Chapter 14

Eternity

A total of nine hours passed by without Hakyeon awaking and Leo was certainly blaming himself, sitting in a corner and tugging at his dark hair in frustration.
Everyone else was silent the entire time.

"Hakyeon is his only successful subject", Ravi muttered, "Why? What makes him special?"
"Well the only thing that really sets him apart from others is obviously the fact he's half human", Hongbin replied.

"Hyung! Does that mean that Hakyeon hyung's body can withstand Ken's tests. The. That would theoretically mean that he'd be able to --", Sanghyuk exclaimed before quickly covering his mouth.

Everyone but Leo looked at him. That was indeed a valid statement. Obviously the fact Hakyeon survived was proof he could withstand pregnancy. But the entire idea left a bitter taste in their mouth; whether it was possible or not, it wasn't natural -- especially the fact Hakyeon was being forced into it.

"But how is it that he's stronger than a full bred vampire? Humans aren't stronger than us", Hongbin said thoughtfully.
Before they had time to ponder, Ravi interrupted with a nervous tone.

"Uh guys? ... Hakyeon is awake".
The four boys whipped their heads to the cell in front of them.
And before them was Hakyeon staring at them, his pupils glowing vibrant red. He had no expression as though he never saw them before.
"What is wrong with him?" Hongbin gulped.
Leo gripped the bars as he stared back at his mate. Hakyeon cocked his head sideways, looking curiously as his eye flickered to the four vampires.

"Hakyeon, Hakyeon? It's me, Taek--".
The elder was interrupted by a tortured cry. Hakyeon fell to the floor, screaming as he clutched his stomach. He was hissing painfully on his knees.

Ravi backed into the wall, terrified by the other's behaviour. Sanghyuk clutched Hongbin's arm painfully but his eyes couldn't leave Hakyeon's shaking form.
Leo and Hongbin were mostly only shocked.

The realization came to them at the same time but only Hongbin verbally stated it.
"That isn't Hakyeon".

Leo shook his head in denial, "N-no, Hakyeon, talk to me! Are you alright?"

'Hakyeon' snarled as he got up to hiss at Leo, revealing sharp pointy teeth.
Vampires only extended their canines when fighting, hunting, or mating.
Clearly, it was obvious that the only instinct currently in Hakyeon's mind was attacking what was in front of him. The only thing stopping him from attacking the others were bars. But he wouldn't give up as he banged the bars loudly with his hands. His body was held up by his feet, one of which was injured and shouldn't be under stress. But Hakyeon ignored it, although hissing in pain. It was as though the only thing in mind was to attack someone.

Sanghyuk whimpered; this wasn't his beloved Hyung. Even Hongbin, unable to continue looking at the sad sight.
Tears leaked out of Leo's eyes at he stared into Hakyeon's empty pupils.
No, he wasn't going to accept this; Hakyeon had to be somewhere. Hakyeon couldn't be gone. He'd rip Ken to shreds for this!

Obviously the hissing and banging attracted the guard.
"What's with all the----", his eyes widened when he saw Hakyeon's outstretched arms and gleaming eyes.
"ing hell", he whispered before running back out the door in a hurry, no doubt, to report to Ken.

It wasn't ten minutes until Ken returned to the cells, followed by his human assistant. Except this time, he wasn't dressed in a sharp suit and his hair wasn't jelled back. He wore casual sweatpants and a white t-short and his hair was matted flat; no doubt he was taking a shower.
The flat hair have him a rather boyish look rather than his usual sharpness. And instead of being quiet and calm, he looked wide eyed and angry.

He gasped when he saw Hakyeon.
Then he turned to glare at Leo, "Why the didn't you tell me?! I thought you were his mate; don't you care enough about him to risk his death?"
Leo was initially startled by Ken's loud voice but he recovered quickly.

"Tell you what?" He asked curiously.
"That he's a half bred; don't act innocent", Ken muttered as he turned and ordered his guard to restrain Hakyeon.

Everyone was in shock but they had no time to process as they were all panicked; was Hakyeon going to die?

"What's wrong with him?" Leo asked.
Ken sighed, "We don't have time; this is his body's way of rejecting the blood. He's not in his conscious mind. Since he's not used to human body, his body is reacting compulsively and is in blood lust".
When Hakyeon was restrained, the human forced a pill into his mouth and Ken rubbed his eyes before sighing in frustration.
But as he turned to leave, Leo spoke up, "Can you return him to this cell?"

Ken gave a humourless laugh, "He'll scratch your eyes out; it's too dangerous and he isn't fully healed. He isn't going anywhere until his eyes return to normal".

"He's a submissive", Hongbin awed, "How is he possibly in charge of all this?"
Ken's scent wasn't masked since he probably came here in a hurry but Leo was 112% sure that Ken was indeed a submissive.
Hakyeon's behaviour had yet to change. He only growled and glared, flashing his teeth at the others.
"Well at least he's going to feel better", Hongbin sighed in relief.

"You know", Ravi said, "He's pretty hot for a psycho".
Hongbin stared at his friend with a disbelieving look, "You can't be serious".
"Like without the suit and hair done, he's kinda cute", Ravi said in his defence.
"You really need to stop thinking with your and pull your head out of your ", Sanghyuk interrupted casually from Hongbin's lap.
Ravi stared at the younger boy with an incredulous expression, "Who said you can say that to me, you little--". He raised a hand to neck chop Sanghyuk.
Sanghyuk ducked behind Hongbin and stuck out his tongue.
Hongbin rolled his eyes before looking at Ravi, "He's a kid; don't encourage him by reacting".
"Yah! He swore at me though!" Ravi whined, glaring at the boy.

"Hyuk-ah", Hongbin sighed, "Can you please rephrase your words?"

"Fine. Ravi Hyung, I suggest you stop thinking with your peewee and remove your head from inside your ", Sanghyuk said cheekily, "Please".

"Good boy", Hongbin grinned, satisfied.

Ravi concluded that the little brat wasn't a normal vampire.
His best friend was mated with Satan, in the flesh.

..............................................................................................................................................

omg this was so random and short ><
I promise to update again this week and make up for this chapter.
FORGIVE MEE

thank you <3

lol everyone is so worried, and ravi is just thinking about ken's

kim wonshik says "alls good man"

omg summer is over and uni starts next thursday :'( good luck everybody!!!