One Bed

Deceit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16:

 

Leigh is trying to get her sleep but she's utterly failing at it. She's been lying for hours and it's already two thirty in the evening and she still can't sleep. She is afraid of tossing around since Jiyong is already sleeping by her side. She doesn't want to wake him up.

 

Leigh gets up and walks out of the room. She needs hot milk if only Minho is here, she can wake him up and talk to him till morning and Minho will just carry her to her room if she falls asleep.

 

"I hope they have milk powder or just milk," she utters to herself when she is in the kitchen rummaging, searching for any milk carton.

 

"It's in the second shelf to your right," Top points to Leigh. He can't sleep because he's thinking about Leigh and Jiyong being in one room. It must be suffocating and now, Leigh gets out.

 

"Thanks Top," Leigh says gratefully. "Why are you still awake?" She looks back and smiles. "Are you worried that we are strangling each other to death?"

 

Top looks up in surprise. "Not strangling but suffocating," he answers honestly after all, Leigh will know if he is lying or not.

 

"Suffocating," Leigh repeats amusedly as she pours hot water to her cup. "The atmosphere is a little calm since we are both sleeping," she lies a bit but it is serene and peaceful but she really can't sleep when she comes into a new home.

 

"Do you want someone to talk to?" Top offers.

 

Leigh shakes her head. "I'll think I can sleep after this drink," she responds politely.

 

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning." Top didn't push his services as a listener. "Leigh, you're not going to do a dying stunt on us?"

 

Leigh stops her hand midair. "I'm not." But she may die because of the enemies surrounding her, she thought to herself. She doesn't want the guys to get involve to her own problems.

 

"That's good to know," Top utters in relief and leaves Leigh alone in the kitchen.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong wakes up with no Leigh besides him. Did she leave him in the middle of the night? He doesn't know because he's dead asleep. It has been a while since he got a good sleep like that. He touches her side of bed and it's already cold.

 

Jiyong stands up and wears his robe before going out. He stops the moment he saw Leigh sleeping on the couch and in the table is an empty cup.

 

"She came out two hours ago," Youngbae informs Jiyong. He knows that Leigh came out and talk with Top. He's awake since he can't sleep that well with all the thinking about the two of them. "You better bring her to your room. It's cold in here and she's sleeping with thin clothes. We better be careful of her health."

 

"I know," Jiyong replies. He scoops her in to his arms. She's so light and she didn't make it hard for him to carry her like this.

 

"Is something the matter?" Youngbae asks in worry. Jiyong's baffled expression makes him worry too.

 

"Nothing," Jiyong replies. “Have a good sleep,” he tells Youngbae before entering his room.

 

He lays down Leigh on her side of the bed, covers her with the blanket and brushes the hair out of her face. “Are you really uncomfortable being with me in bed?” He sighs before walking towards the couch. Just for tonight, he thought before he goes to sleep again.

 

------------------------------------------------

 

Leigh wakes up groggily and examines her surroundings. She sits up quickly as she didn’t recognize the room but it hits her that she is in Jiyong’s room. “I am still coping up, I guess.”

 

She looks at the side of Jiyong but he is not there. She touches the space and it’s cold. Her head snaps back as she hears coughing sounds. She doesn’t know what to react to what she is seeing. She is surprised, shocked, baffled, and is on the verge of laughing but worried at the same time.

 

But Leigh smiles a bit. “What happens to no one sleeping in the couch?” she muses amusedly. She shakes her head in incredulity of the situation then sighs. She grabs the blanket and walks over to the sleeping Jiyong and covers him with it.

 

She stares at Jiyong’s face for a while and she knows what her expression is and if she can, she will never show it to him again. The love she has for him has to die before it grows and clings to her like a disease.

 

She turns around and walks inside the bathroom and another smile comes out from her lips. Her toiletries are arranged neatly at the side of his toiletries. She checks on her trolley but it’s empty. She chuckles and covers her face in total embarrassment becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter