Downwards

Eternity

Hakyeon awoke that night and the previous events were fresh on his mind. 

He was ever so grateful that Leo hadn't given up on him and for escaping what he'd been through. He looked down, finding a flat stomach, something that seemed really strange after being pregnant for so long. 

It was dark but he opened the dimmed light of his lamp to take a peak. He slowly lifted his hospital gown so look at his wrinkled, malnourished body. 

He winced; this was terrible. It pained the poor boy to sit up let alone stand. But he managed and slowly found his way to the bathroom. 

 

He frowned and bit his lip as he came face to face with his reflection. He was sickly thin and looked like a dead man. His eyes were dull with heavy eye bags, and his lips chapped and dry. 

He was grossed out and became terribly self-conscious, hiding from the reflection. 

He collapsed onto the floor beside his bed as he weeped pathetically. 

He cried about how unfair everything was and angry for what became of his body. 

It was absolutely terrible. 

He came to realize that each time he came face to face with himself, he'd be reminded of what happened; what he was --- a misfit; tainted; gross. 

 

The next morning, as the doctors predicted, Hakyeon's body was craving blood and the latter felt absolutely starved. He wildly tossed away the human food. The nurse was sympathetic but he could only have blood on small amounts until his body got used to it. Until then, he'd have to quench his thirst with human food. 

 

.-------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Taekwoon got to the hospital room, he saw his beloved mate's terrible state as he smashed a plate of mashed potatoes on the ground. 

"Yeon-ah, are you alright?" he asked softly. 

 

The nurse sighed, "He's already had a small amount of the blood bag your friend provided last night and he seems to be craving more but he's on blood lust so he can increase portions over time and not at once".

Taekwoon nodded in understanding and sat on the hospital bed when the nurse left. 

Hakyeon was clearly avoiding his eyes.

 

"I'm glad you're finally safe", Taekwoon said. 

Hakyeon grit his teeth angrily, "You can stop doing that you know".

 

"W-what are you talking about?" Taekwoon questioned, taken by surprise by Hakyeon speaking. The sound was raspy. 

 

"The pity. I know you're only caring because you're guilty; you can stop", Hakyeon clarified, looking into Taekwoon's eyes. 

 

"Cha Hakyeon! Do you know what you're saying? You're my mate; I care about you because I love you", Taekwoon argued, offended by Hakyeon's comment. 

 

As much Hakyeon wanted, he couldn't bring himself to believe Taekwoon. In fact, how could Leo even look at him straight in the face and bear to say those words? 

 

"If it's the mating thing, you don't have to worry. I don't have your mark and you can overright mine with --", Hakyeon spoke only to be interrupted by Taekwoon's lips, hard on his chapped ones. 

 

His eyes widened in fear and he pushed the latter away, "G-get away from me". 

 

Taekwoon just realized his mistake. He was trying to prove he loved Hakyeon the same as before but he'd forgotten then the boy had been abused. The smallest contact was enough for the fresh wounds to open since Hakyeon hadn't recovered from what he went through in Ken's care (or lack of). 

 

", I'm so sorry Hakyeon. I just-- I just love you so much, I don't want you to think otherwise", Taekwoon pled. 

But Hakyeon wasn't listening as he pressed a button to call for the nurse. 

 

 

Taekwoon was terribly frustrated and he wanted his beloved mate back. 

He returned to the house to find cops waiting for him. 

 

"Sir, we have found security footage to use as evidence against Ken. Do you wish to see it so you can identify your mate?"

 

Leo's eyes widened --- footage?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo was taken to the police station where he watched the footage of a clean room with a bed. The cops didn't have time and skipped through the video for anything important. All Taekwoon saw was Hakyeon in the room, mostly on the bed, with deteriorating health and a growing belly. He went in and out of the room a bit and Ken often entered to provide him with food and water. 

 

But then, days went by without Ken's entrance and Hakyeon began banging on the door, and sleeping longer. 

 

"Starvation and blood deprivation", an officer noted disapprovingly. 

 

And then, Ken returned and the two spoke. The footage had no audio so there was no way of knowing what it was but Hakyeon's expression turned mortified and then the horror began as Ken pushed him down and began kicking him in the abdomen quickly and repeatedly. 

 

Leo was glad there was no audio. 

 

It didn't take long for a pool of blood to collect under Hakyeon's body as he lay motionless on the floor. 

Leo gasped and felt like throwing up; he really had no idea what Hakyeon had been through. 

The cops forwarded a maid cleaning him up and returning him to bed. Through the following days she brought him food and water and Ken was nowhere to be seen. Hakyeon didn't seem to be in a better condition though. And then the door opened and a male entered -- it sure as hell wasn't Ken but Hakyeon looked petrified. 

 

Leo was mortified and infuriated to see the man rip off Hakyeon's clothing and beat him into submission. With no energy left, Hakyeon couldn't fight back. 

 

And then, he bent Hakyeon over the bed and ---

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

"I can't watch this", Leo exclaimed, breathless, closing the laptop abruptly.

 

He wanted to return to Hakyeon and embrace him and make him forget.  

He wanted to cherish Hakyeon properly and give him the love and care he deserved and needed. 

 

Hakyeon was in no shape to be pushing Taekwoon away.