Deal

Deceit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14:

 

Jiyong sees Leigh leaning on the car and has this serious expression. It’s been a long time since he looks at that face. Now, that he looks at it, there’s sadness in her eyes. Leigh sighs and looks up then shakes her head like she is trying to forget something she didn’t like.

 

Leigh stiffens as she senses something looking at her. She turns her head to the side, only to see Jiyong inside his car moving slowly towards hers. “Damn,” she curses and hurriedly steps inside the car and locks it. “That’s not enough of a breather,” she mumbles to herself.

 

Jiyong steps out of his car after he parks it behind Leigh’s car or is it Clarisse car. Anyway, he knocks on the window and Leigh’s glare at him. Well, he thinks he deserves the glare since he spoke something earlier. “Let’s talk,” he utters.

 

“No, there is nothing to talk about anymore. I think I have made it clear that I will not agree to your proposal.” Leigh replies calmly this time. “The twins are happy by meeting you and that’s enough for me.” If she makes them happier than they are, she has to sacrifice her sanity, she adds in her mind.

 

Jiyong knocks again. “Let’s talk. It’s almost lunch and Eunju-omma will be waiting for us back in the house.” He states calmly.

 

“Then I’ll go back in the house, I’ll see you there,” Leigh proclaims, starting the engine.

 

Jiyong knocks harder this time. “Leigh, let’s talk like two mature people,” he says in frustration.

 

Leigh scoffs. “We have already talked like two mature people earlier and it still didn’t end well, GD,” she responds sarcastically.

 

“Then let’s talk as parents of the twins,” Jiyong counters.

 

Leigh sighs dejectedly. That’s the only thing she can’t escape. They are the parents of the twins and nothing can change that. She wouldn’t change that even if her life is chaotic as it is. She rolls down the window. “You can lean on the car. This is how we are going to talk.”

 

Jiyong sighs. At least, Leigh is willing to talk even if this is a little bit awkward. They look like their plotting something dangerous. “Leigh, can I ask, when did you find out that you were pregnant with the twins?” He watches Leigh’s reaction on the side mirror.

 

Leigh knows Jiyong is watching her in the mirror. “Why do you want to know?” she responds aloof.

 

Jiyong doesn’t find any reaction that will give him any hint if she knew it before she fake her death. “I just want to know…”

 

“If I hid it even before I died, am I right?” Leigh continues for Jiyong. If she knew it back then maybe there’s a chance she didn’t choose the path that will take away the twins and raise them with him. If she knew back then she wouldn’t have cried a river in regret for leaving him when they can build a family. Only if she knew then they will still be together.

 

“Did you?” Jiyong utters, not letting any emotion shows.

 

“Will you even believe me if I say the truth? Anyway, that’s not our topic for today and you have met them already. There’s no need to tackle the past. I want you to present the conditions, and then I will think about if I’m going to give it a go.” She changes the topic immediately. There is no need for him to know the sadness and regret that she has felt for choosing the wrong decision she made four years ago.

 

“I guess there is a change of plan for where we are staying,” Jiyong implies and glances at Leigh who still has no expression on her face, “the Triad building or our loft is big enough to accommodate you and the twins. I can open the two bedrooms unoccupied for the past years.”

 

“Yeah, you should. The twins can occupy the first one and I can occupy…”

 

“No, we will sleep in one room. Do you think the kids are not smart?” Jiyong cuts in.

 

Leigh raises her brow. “I know the kids are brilliant minded but I don’t like the idea of sleeping in one room even if I sleep on the couch.”

 

“Who says you will sleep on the couch?” Jiyong exclaims.

 

“Will you?” she retorts a little teasingly. She knows what he likes to say but she is not going to be very satisfied with that arrangement.

 

“We will sleep in one bed, Leigh. It’s not like we haven’t sleep in one bed.”

 

Leigh clicks her tongue in annoyance with the way he says it. “Next then,” she utters.

 

Jiyong smiles timidly when he gets a reaction from Leigh. “You can’t go back to Italy without valid reasons. I will not allow you or the twins going back to Italy without saying it to me.” He doesn’t want to feel the anxiousness he felt when being left alone.

 

That’s a little unreasonable. Her situation right now is a little tight and she has to be moving back and forth to Italy when she’s needed there but the voice filled of grief coming from Jiyong stops her from rebuffing the condition. “Next,” she remarks.

 

“About my mistresses…”

 

“You can keep them,” Leigh cuts in. It is hurting her but this is the only way of pushing him away from her. She has to push him away as much as possible and spending time with her mistress will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter