. But take a good look at our relationship, there’s nothing certain about it.”

 

“I love you, and I’m sure of it.” Tiffany spoke determinedly.

 

“Tiffany, stop, let's not start this again.” Jesse turned away, ignoring the pained look she was giving him. He wasn’t going to be her guinea pig, so she can test whether she had feelings for him or not. They were over. Actually, they were never officially together.

 

“Then I apologize beforehand, but whether you like it or not, we’re going to try this again, Jesse.”

 

Jesse was late by a second when Tiffany stormed away, not giving him the chance to deter her.

 

“What are you plotting, Miyoung?”

 

 

Somehow, Jesse was paired up with Tiffany to buy the watermelon and soju. Maybe it was fate trying to force them together, but he had a hunch that it could have been Tiffany and Sooyoung, who were grinning and glancing at each other like sneaky criminals.

 

“Do you guys need a third person? It might be too heavy for you to carry all of that.” Hara piped in, which was followed by a soft scoff from their boss.

 

Jesse was all for it. He was going to agree wholeheartedly until Taeyeon and Sunny pulled Hara away to have her help them instead. Was everyone out here to torture him?

 

“Let’s go, Jesse.” Tiffany looped her arm around Jesse’s, which Jesse would’ve pulled away from if it weren’t for the dozen of employees standing around. He couldn’t cause a scene and embarrass Tiffany no matter how uncomfortable he felt right now.

 

He didn’t eat yet, that’s why his stomach felt funny. It wasn’t because of the butterflies that were fluttering about because Tiffany was giggling and looking all adorable when she conversed animatedly with the elderly women at the market.

 

“What the hell is wrong with me?” Jesse slapped his cheeks when he finally woke from this trance.

 

He swears she’s doing this on purpose.

 

“Jesse, look, free food!” Tiffany beamed brightly at him as she held up two sticks of fishcakes.

 

Jesse had to bite the inside of his cheek to stop himself from smiling back at this innocent ‘child’ who was now dancing excitedly.

 

“One for you and one for me.”

 

Don’t give in, you fool. Jesse placed his hands in his pockets when Tiffany tried to hand him the stick.

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

“But I didn’t see you eat all day.”

 

“I ate when you weren’t looking.”

 

“I was looking at you the entire time.” Tiffany admitted with a frown, not realizing what she was doing to his cold exterior.

 

Crack.

 

“F-Fine. Maybe just a little.” Jesse reached for the stick and nibbled on the cake. At least he still had his other hand inside his pocket, so she couldn’t hold his hand again.

 

That's right, you showed her, Jesse.

 

“This feels nice.”

 

Jesse froze in place when Tiffany’s words reached his ears. That’s when he looked down and realized he had already taken the last bite of his fishcake and his free hand was now entwined with hers.

 

How…

 

“Jesse?”

 

Jesse gulped and turned his eyes over to meet hers.

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t look so good.” But when Tiffany tried to feel his forehead, Jesse quickly rejected her and moved away.

 

“Why don’t we split up? I’ll get the watermelon and you can buy the soju. It’ll be faster this way.”

 

Tiffany pouted and mumbled a “But I don’t want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter