Escape

Eternity

However, the question remaining in Leo's mind was the fact how Ken immediately knew what was wrong with Hakyeon along with the cure. It was as though he witnessed this before.
Although Ken had found out about Hakyeon's secret, he seemed to not have connected the pieces of information.
After the whole incident, Hakyeon was better and back to normal and Ken returned with animal blood.

One day, when Hakyeon asked to use the bathroom, he heard Ken and the human talking.
"It isn't a good idea to rush because of the blood poisoning", the human said.
"I've waited enough and we are running behind schedule!"  Ken snapped.
Hakyeon was pretty sure the conversation was about him.
"Why don't we work on the other one? Maybe they share the same qualities", the human suggested.
There was a pause.

"Mouse? But he has a mate", he said slowly.
"Get rid of the mate then", the human replied easily.
"I'll think about it. Work on Bait until then", Ken replied.
"Sorry but there is no way to do the operation now. His health is too vulnerable to use anesthesia. The surgery will be a failure when he struggles", the scientist stated, "Besides it's best to have two subjects in case one has a problem".

Hakyeon gasped as he heard everything from the thin wall. The two seemed to be speaking from the wall behind the stalls.
But more importantly, they wanted to test Sanghyuk's pain tolerance! Hakyeon had realized that the only logical explanation for his survival was the fact that he was a half bred vampire. And if that was the case, Sanghyuk would no doubt be killed.
That cannot happen! He had to come to a conclusion and save the others.

He explained the story to the Hongbin, Sanghyuk, and Ravi. Rationally, Hakyeon was right and they had to escape to save Sanghyuk but it still seemed wrong.
"What about Leo Hyung?" Hongbin swallowed.
"It'll be easy to steal the keys and I'll distract Ken and talk him into letting you guys go. Just tell Leo that I'll distract them and that I'll meet up with you guys later", Hakyeon whispered, biting his lips to look at his sleeping mate.
"You--you want us to lie to Leo Hyung," Sanghyuk whispered.

Hakyeon swallowed nervously, "I know it isn't right but this is for the best Hyukkie."
"I think you're underestimating Leo Hyung", Hongbin interrupted, "He's your mate for God's sake. He's not just going to give up on you".
"And Sanghyuk is you're mate", Hakyeon snapped, "Shouldn't you put him first?"

Hongbin glared, "I DO care about Sanghyuk! But Leo Hyung is also my friend; I don't like seeing any one of them hurt".

"I'm sorry Hongbin", Hakyeon sighed, "You guys know what Ken is up to so you can go and report to the Council. You guys can stop him before he is successful with his crazy plan".
"What about you?" Ravi asked nervously, "Reaching the council is a long process. And they have a wait list for meetings! What if he does something with you...?"
"There's always a risk", Hakyeon whispered, "It's our only shot".

"How are you so sure that Ken will even let us go in the first place?" Ravi asked.
"Believe me; I have a proposal he can't resist", Hakyeon said leaving the others confused.
Hesitantly, they agreed.

Hakyeon sighed and went to sit next to Leo, settling beside his sleeping form. He hadn't spoken with Leo these past few days because he didn't want to see the sadness and worry the latter had towards him.
But again, they'd run out of time and it was too dangerous to stay.
Hakyeon softly moved Leo's dark hair from his eyes.
When his eyes fluttered open, he was met by Hakyeon's gentle smile.
"Hmm", Leo hummed, looking up at him. Hakyeon saw Leo's lack of energy as it had been almost a week since he'd had any blood.
At the same time, Leo noticed that something was definitely wrong from Hakyeon's sad eyes.
"Leo, I'm so sorry", Hakyeon whispered.
"Hakyeon, this isn't your f--", Leo began when Hakyeon interrupted him.

"We shouldn't be mated; it isn't right", Hakyeon said avoiding Leo's confused eyes.
"Why would you say such a thing Hakyeon?" Leo demanded getting up. He grabbed Hakyeon's face with his hands, observing his expressions as his thumb Hakyeon's cheek.
"I -- just, I'm sorry for getting you in all this trouble", Hakyeon smiled as he patted the latter's arm.
Taekwoon didn't say anything.

"Hyung, we're getting out tonight", Ravi said a few hours later.
Leo's head snapped up, "How?"
"Hakyeon will manage to get the keys easily so we can make a break for it", Hongbin explained.
"In case you haven't realized, there are guards outside, crawling all over the property", Leo said rolling his eyes.
"We know Hyung but Hakyeon has something -- probably information to make Ken lay off his guards for a while", Hongbin said.

Silence.

"You plan on blackmailing or bribing that psychopath?" Leo exclaimed, "What exactly could be so valuable?"

"Leo-ah just trust me on this one", Hakyeon said. Leo frowned, not liking the sound of his mate's tone.
Nothing good happened when Hakyeon asked to be trusted.
"Besides, it's our only shot".

So that night, Hakyeon stole the keys as a guard was dozing off in front of them for an afternoon nap.
They only had five minutes between this time to make a break for it. Hakyeon swiftly unlocked the door and they were out. It took quite a while for them to adjust to light after being kept in the dark for so long. However, Hakyeon's hand was strongly bonded with Leo's the entire time.
But they made their way through the empty dark halls. Thanks to frequent washroom visits, they had a rough idea for navigating purposes.
Then there was the point they had to separate with Hakyeon so he could get to Ken's office.
Hakyeon gulped and he really didn't want to let go but he had to --- for Leo's sake and the others.
He took a deep breath and Leo hugged him, "Don't worry, Yeonnie. If this works, we'll meet you outside".
Hakyeon forced a smile and nodded; they all knew they wouldn't see Hakyeon again.
"I'll always love you Taekwoon-ah", Hakyeon said before turned and running around the corner. Leo watched from his current position before he joined the others zigzagging through the halls.
Meanwhile, Hakyeon wiped a tear before pushing open the door to Ken's office.
The man looked up in surprise.
"Hakyeon. What in the world --- how did you---" he stuttered in disbelief.

"Call off your guards outside and let the others escape".
"Who are you to give me orders?", Ken demanded angrily as he stood up.
"You're in a hurry right? I'll obey your orders if you let them leave. The only reason I survived your crazy experiments was because I'm half bred", Hakyeon said in one breath, hoping that Ken would agree.

"You'll do what I say? And they don't know about my plan?" Ken demanded with a raised eyebrow.
"Yes I promise. And I'm not dumb enough to risk their lives for your stupid plans", Hakyeon spat, gaining confidence as Ken bent over towards his negotiation.

"Alright, I'll let them go", Ken said with a sinister smile.

..................................................................................................................

Once again sorry for the short chapter!! Im in a nervous breakdown kuz uni is starting on thursday >< 

Neverthe less enjoy <3 and support VIXX LR <3

AND OMG just watch this entire video and i promise u wont regret it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZlF4-AwO9E

 

leave lotsa comments and once again thanks for all your patience!! i love you alllll

and in the future, another character will be revealed....can u guess who? ;)

enjoy the manhyuk, our beloved maknae <33