Death

Deceit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2:

 

Leigh eyes go wide in the sudden news given to her. She is so devastated at what happened in town that she nearly wanted to crush the freaking culprit of the suicide bomber in her turf. She will never forgive the culprit even if the person is dead.

 

"What will we do with Marina's remains?" Cara asks Leigh, whose eyes are as cold as ice as Leigh sinks in everything on her mind.

 

Leigh looks up to clearly see Cara. She doesn't even know what's running on her bloody mind. It feels like it stops working the moment the news reaches her ears. "Marina doesn't have any family living. Dave is dead too but his remains are with his family. So, we will mourn for Marina. Starting today till tomorrow, we are in mourning." She states coldly.

 

Cara knows Leigh is pretty mad and seething in anger, so does her but a leader will always have the worst pain when she's losing a family member. "I will inform all personnel about it," she responds, hiding her own grief for the lives loss in the bombing.

 

A knock on the door startle Cara but recovers her composure fast. The door opens to see Maria wearing black clothes from top to bottom. "The cremation is done, Ms. Leigh," Maria says hoarsely. The two girls know that she had been crying. There's nothing to hide since her eyes are puffy red.

 

Leigh smiles sadly and nods her head. "Cara will inform you about what we are going to do. You, two, are dismiss and leave me alone for a while. Maria," she calls and Maria looks at her, "prepare my clothes."

 

"Yes, Ms. Leigh," Maria acknowledges.

 

Cara looks at Leigh worriedly, knowing how hurt Leigh is. "Arasso, I will leave you for an hour. Meet us in the living room after that." Leigh didn't look back and continues staring outside but Leigh acknowledges her reminder.

 

The moment the two girls leave, Leigh let her tears fall but there's no sound of sobs heard outside. The tears just kept rolling down her cheeks uncontrollably. Marina is just happy to go to town to meet Dave and now they are both dead, she thought.

 

She shouldn't have let her go to town and she shouldn’t have jinx about her being dead. She is regretting her decision so much.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

"Why did you stand up all of a sudden?" YG asks Clarisse curiously. The whole room is in total silence as they gawk at her abrupt standing.

 

Clarisse composes herself, knowing how wrong of her to lose her composure when she is in an important meeting. "I just got dump again by my date," she lies smoothly and winks at them, for the convincing factor. She can't easily fool them if she doesn't act like how she usually is.

 

"Over text," Seungri inquires amused.

 

Clarisse chuckles but nods her head. "The twerp has no freaking manners for telling a girl that he doesn't want to see her again," she says so heartbroken.

 

"Aw! Is our Clarisse losing her touch on boys?" Daesung jumps in her acting.

 

She sobs fake while a smile is plastered on her face. This will do for now, she thought. She will be reprimanded by Leigh if she sees how horrified she was when she saw the alert sent to her.

 

"So, the IoW will still be companionless?” YG asks Clarisse again, clarifying that the Isle of Women will not accept the offer of companionship from the Triad and Yakuza.

 

“Yes,” Clarisse answers dejectedly, “since our group will have to stay hidden for the rest of our lives and the Isle of Women will never have any companion of sort that will bring harm to our family. That is what we have decided.”

 

“But won’t it be good if you have outside help?” Jiyong voices out.

 

Clarisse turns her head towards Jiyong and smiles warmly. “We have help all over the world. Just because our main body is in Italy, it doesn’t mean that we are not scattered everywhere just like you guys,” she points out to him.

 

“I agree with Jiyong,” Top comes in the conversation. He is the second in command and he thinks that it will be good if they can help the girls when they are in trouble.

 

“Psht!” Bom snickers and smirks at Top.

 

Top glares back at Bom. Why the hell is that girl so against him since earlier? Is she bipolar or anything?

 

CL kicks Bom foot to stop her from doing that. Bom is acting like Top had done something bad to make Bom hate the guts of the second in command of the Triad.

 

Dara, on the other hand, shakes her head in disbelief at how Bom is behaving.

 

Minzy, on the other hand, is busy playing with Daesung on an app in his phone.

 

Clarisse could only stare at them unbelieving that these girls are acting like this in a serious meeting especially Bom. What the hell did Top do to Bom for that girl to act all villainy to Top? She thinks Dara knows, judging from her expression. She should interrogate later.

 

“I’ll ask Cara again, if she changes her mind then I will tell it to you but I will n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter