The Suspicion

Deceit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12:

 

“Dara-ah, let’s go to your loft first,” Leigh implies without looking at Dara. She is currently gazing the beautiful lights of the skyscrapers are making in the city. They are currently going outside the city since the girls loft is away from the buzzing city.

 

“Okay,” Dara responds, “is this about the attack you got four days ago?” she inquires curiously.

 

“Ne,” Leigh replies truthfully. “Actually while I am asleep, my mind is kind of working every possibility while we are being attack and the last man who killed himself in front of me utter this statement, “My boss wants me to tell you that he will kill your mother for killing his sister.””

 

“Only your mind works while everything in your body is dead tired,” Dara remarks teasingly but then her expression becomes grim. “Are you telling me that your mother is being targeted at the moment?”

 

“Yes, I do believe it’s not only my mother but also Cara’s mother," Leigh replies with the same grim tone Dara used.

 

"So, who do you think it is? Your mom and Cara’s mom had killed many which one of them is behind this?” Dara asserts confused about it. Why will they just act now?

 

Leigh sighs. “I’ll talk about it when we get to your loft. I have assignments for you anyway.”

 

“Arasso,” Dara responds and speeds off before someone tails them.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

“Leigh is currently missing where do you think she went?” Cara inquires to the two people inside their loft. They have been alerted by Youngbae that Leigh escape the building the moment she wakes up. Her damn leader is making trouble the moment her eyes open, she thought frustrated.

 

“Have you asked Dara and the girls if they have been in contact with her?” Minho asks back.

 

“Yes, I did. They said that she didn’t call them yet and judging by it, Leigh can’t go that far since she doesn’t have money with her except if she steals from someone in the street for money,” Cara responds but then she laughs.

 

Clarisse and Minho did too.

 

“I bet she will steal some money to get away from that building,” Minho expresses his amusement.

 

“Anyway, Leigh can handle herself. She might want to breathe some fresh air before going home. Let her be for a while,” Clarisse utters.

 

“I know,” Cara replies warmly. That’s why she is not anxious about Leigh. Leigh knows what to do and what not to do. She can take care of herself and will go back when she had enough breath of fresh air.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

“I want you to investigate the background of Lilly Redford again, to every nook of her being and everything suspicious should be investigate what’s lying behind it,” Leigh orders.

 

“Lilly Redford?” CL vocalizes in perplexity.

 

“Yes, according to what my mind has been saying this matter is not from the person killed by my mom or Cara’s mom but from who we killed. The only person who came up to my mind is Lilly Redford. She is the only victim in my list who is close enough to the years that we have killed with a big secrecy in her life,” Leigh explains.

 

Yes, Lilly is the only person, who may be the sister of the person taking revenge on my family. Lilly is the only big names in the list of the killings we had the past years and she is the only person with a black background like them. Leigh knows that she is on point on this one especially on how the assassins move and kill their selves just for her not to get information. Those moves are like Lilly’s, she is sure of it.

 

“Are you saying that the notorious informants of the underground society are behind this?” Bom asks pryingly.

 

Leigh nods her head. “Actually they are not part of the underground world. Lilly Redford is part of a police task force that has part ways with the justice system from the government. I may actually call them the rogue police force. They may have been in hiding but their information about underground dealings is beneficial to the government that’s why they are not taking them down.”

 

“So, it’s like they are in an impasse where they can’t take on each other because they needed each other?” Minzy speculates.

 

“Yes,” Leigh responds. “I think I heard their name from Lilly,” she thinks about it.

 

“Its name is Serpent’s Lair,” Dara declares. All head turns towards her. “Yes, I know about it. The Serpent’s Lair is a group of ex-cops investigators. I have been invited by them years ago before this group has been formed.”

 

“Oh, is this the group you have been talking about when I met you back then?” Leigh utters in surprise.

 

“Yes, they have s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter