nding

Eternity

firstly, i apologize if this seems rushed. Ive been plagued w/ writers block and am so stressed about my summer courses

I am not doing so well so no fics for a while. Im so sorry guys!! You deserve better but im just ----ugh 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hakyeon's arm was all bandaged up and looking as I'll as ever. 
His eyes stared ahead at nothing.

Taekwoon said nothing and took a seat next to the the hospital bed. 
"You'll be coming home with me Hakyeon", was all he said.

The nurses helped gather his things and put him on a wheelchair to take to Taekwoon's car.

The ride was silent and they peacefully drove home. The relief was evident in Hakyeon's face that they were leaving the hospital.

"I'm sorry", he said quietly just as Taekwoon parked the car. If the motor had been on, he wouldn't have even heard him.

Perplexed, he asked cautiously. "Why?"

Hakyeon took his time to answer. "For what happened so far".

"Why would you try to kill yourself when I love you. When I want to help you?" Taekwoon asked. Now, he was just exhausted. It was almost dark and the atmosphere was tense.

"Kill myself...? Is that what they told you?" Hakyeon said.

"What do you mean Hakyeon?" Taekwoon demanded.

"I didn't try to kill myself. The guy beside me stabbed me on the wrist. He suffered a brain injury I think", Hakyeon replied. 
Taekwoon was relieved that Hakyeon wasn't suicidal. Now that he thought of it, his mate was far too strong to do such a thing.

"Then why are you sorry?" Taekwoon asked.

"For everything you had to go through because of me", Hakyeon sighed.

"How could you say that? I'm sorry Hakyeon. I'm sorry for everything you went through. This all could've been avoided if I took better care of you", Taekwoon croaked. Hakyeon turned in surprise toward his mate's face. A teardrop ran down his left cheek and Hakyeon was astonished. His Taekwoon never cried.

Hakyeon hesitantly hugged the latter in consolation and Taekwoon returned the gesture. It felt so familiar and warm that Hakyeon could stay like this forever.

Taekwoon also was reminded of the last time he caught whiff of Hakyeon's familiar scent. The sweet flowery scent was faint but it was there.

They remain like this for at least a minute before Hakyeon pulled away.

"You know, I really don't want to stay hooked on the past", Taekwoon spoke, "I want us to move forward. Besides, when have I ever lied to you?"

"That time you said my cooking was good".

"But you knew I was lying. I couldn't hide it from you".

"Taekwoon", Hakyeon said in a guilty voice, "I n-never meant that I wanted you to l-leave me".

Taekwoon softened and let out a relieved breath. 
"Yeah well you can't get rid of me that easy".

"I wouldn't be able to live without you, you know. A-and I was just scared that I had become so weak and dependent". By now the latter was crying.

Taekwoon's heart ached. He couldn't imagine how Hakyeon would have felt after everything that had happened. How lonely and unwanted he must have felt.

From then on, Taekwoon knew things wouldn't be the same. He couldn't continue being his cold, distant self; and Hakyeon wouldn't remain the cheerful social butterfly he used to be. 
But despite that, he still loved his mate and would work hard to restore his strength.

Taekwoon sat down and wiped Hakyeon's fat tears and hugged his shoulders, "You know, you can tell me anything. I'll always listen. Please, Yeonnie, don't suffer on your own".

The waterworks became worse but Hakyeon didn't care. The only thing on his mind was that he had the best mate ever.