Chapter 17

Eternity

After numerous attempts, the four boys failed. No matter what, there was no way they could convince the guards to let them inside the palace-like building of the Council.
They'd rented two hotel rooms nearby and we're staying there. However, it wasn't cheap and they couldn't remain there forever. The thought of giving up on Hakyeon wasn't a possibility for Taekwoon.

It was another night where he lay in bed, unable to sleep as he thought of his mate.
Was Hakyeon in pain? Was he alright? The fact that Taekwoon wasn't with Hakyeon was torturing enough.
He finally rose from his bed, glancing at the bed across from him where Wonshik's loud snores echoed.
He silently grabbed his coat and left the room, feeling too suffocated.
The Council's building wasn't far from the hotel and Taekwoon took a walk, pausing to look up at the large building.
How could the Council help anyone if they remained in a large building; it was absolutely ridiculous.
Taekwoon was exhausted and he sat down to think.
The only thing that came to mind was haunting.
Hakyeon. His mate.
Hakyeon's smiles.
Hakyeon's tears.
The way Hakyeon was always so hungry for love and affection.
How he (often) pushed the latter away whenever Hakyeon wanted to cuddle.
How, not once, his beloved mate ever pushed him away. Hakyeon tried so hard to please Taekwoon and always smiled, never blaming anyone.
Taekwoon always knew that Hakyeon had been wrong all along. He wasn't meant to die; he wasn't a mistake nor a sin.
He was perfect; he was made to be loved. There was nothing unlovable about him in Taekwoon's eyes. But he never directly told him that; he should've removed Hakyeon's doubts the moment they surfaced. He should be treasured him and told him how perfect he was.
Taekwoon wiped away a stray tear, observing the night when suddenly, his heart stopped.
There was a man in front of the building, speaking with the others.
And Taekwoon's eyes weren't mistaken.

The same tall figure, sharp facial structures, and full lips was clearly Ken.
But Ken wouldn't be here-- he couldn't possibly be a Council member.
And suddenly, Taekwoon felt deceived and furious as he began screaming, arms against the bars.

"YOU SON OF A !! YOU NASTY MOTHER ER!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??!"

The three men turned in anger and shock at a vampire to even have guts to say such words at Council member.
The guards appeared immediately to grab Taekwoon's arms.

"I don't know who the hell you are but you should really watch yourself".

Taekwoon felt like choking him. How dare Ken have the audacity to act like he was innocent. It was as though he had no ounce of remorse for his actions.

" you Ken", Taekwoon said between gritted teeth.
Ken's eyes widened in surprise as he ordered the guards to bring Taekwoon inside to the office.
---
When the door shut, Taekwoon snarled angrily, "How did you know we were coming here? What have you done to Hakyeon?!"

"I'm sorry but you need to listen to me. I'm not Ken", Ken said in a rather calm voice.
Taekwoon stood up and looked at him in anger, "You take me for an idiot after everything you've done?! What are you even--"

"I'm his twin brother, Jaehwan. Lee Jaehwan."

........................................................................................................................

After the horrifying miscarriage, Hakyeon was only given a few more nights to rest and restore his health with blood before he was impregnated again. He was so overwhelmed with emotional and physical pain that he couldn't even process what happened.
He sobbed in anger at himself for not protecting the fetus. He blamed himself and cried.
For Taekwoon, wishing for his mate. But at the same time, he didn't want to see Taekwoon after this. He was ashamed for anyone to see what had become of him.

And this time, the impregnation process wasn't like before. It was late afternoon when the door opened and Hakyeon was on alert. He smelled the dominant male guard right away and realized how things would be going down.
"Please", he whispered as the man came closer. Poor Hakyeon moved to the corner of the bed, eyes terrified.
The guard calmly took off his jeans as Hakyeon began to sob; this was the only dignity he had left.
"Please, I'm sorry! Don't do this! I beg of you", Hakyeon whimpered as he began to panic and shake.
A look of pity flashed through the guard before he grabbed Hakyeon's thin legs and pulled them as he climbed onto the bed.
Hakyeon had no energy to fight, only sobbing as his clothing was removed. As least the guard had the decency to be gentle at all.
It had been months since Hakyeon had and the intrusion was terribly painful. His wrists were pinned down as the man's moved in and out of his body.
It seemed like forever when the guard came inside of Hakyeon and left after covering the shaking boy with a blanket.

Then, Ken returned as his nurturing self. He came in with dinner that night while Hakyeon was still shaking from violent sobs.
He set the food down and sighed as he looked at Hakyeon's form.
When Hakyeon felt the hand petting his back, he cried harder, afraid of what Ken would do next.

"I'm so sorry B", Ken cooed, "It had to be done. You know, I'm not doing all this work for a submissive female; I need a strong male to join me defeat the enemies. I hope you understand".

And soon, Hakyeon was pregnant and Ken returned to his nurturing self as he took care of the boy. But this time, Hakyeon knew it was an act and he shook each time Ken approached him. His days were now filled with pain from pregnancy and fright.
He could only hope it was a male this time.

.......................................................................................................
"I'm so sorry for your mate. We certainly have to stop him".

Hope hit Taekwoon like a punch in the gut. He wildly nodded, "Please! Come with us! I'll can show you where it is!!"
And they planned the leave the next morning and Taekwoon hurried back to the hotel to tell everybody about the news.

~

"So you're a Council member?" Hongbin asked.
Jaehwan nodded.
"But how can you just leave your duties?" Wonshik asked.
Jaehwan chuckled bitterly, "I speak for the submissives and clearly, that isn't favoured much. So naturally, I doubt they'll miss me very much."

Jaehwan revealed that he and Ken were twins that were born 7 minutes apart, Ken being older. Ken seemed to have gone through a lot of trauma after their parent's divorce since their father won custody over the boy. He was abusive and 13 years with the man impacted Ken terribly.
He ended up killing his father and running away, clearly to create an underground association.
"He's delusional and has a bipolar disorder", Ken explained.

Suddenly, Wonshik remembered something, "But he's a submissive. How is he able to control so many dominant vampires??"

"He never was normal", Jaehwan sighed, biting his lip, "He's actually neither a dominant or submissive. He smells submissive but his behaviours are all of a dominant vampire. It has something to do with some sort of personality disorder. You see, originally he's meant to be a submissive. However with everything he went through, he had to be strong to survive. Submitting to his original rank would only mean death. So, he favoured his survival over nature and that shaped his rank."

Such a case was unheard of but that didn't soften Taekwoon's heart. "He's been kidnapping submissives. Hakyeon is the only one to survive his crazy experiments".

Jaehwan seemed genuinely surprised.
"Experiments? What kind of experiments?"

Taekwoon frowned, "I don't know but it has something to do with getting male submissives pregnant to increase populations".

Jaehwan frowned, "I'd have a better idea on how to stop this if I knew what the ultimate purpose was".

That's when Sanghyuk couldn't hold it in; this had to do with Hakyeon's safety for God's sake! The promise could go to hell and Hakyeon could hate him forever. As long as his Hyung was alive, Sanghyuk was fine.

"To create an army and defeat enemies of some sort. He thinks we're going to be attacked".

Taekwoon sharply eyed Sanghyuk, "How the hell do you know that?"

"Hakyeon hyung told me".

Taekwoon grit his teeth, "And what else did he tell you?"

Wonshik and Hongbin nervously gulped and Hongbin parked the car on the side of the road. Poor Jaehwan only seemed confused.

Sanghyuk was silent and Taekwoon's final memories of his mate ran through his head.

The way Hakyeon sadly smiled at him that day.
The way Hakyeon embraced him tightly, afraid of letting go.
He remember how he had to gently remove Hakyeon's hand from his to separate and how his own hope-filled eyes didn't mirror Hakyeon's.
And finally, Hakyeon's message as they separated

"He wasn't going to come back after making the deal", Taekwoon whispered in realization.
Hakyeon has offered himself for the sake of Sanghyuk, Hongbin, Wonshik, and Taekwoon.

He'd been so afraid as he clinged to Taekwoon whenever the guards came to rip him from Taekwoon's arms.
He always went straight to Taekwoon and find comfort by his side after what he went through. He held his tears for Taekwoon's sake so that the dominant wouldn't feel terribly stressed and guilty for letting his mate get hurt.
Even when that wasn't enough to stop Taekwoon's self guilt, Hakyeon restrained himself from finding comfort in his mate altogether, opting to curl up in a corner, away from Taekwoon.

The realization was a stab in the gut. Taekwoon couldn't offer protection that time but he didn't even offer his mate the basic need of comfort. It was the only thing he had left to give but he didn't even give Hakyeon that. He was just too ing busy in his self-guilt to think about what his mate was going through.

"I'm sorry Hyung, Hakyeon thought it was best that you didn't know", Sanghyuk whispered.
"Hakyeon is an idiot", Taekwoon snarled, "He doesn't know better. But you. YOU should've known enough to tell me!"

Hongbin was in the drivers seat so he couldn't defend his mate. And at the same time, Taekwoon had every right to be furious.

"Hyung, you need to calm dow--", Wonshik placed a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder only to be punched across the face when Taekwoon angrily spun around.

Jaehwan quickly pushed Taekwoon, "Look, I feel that you're upset but this isn't going to solve anything. Our first priority is to save Hakyeon".

Taekwoon angrily glared before storming out the car.
Everyone was silent for a while until Sanghyuk spoke.

"Wonshik Hyung, your mouth is bleeding".

...................................................................................................................

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

okay so this is a gift for all my amazing commenters and subscribers and viewers <3

i cant thank u guys enough for ur support. ^_^

thanks :D

i hope u enjoyed this surprise chapter! love ya

HYUK TRASH <3