Epilogue

The Crimson Feather

Minseok reclined on the brocade sofa, his eyelids drooping as the summer sun streamed in, making the sitting room delightfully warm. He was almost asleep when he felt gentle rubbing on his arm. Trying to shrug it off he grunted in annoyance. Then the hand went to his chest and s lower.

“Luhan, I am trying to sleep!” Minseok snapped his eyes open and glared at his husband.

Luhan hovered over him, a mischievous expression on his face. “Then sleep.”

Minseok pushed Luhan gently, sitting up he sighed at his husband. “How is Sehun doing?”

“Better, I think.” Luhan plopped down on the sofa. He had just spent a few hours visiting the man. “He seems happier here than in the city.”

It had been two months since the case was closed. Almost immediately Minseok and Luhan had packed up their townhouse and retired to the D’Adderleigh estate in the countryside. A few weeks later Sehun had moved to his family’s estate that bordered Minseok’s, swearing off city life for the time being.

“Perhaps he will change after all.” Minseok hoped that Sehun would, one day, discover the common sense that he was lacking. Until that happened it was probably a good idea for him to lay low in the countryside instead of getting in trouble in the city.

“Perhaps.” Luhan grabbed Minseok’s hand. With a tug he brought them both to their feet. “Now come on, Lisbeth has the twins outside for drawing class. It is time to go look upon their masterpieces.”

Minseok smiled at the thought. Lisbeth had been more than happy to accompany them to the countryside, promising to stay in their employ as long as they would have her. Minseok had to admit she was a wonderful nanny and great teacher. She had created a schedule of lessons for Lilly and Theo that Minseok found very well rounded.

“Where did Junmyeon get off to?” Minseok asked as Luhan dragged him from the sitting room. Junmyeon had come with them to the countryside, explaining that he thought the fresh air would help him in his recovery. He had been healing well and could now walk with the aid of a cane.

“The last I spotted of him he was sitting on a horse with Yixing behind him. There were kisses and things, I didn’t look for long.” Luhan made a disgusted look with his face.

Minseok chuckled. It hadn’t been long after they arrived in the country that his estate manager Yixing had made it apparent that he wanted to spend every free moment he had with the young nobleman. Junmyeon in turn seemed completely smitten with the estate manager. They were an unlikely pairing but seemed so happy that Minseok couldn’t help but be happy for them.

“We should go out the back entrance and sneak up on the twins!” Luhan giggled as he dragged Minseok down a long hallway that accessed the servant’s entry.

“Sometimes I wonder if you aren’t the child, Luhan.” Minseok teased.

“I will have you know that I-“Luhan stopped in his tracks. Minseok almost collided with his husband’s back at the sudden stop. Peeking over Luhan’s shoulder he stilled. If Minseok didn’t know any better he would think they had walked in on a proposal. Jongin was down on one knee holding Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Sirs!” Kyungsoo struggled to push Jongin away, pulling his outstretched hand back.

“Please, continue.” Luhan backed away, taking Minseok with him. “And congratulations on your engagement!”

Minseok added his own words of congratulations as they ran towards the front exit, leaving the two valets to speak words of endearment to each other. It would be a marvelous thing if they married. They were crazy about each other and Minseok was quite certain Kyungsoo would never find another person as perfect for his personality as Jongin was.

As they started the walk along the gravel drive Luhan swung their intertwined hands back and forth. “We will have a lot of weddings to attend to this year.”

“It would seem so.” Minseok wondered how Jongdae was doing with his own wedding planning. He had announced his engagement to Heechul a couple of weeks earlier.

“I feel very sorry for all of them though.” Luhan sounded sad.

“Why?” Minseok cocked an eyebrow at his husband.

“They can’t win as compared to our love story.” Luhan stopped walking. He stilled Minseok by wrapping his arms around his middle.

“Love is not a contest.” Minseok clucked his tongue.

“That is a shame because we would win.” Luhan silenced any further protests from Minseok with a deep kiss.  

Minseok melted into Luhan’s embrace, enjoying the sensation of Luhan’s tongue caressing his own. Damn his husband was a good kisser.

“Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww.”

The couple broke their lip lock at the sound but stayed put in each other’s arms. Minseok looked over to see Lily and Theo toddling towards them, small sketch pads in their hands. Their nanny walked behind them, grinning at the children’s antics. “Eeeew daddy! Papa!” They pointed at the couple, scrunching up their faces.

 “Looks like not everyone is amazed by our romance.” Minseok whispered to Luhan.

“Well there are always bound to be a few people who won’t appreciate it.” Luhan winked.

Breaking their embrace the two men walked over to the children, scooping them up into their arms. Minseok started the walk back to the house, his son in his arms, his husband and his daughter next to him. He never had felt so happy in his life. And an entire lifetime of happiness awaited him. He was ready for it.

----------------------------------

a/n- And so it is complete! *wipes tears* Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who hung in there when I was terrible at updating. Thank you to Rose and Irene for being the most awesome cheerleaders ever. Thank you to every reader, commenter, subscriber, and extra love to the upvoters!

This story, along with the first entry in the series, will always have a big place in my heart. I hope everyone enjoyed this story! - LC