Oblivious

Deceit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1:

 

Leigh roams around in the garden filled with laughter of Clarisse, Cara and Minho. It is like everything is in place except for the fact that Minho is here and not Lilly. She sighs as she remembers Lilly.

 

Lilly can be a part of the family if she isn't that much loyal to her own group. Leigh had given Lilly a lot of chances but every time she thwarts it with her action and the killing of some of Leigh’s people didn't sit well with her, that's why she had stop trying on giving Lilly chances. Innocent lives are sacrificed because of Lilly’s information gathering.

 

Until now, Leigh is waiting for Cara to ask her about Lilly's betrayal but Cara didn't bother inquiring and let it pass like she never knew a person named Lilly Redford.

 

"Leigh!" Cara calls, waving her hand for her to come to them.

 

Leigh smiles and walks towards the grassy lawn where the nitwits are resting, staring at the clear blue sky.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Leigh is now sitting in her study table reading the appeal of some villagers in town. She scowls as she read one particular word in the paper. That word is Korea. "So, are you saying that our best option now is to expand the exports of our shipments? Can the local villagers supply the big market you are suggesting?” She asks sternly, looking at the papers in front of her.

 

The spokesperson of the villagers pales when she asked about it sternly. She wants to laugh at him but this is not the right moment to be soft on them.

 

"I have asked them several times and they respond that they can," he replies to her.

 

"Aaron," Leigh speaks his name, "I don't think expanding till Asia is a good choice. If we expand so much and leave our own market loss of great quality crops then our own demise is on its way."

 

"I see your point, Ms. Leigh," Aaron agrees, nodding his head.

 

"How about you tell the villagers that if they want to expand I will allow them to export to the remaining European countries that we are not yet exporting with our products?" Leigh suggests with a warm smile.

 

Aaron smiles in relief that at least he has good news to tell rather than none at all. "I will tell them right away, Ms. Leigh." He stands up and so does Leigh. He bows and shakes her hand for a parting gesture.

 

"Have a safe trip back to town," Leigh remarks as Aaron is being escorted by her guards towards the front door of the large manor they got in the middle of the serene forest.

 

A moment later, Cara comes in with Marina, a maid, with tea and cookies in the cart Marina is pushing. "So, they want to expand exporting crops?" Leigh nods her head in response. "That's a little grand, don't you think?"

 

Leigh stares at Marina who is busy pouring tea on the cups with a sour face. Cara notices this and so does she jest, "Marina is a little bit irritated because apparently her boyfriend, Dave, is missing in action at the moment."

 

Leigh giggles, looking away from the astound Marina that is currently shooting glares at Cara for blurting out her problem without modesty. "Here's you tea," Marina says a little bit riled and her footsteps a little bit heavy.

 

"Marina, don't be affected by her jest," Leigh tells her kindly. "Maybe, Dave is a little busy at the moment. Why not take a break and go to town to buy some supplies for the pantry and get the chance to meet with Dave."

 

Marina jumps in joy and hurriedly hugs the life out of Leigh. Leigh is thankful enough that she is not sipping her tea at that moment. As soon as Marina is done with giving them their teas, she runs of wherever she has to go.

 

"Our supply in the pantry just got filled yesterday," Cara declares amusedly.

 

"Aisht! Just give her the time she needs for her boyfriend. It's not like she will be killed while she's in town or something." Leigh blurts out. She then sips her tea before looking back to the documents that needs her attention.

 

"How's the baby growing?" Cara changes the topic, all of a sudden.

 

She looks down on her bulging belly. "I bet the baby is fine."

----------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jiyong! It's time to get up." Youngbae shouts as he pounds on his door.

 

Jiyong groans in frustration and throws whatever his hand touches. A loud bang is heard that even he sits up straight and completely wide awake. "What the hell," he cusses.

 

The door opens and the grim face of Youngbae has caught Jiyong’s attention. "What did you just throw at the door?" Youngbae asks angrily. There is a dark ominous aura around him and Jiyong can clearly see that he is so dead right now.

 

Youngbae strides to Jiyong in a matter of seconds and he pinches Jiyong's ear and is now being drag to the bathroom shower and lock at the same time. "You better be done in ten minutes, Kwon Jiyong or else I will massacre your balls."

 

Jiyong’s eyes wide open in shock and ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter