Maybe

Blackmailing My Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Warning: I'm sorry! >.< 

 

 

“We’ll talk to him first thing in the morning.” Tiffany assured Jesse as they stood in front of her home. Instead of the warm, clean fresh air that she has gotten used to in Busan, the thickly polluted air in Seoul made her lungs feel clogged. She could barely breathe. It felt like a heavy boulder had been stacked on her chest.

 

Too many thoughts were running in her mind. How would she face Taeyeon? For as long as they’ve been together, Tiffany was sure Taeyeon was the one. Her eyes never wandered, they’ve always been glued to her Taetae, but these past two weeks changed things; Jesse’s changed the course of her feelings.

 

“I’ll be there with you. I won’t let you go through this alone.” Jesse gently squeezed her hand before tugging at it until her body lurched forward into his chest. He wrapped her securely in his arms, wanting to relish over the reality that seemed almost impossible a few nights ago. Tiffany was his, right? “I love you.”

 

Tiffany nodded in his chest, acknowledging his confession as her insides did somersaults.

 

After what appeared like a few short minutes, Jesse pulled away and kissed her forehead as he told her goodnight. He waited until she entered her house before he started walking back to his car.

 

The normal pace was now getting slower, heavier. He couldn’t hold it in anymore. A feeling of panic consumed him as he sat inside his car. He didn’t directly ask for a reply, but he did notice that she didn’t say ‘I love you’ back. Maybe she was just too busy thinking of other things. Tiffany didn’t say it, but he could feel it radiating off of her. It wasn’t just his imagination playing tricks on him.

 

“She loves me, I know it.” Jesse said to himself, but something in the back of his mind warned him to prepare himself for tomorrow.

 

 

“Tiff!”

 

The sound of the familiar voice reverberated inside her bedroom. With widened eyes, she gazed in surprise at the unexpected guest.

 

“T-Taetae.”

 

 

“Can we meet up?”

 

Seeing the text at 6 in the morning should have pissed Jesse off, but because it was Tiffany, he happily got off of his warm, snug bed.

 

“Can’t wait to see me, huh, Miyoungie?” He texted back, thinking he was being cute for using her Korean name.

 

After ten minutes, came a reply, “Meet me at the park behind the donut shop.”

 

His smile faltered after reading that text. Maybe she didn’t give him the reaction that he was looking for because he was teasing her over her Korean name.

 

When he arrived at the park, he noticed Tiffany’s vibrant pink hoodie. He snuck up behind her and hugged her, warming up her frail body with his own.

 

“Hey you.” Jesse didn’t notice the way her body slightly stiffened since he was too happy to see his lovely lady.

 

Tiffany bit inside her cheek as her head bent over to stare at the grass. How could she look him in the eye, knowing that this will be the last time he will look at her with so much affection?

 

“So, what was so urgent that talking couldn’t wait for the sun to come up?”

 

Jesse started to feel her body tremble in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter