Chapter 12

Eternity

Hakyeon returned within a mere 30 minutes to everybody's surprise.
He was roughly dragged and pushed into the cell. Thankfully he wasn't unconscious this time, but his right foot had a cast around it.

"What happened?" Sanghyuk dared to ask.
Hakyeon swallowed, "They twisted my ankle".
His head was cast downwards and he didn't look at any of the four boys. They settled along separate walls to stop themselves from swarming around him.
Leo grabbed Hakyeon's hand, "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up, Yeon-ah.  They took you away so soon".

"They're finished with the pain tolerance tests", Hakyeon informed.
"Oh thank goodness Hyung!" Sanghyuk smiled, "They're going to let you rest right?"

"Six days."

The atmosphere in the cell was heavy as everyone had mixed emotions about Hakyeon leaving everyone in the dark about Ken's mastermind plan.
And frankly, they were confused and frustrated.

"Six days and then what?" Ravi demanded, not backing down.

"Surgery". Now everyone's eyes were on Hakyeon.
Taekwoon froze, "Well that means we have to make it out before six days".

"Duh but Hakyeon's injured and they've calculated the exact number of days he'll need to heal", Hongbin said, "We don't even have a plan to escape. This guy is ed up-- maybe he's a mad scientist".

Taekwoon noticed Hakyeon's lack of energy and health, "You need to feed".
And all of a sudden, Sanghyuk remembered what he saw just before being captured.
"Hyung! You feed from animals!" Sanghyuk exclaimed.
Taekwoon narrowed his eyes at him; how did he know?

"What the hell? Are you serious?" Ravi demanded with a look if distaste.
Hakyeon had a frightened look in his eyes as he gulped; now he'd have to reveal his secret.

"I-My mom wasn't a vampire", Hakyeon whispered. It was barely audible but with their  super hearing, everyone heard clearly.

"Isn't that illegal? You've been lying to us", Ravi said in confusion.
"Yeah but it's not his fault", Leo was quick to reply, "You know how dangerous it is".

"So you drink animal blood? What does that mean?" Hongbin demanded. He really didn't see the connection between Hakyeon's diet and them being stuck in a cell.

"It doesn't have as many nutrients so I feed more frequently", Hakyeon replied.

"So Ken is bound to find out about what you are!" Hongbin realized, "And when he knows, he can do anything to you since you're illegal anyways."

The thought dawned everyone now; Hakyeon's life was at peril.
Everyone became quiet after that.
Hakyeon's mind wasn't focused on what happened or what was going on now; it was on Ken's plan. What if he's successful? How could Hakyeon tell Taekwoon all this?
He didn't want to bear a child, especially one who was destined to be a soldier.
It was so unnatural and terrifying at the same time.

He'd just felt happy with Taekwoon in his life and it was all being taken away. The whole idea of Ken's ridiculous plan frightened Hakyeon to the core of his bones.
He's didn't realize the tears until Taekwoon wiped them and pecked his cheek, "Don't worry; I won't let anything happen to you; not again".
Why was he always destined to suffer? It wasn't fair.

The four spent a whole 24 hours in the cell, just sitting about and talking a bit; they really had no plan whatsoever.
Finally, Leo couldn't take it anymore and he stood up and started hitting the bars one morning.
Everyone looked at him in confusion. A guard finally answered, "What's with all the racket? What do you want?"
"I want to talk to Ken. Tell him it's important", Leo stated.
The guard looked unsure but nodded anyways.

"Are you crazy? What are you gonna do? Convince him to release us?" Ravi demanded sarcastically.
"Well it's better than just sitting here all day", Leo snapped.
About half an hour later, two guards were at the door to take Leo to Ken's office. Hakyeon was afraid, "Please be careful, Taekwoon-ah".

Taekwoon smiled slightly before leaving the cell. The steps echoed as he was led out the room, the metal door locking in place after they'd left.

As soon as that happened, Hakyeon was forcefully shoved against the wall. His frightened eyes met Hongbin's and he was terrified, being defenceless with a twisted ankle.
"Hyung! What the hell are you doing? Let him go!" Sanghyuk demanded, trying to get Hongbin to release Hakyeon.

"I'm not going to sit around waiting for something to happen Hakyeon, tell me the truth. Now", he hissed angrily.
Although Ravi wasn't cornering Hakyeon, he really couldn't blame his friend. They were kept in the dark and since Hongbin had Sanghyuk to worry about, he was terribly impatient.

"It's n-not safe", Hakyeon whimpered trying to pry the younger boy's hands off but he was too strong.
"Exactly so tell me", Hongbin said, loosening his grip as his eyes softened. His tone was now almost begging; his frustration and confusion was killing him. "Please".

Hakyeon gulped, "Ken. He thinks that we'll be under attack and we have the disadvantage of a small population. He wants to eliminate the mating system so that he could use all submissives to reproduce".

Ravi blinked at the new information, "As in give birth to little vampires? But you're a guy".

"That's why I was tested by pain tolerance to give birth and all that. He mentioned that the surgery will be held to implant a womb", Hakyeon whispered.
Sanghyuk gasped while Hongbin released Hakyeon, letting the elder rest his back on the  wall.
"Wah, so this dude is actually delusional", Ravi exclaimed in wonder; he'd never met a delusional person before.
Ravi was curious about this man.
They were quiet for a few minutes before Hongbin finally said something.

", I'm sorry Hakyeon. I'm so sorry", he said, running a hand through his hair.
He finally understood Hakyeon's pain and hopelessness in the situation.

Hakyeon bitterly smiled, "If you're giving me pity, I don't want it. If your lucky, Ken will let the four of you leave as long as you pretend to remain unknown about the plan".

"But there's no way Taekwoon Hyung would leave you to this fate. How can he give up on you", Sanghyuk said softly, "Maybe he'll find a way and all of us can escape".
Sanghyuk was indeed pure and hopeful but that wouldn't get them through reality. The other three knew that. But at the same time, Sanghyuk was right; there was no way Leo would leave him to that fate -- and that's why he could never know.

Hakyeon's eyes widened immediately as he looked at the three of them, "You can't tell him. Ever!"
Ravi frowned.
"You're being ridiculous Hakyeon. It's too cruel to not tell him", Ravi softly said.
"You know he won't leave me and Ken is willing to do anything to get his way. He's killed many and he won't mind killing another. If you tell him, your best friend will have the same fate as me. With the risk of all your lives as well", Hakyeon said with determination.

He sharply turned to an unsure Hongbin, "Think about Sanghyuk! Do you want him to suffer? I didn't suffer all this and risk my life to save his for nothing! You owe me for saving your mates life. So keep him safe for me. You can't let Sanghyuk die!"
Hongbin swallowed, knowing Hakyeon was right but he didn't agree with leaving Hakyeon in this hell. But everything Hakyeon said was true.

Suddenly Hongbin embraced Hakyeon, surprising everyone, "I'm sorry for everything Hakyeon. I'm sorry for hurting you. Hell, I even hurt you right now when you're in a cast. It was selfish of me to do all this without realizing how much you were hurting".
He understood the affection between mates; he couldn't imagine leaving Sanghyuk. But Hakyeon was pushed in a corner with no other choice.

Sanghyuk had tears in his eyes as he hugged his friend tightly, "Hyung. You really don't deserve all this! I'm sorry you had to suffer".
Hakyeon returned the hug, "Don't cry Hyuk-ah, I'm an illegal vampire. I'm not supposed to be alive anyways".

Ravi swallowed a lump in his throat and Hongbin turned around to rub his eye. He really failed to see how valuable of a person Hakyeon was.
Hongbin always thought Hakyeon as too loud and annoying for him but now he realized why his emotionless friend loved him so much.

Hakyeon was a treasure.
And even though he tried so hard right now to be brave, he looked the most vulnerable.
______________________________________________________________________
Meanwhile, Leo was taken to Ken's office.

"Hello, I thought you'd be happy to have your mate back with you", Ken smirked.

"I need to speak alone", Leo said, eyeing the guards. Ken's smirk disappeared and he looked momentarily nervous before he signalled for the guards to leave them.
Leo was observant as he felt Ken's heart speed up.
He frowned; this would only logically result to one of two things. A vampire's heart only sped up when in love or afraid. There was no fraction of possibility that Ken could be in love with Leo. But why would Ken's heart speed up if Leo made no aggressive movement? Why was he automatically afraid?
Naturally speaking, only a submissive vampire would be automatically afraid of a dominant who isn't their mate.

Leo grit his teeth, "I didn't like him returning with a twisted ankle".

"Mm well we have to lose to gain don't we?" Ken replied absently, "So what do you want?"

Ken's heart stopped beating hard as it calmed down. It was only for a few seconds like something that happened automatically but controlled as soon as it began.

"Hakyeon needs to feed".

Ken looked up, a sharp eyebrow raising, "That's nice. Who's Hakyeon?"

Leo felt like smashing the man's head into the desk. He bit his lip before finally saying the word, "B-Bait".

"Ahh! Why didn't you say so? Of course, a corpse will be delivered for feeding tonight", Ken replied cheerfully.

Despite Ken's sharp and tall figure and cold attitude, he let off a feminine feeling and it made sense how submissive vampires didn't put up a serious fight when being brought here; he was also a submissive vampire!

"C-can you let him out to hunt? He eats fresh", Leo said, trying to find an excuse for Hakyeon to go out and catch a rabbit or something.
Ken rolled his eyes, "Oh don't worry about your high-maintenance mate. I'll take care of it. Guards? We're done here".

The guards came in and grabbed Leo before he could say anything else. He could only hope that Ken would make arrangements for Hakyeon to hunt.

Ken was a submissive vampire then why did the dominant vampire guards obey him? There was no way they can't know about Ken's identity so how did he get them to follow his orders? Any dominant vampire would try to mark an unmarked submissive as his own or to gain power over them.
This was interesting indeed.

 

...............................................................................................................................................

THATS RIGHT HONGBINGBONG! Feel bad!!!

lol omg guys! Hongbin has been confirmed with a lead role in an upcoming drama (16 episodes) Im so excited and happy for him <3<3<3

AND OMO!! Leo and Ravi unit!!! IM dying from excitement!!! >< BTW enjoy <333

BYEEE <3 ~