One Roof

Deceit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15:

 

“So, what did you get?” Leigh inquires as she sits on the dining table they are using as meeting table for now.

 

“I have found someone, who is already out of the group,”

 

Leigh stops Dara from talking. “I thought you can never back out from the group? They have to kill you if you escape from them, right?” she asks in curiosity.

 

“Yes, that’s right. This one is a fugitive. According to my connections around the web, this guy escapes from the serpent’s lair and is hiding in a crowded place,” Dara explains. She used all her connections and this is what she has found so far. She thinks it’s a good catch if they can talk to this guy.

 

“What else? Did you run a background check on Lilly?” Leigh utters while she is examining the address written on the report. This is quite a crowded place and a little wise to hide in this location too.

 

“Yes, but it all comes out the same with what we have the past years. Her records are clean of any relatives living.” Dara and Minzy did research everything from scratch and not looking at their previous investigation but it still came out with the same information.

 

Leigh looks at Dara seriously then sighs.

 

Dara is quite baffled by Leigh’s reaction. Is she disappointed of them?

 

“It’s not what you think. I’m about to say I’ll handle the research myself but I remembered that I have to sleep in Jiyong’s house starting tonight,” Leigh explains glumly.

 

“Is it really hard to give in to your feelings?” Dara replies with the same gloomy tone. “Can’t you just try to express what you really feel for him?” Dara looks at Leigh sadly, like she is trying to plead to her that she has to give in sometimes.

 

Leigh didn’t look at Dara as she hears the beseeching tone she had use. “Dara,”

 

“Why?” Dara butts in before Leigh says that she can’t. “Don’t tell me the lines from the drama that you can’t be happy ,” she exclaims seriously.

 

Leigh covers but it didn’t stop her from laughing. “What is a happy ?” she inquires still giggling.

 

“Leigh-ah,” Dara whines at Leigh. She is being serious here and Leigh is trying to change the subject all of a sudden. This is the way of Leigh saying that she doesn’t want the topic.

 

“Dara, I will make contact to the guy that has escaped the claws of the guy coming after my family. It will be maybe, tomorrow or as soon as I can escape from the claws of the twins,” Leigh replies seriously, trying to get back to the matter at hand.

 

“Why don’t I make contact? It might be safer because you may be in watch after the incident.”

 

Leigh looks at her to think about it. Well, Dara is right, she might be in surveillance and it might risk the life of the person they wanted to see in the end. “Arasso, but as soon as you have the details of what we want, you have to inform me as soon as possible.”

 

“I will,” Dara replies genuinely.

 

“Dara, I have to go now. But before I forget, can you please hack into the security cameras along the vicinity of where Clarisse killed Lilly, a day or days after.”

 

“What am I looking for?” Dara replies inquisitively.

 

“A black SUV or maybe a man in suit,” Leigh replies vaguely. She isn’t sure if there’s really a black SUV or even a guy but there’s a lot of possibilities that there is. But what she is afraid that they have wipe out everything from it since it’s already four years ago.

 

“I will check every security cameras from different angles and points of directions possible," Dara complies with Leigh's order. If she can take all of her duty then Leigh can spend more quality time with Jiyong.

 

"Gomawo," Leigh states her gratitude. "I have to go now and prepare myself for the worst." She needs to prepare her mind in every possibilities going to happen tonight and the days to come.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

As soon as she rides on the car, she sighs deeply and a crease in her face is prominent. She's still tired and recovering but there's a lot of problem occurring that she doesn't have time to let her guard down.

 

"George, can we go to Namsan Tower?" she utters tiredly.

 

George looks at Leigh on the rear view mirror and the tiredness from her eyes is really showing. "Arasso," he replies, trying to be Korean once in a while.

 

Leigh's comfort place is Namsan Tower.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

"What's happening with th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter